“A Great Fourth of July Stay”

Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #27 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I booked here because it was in the Dells and it was reasonable for the dates (4th of July weekend.) What a nice surprise. As soon as I pulled up I knew that this was going to be a good visit. The outside of the property looks tidy and kept up and the automatic doors are a nice touch so you don't have to struggle with bags. The front staff greeted us immediately and were very quick in checking us in. I had read great and mediocre reviews about this place but I can tell you that we were treated like gold and our room was spacious, clean, modern and quiet. An added bonus, last night was the 4th and our room was perfectly situated to watch two fireworks shows from while sitting in the comfort of our lounge chairs. Also, they recommended a good Italian place that delivers for free so we had a late night dinner brought to us too. There is a nice indoor pool which I didn't use but looks very inviting. There are several common use computers available in a nice, clean area. I asked for a couple of things during the night and was cheerfully accommodated with my requests and always greeted promptly and listened to. The customer service here, as opposed to another property (separate review) that we stayed at in this area, was great and left nothing to be desired. Other hotels, take note. People do have a choice of where to stay and this Ramada is the tops. I hope that they will see this and smile.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelkitty50

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our family vaction to the dells and did a package w/ noahs ark passes. The room was so nice especially for only being rated 2 stars. Everything was clean and nice looking. Staff was very friendly and they had a nice breakfest. I was over all impressed with the pool area that had a nice working hot tub and an actual working sauna. We stay at another hotel are 2nd night that was rated the same and it was horrible!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My experience with Ramada has been hit and miss, but overall the Ramada in the Dells is a good option.

The room was a little on the small side, but the amenities were more than adequate. A modest continental breakfast is offered. The staff was very accommodating and helpful, and the rooms were updated.

For as many families as are attracted to the Dells, we really never had an issue with noise. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. We booked a room here because it was one of the discounted hotels in the Dells Season Opener Book. The room itself was clean and nice. There isn't much lighting. Plugins are scarce as well, which kinda sucks when you want to have 2 phones and a laptop charging. Unfortunately, that seems to be the norm in hotels anymore.

We were in Room 212, which happens to be right by the entrance to the hotel. This ended up being an issue on our first night. We went to bed around midnight and as I was drifting off to sleep, I realized I hadn't brought my ear plugs. Shortly after this realization, I heard people talking loudly outside. I brushed it off at first since hearing other people is typical in a hotel. However, after I was awoken a couple more times to different voices talking, I went to the window to see what it was. It appeared to be employees talking about the height Clearance sign, which had been hit. I may be incorrect about it being an employee, but she appeared to have a clipboard and was dressed professionally. I would think employees would know to be quiet for their guests. Our window was closed, so I couldn't do much to shut out the noise. I eventually went down to the desk to ask for ear plugs, which they did not have. The guy at the desk offered to run to the gas station and get me some, but I declined. I mentioned that the people outside were being rather loud, making it difficult for me to sleep. I probably came off pretty jerky to the poor guy, but I was irritated.
I returned to my room and my husband and I turned the AC on to mask the noise, so I eventually got some sleep. We had the AC on the whole second night, so I'm not sure if people were loud that night or not.

The breakfast is decent. There are multiple waffle makers, which are popular with people. There was fruit, donuts, cereal, bagels, toast (and eggs Saturday morning).

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the hotel entrance if possible!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HHW86
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the Ramada Inn in The Dells. It was a pleasant enough motel. Nothing fancy, but clean and adequate. Biggest complaint was the trash was never totally emptied. Two adults and 2 children do have some trash, especially having brought some of our own food. The coffee was not replaced in the room for morning coffee. Nothing was bad about this place for the price we got...just minor things. Overall a good stay.