My family and I stayed in a 2-bedroom villa that slept 9. My husband, three boy tweens, and I were comfortable and had plenty of room in the villa. It felt like we were at home and could relax and cook most of our meals. We were happy to have the space and privacy and did not want to compromise by staying in the hotel. The villa was super clean! FYI, if you plan to tip the housekeeping do it each morning. The cleaning staff comes in, exchanges out your old towels for new ones, and can give you kitchen cleaning tools as well. If you tip at the end, on of your stay the "strippers" (the people who strip down your linens) get the tip and they don't share with the housekeeping staff. Our housekeeping service came while we were still in the villa and she gave us more bath and kitchen towels along with dishwasher detergent. We tipped our house keeping lady and she was thrilled due to the fact this was the first tip she has ever received while being employed at the Wilderness. She gave us great service not because of the expectation of a tip but because she wanted to give good service. This was admirable and was noted in our stay.
The water parks were great and were enjoyed by the entire family. We did splurge on a cabana and it was well worth it. The cabana was air-conditioned and came with a flat screen, seating for 8, mini fridge, beach towels and a hostess. Seating was difficult to come by at the parks unless you got there super early and staked out a spot. It was nice to be able to lounge in style! I was even able to do some work on my laptop and participate on conference calls without being disturbed.
Pros: Lots of space in Villa and cabana was worth it
Cons: Bed was uncomfortable in Master Suite and TV’s were old and couldn't hook up a gaming system
We checked in on Wed and out on Friday during Easter Weekend. Our stay was busy with other spring breakers but it seemed it was more congested as Easter weekend neared. We were glad we went during week! Our family enjoyed the trip and will come back in the summer when more attractions are open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come play the day away in America's largest waterpark resort! The Wilderness has 4 indoor and 4 outdoor water parks totaling nearly 500,000 square feet (that is over 12 football fields of water fun!) We also have two indoor, 3-D, black light mini golf courses; outdoor mini golf; zip lining; go-karts; laser tag; Wild Rock Championship Golf Club; and award-winning spa services at Sundara Spa. Amazing lodging options include Wilderness themed guest rooms, condos, villas and cabins. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Wilderness Resort Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wi Dells
- Wilderness Resort Wi Dells
- Resort Wilderness Wisconsin