“We finally found our place in the Dells”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of White Rose Inns

White Rose Inns
Ranked #10 of 16 Wisconsin Dells B&B and Inns
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“We finally found our place in the Dells”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at the motel portion of the White Rose Inn. My fiance & I have been going to the Dells the last 4 years & have tried a different hotel/motel every year looking for just the right fit & this was it!! We wanted 1) Under $100/night 2) quiet 3) close to the strip. Success! Our room had a view of the river, it was clean & the management was friendly. I honestly had no complaints. We will most definitely be going back next year!

Room Tip: Room #13 has a view of the river
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Birdee33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I were married here back on 2005. We went back several times for our anniversary. We've always had very positive experiences there. My daughter and I recently stayed a few nights; a mother daughter get away before she heads off to college. This stay was HORRIBLE!
I will not go back as long as the current owners own it. The man is terribly rude towards women. He wouldn't even acknowledge my daughter and I when we went down for breakfast; he had no problem speaking to the other guest's husband though. When I confronted him on this, he said that I misunderstood the situation and then said that he must not have seen me. This was a blatant lie, he made eye contact with me.
I have never been disrespected in a place that I paid to stay at before. This was so shocking! I am still beside myself that no apology of any kind was offered. He even accused me of judging him! He told me that if I came into things with a negative outlook I would continue to have negative experiences. What?!
To add to the uncleanliness mentioned by others, yes the place has seen better days. It is dusty, and full of cobwebs - not to mention the fluids left on the comforter by another guest GROSS! The beds need to be replaced and they do need to do something about the hot tubs going off in the early am hours. Scared the you know what out of us.
To wrap this up, it is not the place I hold so dear in my memories. Such a shame!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank HaleighBear
NORTHFIELD
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. We took the train to the Dells and due to a late departure, Randy, the owner, didn't bat an eye at letting us stay until 5:00 so that we didn't have to carry our bags while we explored the town during the last day of our stay. Since we took the train in, we were without transportation around town; during breakfast the first day this came to Randy's attention and he volunteered to drive the 4 of us to the Antique Mall and Tanger Outlet. We took a cab back but it was less expensive than any ride in a larger city.
The owners were also beyond accommodating with gluten free dietary needs. Two of our party had special requests and they were happy to accommodate. The breakfasts were both high quality and plentiful.
Lastly, upon our arrival we were informed that there was remodeling going on next to the room we had reserved, so rather than have us deal with dust and disruption, we were offered the Loft at the same price. Great place and great people.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DEAN D
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

The White Rose Inn was my first experience at a B&B. The bathroom in our room was small, and the shower did not have a shelf for shampoo,etc. It reminded me of a shower house at a campground. The hot tub in our room came on automatically around 1am while we were sleeping and startled us awake. The next day, we found a book downstairs explaining that this would happen for scheduled cleaning but info like that should be in each room that has a hot tub. The painted walls in our room were scuffed up, and the room and house just felt unclean. The fan in the bathroom had no affect on the shower steam, and our room was humid and uncomfortable all night. Again, I am accustomed to hotels and may have unfair expectations.

• Stayed July 2013
Oakland, California
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I had the extreme fortune to be able to stay in one of the bed and breakfast rooms of The White Rose Inns in Wisconsin Dells. It was wonderful. The entire staff was friendly, cheerful and helpful. The food was great. The location was ideal. Our room was clean and wonderfully decorated. The neighborhood was good. They even have a wedding chapel with a great view! Definately I would like to stay there again. There is also a motel in addition to all the B&B rooms. There is a park across the driveway. Oh yeah, the swimming pool was great too!

Room Tip: The Sherman House B&B rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank saiprem
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We spent a night in the motel with a king bed. The front-desk person was very pleasant.

The room was simple and very clean; seems it was recently re-modelled. Room had microwave, fridge and a small basic cable TV. There was no coffee; coffee was available near the pool in morning. Not a big deal but the door has to pulled hard to open/close.

Room didn't have hair-dryer and probably the website should clarify this.

The AC was installed on the window and was pretty noisy. We had a baby with us and sometimes it would wake all of us when it kicked in.

Overall the room seemed a bit pricey to me (there was not any vacancy at other places for a night) but we would not mind staying there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank leolite
Lake Geneva
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We have stayed at the White Rose Inn 3 times now and were never disappointed. The price is very reasonable and the staff is wonderful. We have brought our parents as well and they were also happy. We stayed at the motel and the rooms we have had were great. A bit outdated but clean all the same. each room has a bit of a homey feeling as they are not like the big box chain motels. The outdoor pool is big and warm ! tons of lounge chairs and tables to sit and enjoy yourself. They offer morning coffee free and dont forget the cookies ! warm home made yummy cookies. You can add to the cost of your Motel room breakfast, I do have to say we have always been happy with what was served.My Father in law could not eat what was being served so the cook made him a totally different breakfast which made him very happy .We have had eggs and bacon with a short stack of pancakes and watermelon slices, your choice of juice and of course coffee or tea, all served with a smile. Its totally worth it to add that to your stay. The very friendly servers are outside in the summertime serving on the many patios. They have a Secret Garden restaurant in the basement for the wintertime I guess, we have never been there at that season but we will plan to come back for this coming winter. All in all I think this is a fine Motel for the price and the staff and servers are very friendly and helpful. With all the good reviews of the Bed and breakfast homes that will be my next stay ! Oh and its within less than a city block from downtown Dells and all the shopping ! perfect placement.

Room Tip: If you want a great room for the two of you and you want to stay in the Motel and not the B and B...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple