“What more could you want?”
Review of Wilderness Resort

Wilderness Resort
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We enjoyed this resort for a wedding weekend. The reception was held in Glacier Canyon. The room at Wilderness was clean and convenient. Even in November, the balcony was nice with a beautiful of the timber. We had "the Bean Bodega" right across from our room providing Starbucks crafts and brews! Yummy! We were able to sneak off to mini golf and high ropes in between activities. The shuttles were so convenient and friendly. The reception hall was so nice and also convenient. Finally, Sunday we got to the actual water parks after checking out. We hopped parks with the convenient locker systems storing our stuff. That made using the park after checking out so easy. Sunday, we had next to no waiting on water rides. Food at the water park needs some help, but you could bring in food. Adult beverages are crazy expensive, but cannot bring those in. The actual restaurant offered a great breakfast buffet with great variety.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We planned on staying during the weekend before Thanksgiving. We arrived about 11:30am on a Sunday. Check in was pretty fast and even though the room wasnt ready they text message the room number while you use the pool, so I thought that was cool. However be careful after checking in, they send you to another section for a coupon book. This is actually a way for the time share sales people to get a hold of you and offer you 'free' money for touring the new time share section. Anyone who has sat through a time share knows, no money is worth sitting through the awful pressure of that sales person. We told the lady we were not interested and she called me rude. I wasnt rude just dont waste my time. We went to the wave pool first and it was good. Renting a locker is pricy but you have no choice when you room is not ready. They only had half of the slides open and the waiting was for the tubes coming up the lift. They only used 2 tubes for the weekend. We ate at the little cafe in the wave pool and the food was ok. Prices are $6 and up depending on what you get. We then went to the other park which was the Klondike and it was pretty nice. Although I would have liked to see more tubes used and both part of the slides operating the line were not very long. The Wild West park was closed the whole time so we never saw it. Becareful when going in winter they dont open all 4 parks. The small park is about 5 min away and is more for little kids. We did not spend any time there. We decided due to the body slides (they only had 2) were shut down to check out early. Im sure this place is nice and all parks open in the summer, but I would go again in the winter.

Room Tip: We have a family of 5 and did the 2 queens with the sleeper sofa.
2  Thank SheaWankel
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My family loves the adjoining rooms. The room layout with 2 beds and the sofa area is perfect. We set up our toddler's pack n' play by the sofa area and she was able to sleep/nap peacefully while my husband and I played board games with our 4 year old daughter. The walkways between the waterparks make outdoor winter weather a non-issue. The staff is very friendly and I LOVE that the Wilderness does not sell day passes. We have stayed every year since my oldest was an infant and will continue to stay because of the staff, the amenities, and the rooms. Great time had by the whole family.

THANK YOU!

Room Tip: There is a lot of foot traffic for rooms in the 500's. I don't suggest those for families wi...
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for the weekend late November. Check in was quick and room was ready! Glad our room was not on the second floor. This is the main drag through the hotel and has lots of traffic. Waterparks were fun! Ate dinner at the buffet which was good! Only complaint is that we were on the opposite side of the hotel from the two main indoor waterparks. We had a 15 minute walk to them, but the trek was indoors so at least it was warm. We would stay again, but not on a weekend. Very crowed water parks! Get there early so you have a place to put your stuff

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this report five times. We have never had a problem. We love the different waterparks, and you can't beat the price at $99 a night during the off season for a room with two queen beds for four people. Yes, the indoor waterparks are spread out. You will have to do some walking. This is not a problem unless you are disgustingly lazy. Yes, there are a lot of stairs. How else do you expect to get to the top of the slides? Yes, it can be loud. If you want peace and quiet, go to a spa. This is a waterpark resort, and there will be children and noise. Some of the negative reviews on here are so ridiculous. Pay no attention to them. I
would recommend this resort
to anyone looking for a fun getaway at a great price! Like I said, my husband and I have gone five times. We both love it, and will continue to return again and again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have stayed at the Wilderness twice now with my family. We get a 4 bedroom condo for my husband and I, our 4 kids, his parents and brothers. Saves us a lot of money on a family trip to bring food and cook our own meals in the kitchen there. The condo's have plenty of room and are very nice. There are shuttle busses to take you anywhere on site you need to go which is great, and the kids love the waterparks. There are so many it's impossible to get bored, also the kids love the arcades and the timberland play place. The mini golf is great too. We buy the wilderness fun pass I think it's called which is a good deal for all the activities. The last time we stayed there we were a little disapointed with the condo because some things were broken and the appliances made a lot of noise at night, but when we relayed our concerns to staff they apologized and gave us coupons for our next stay which we really appreciated. We will definately stay here again and again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We met family friends at the Wilderness Resort for 2 days, 2 nights of waterpark fun in November! The 3 indoor waterparks are easy to navigate and kept our 4 kids (15,14,11,10) entertained, busy, and by checkout time... exhausted. It was a very quiet 7 hour drive home! There was plenty to do on the premises outside of being waterlogged. Climbing tower, arcade, lazer tag, mini-golf, ice cream, candy store, pottery painting,,,, we ran out of time before we ran out of things to do. The wave pool was the overwhelming favorite attraction. It is HUGE and aggressive without the danger of shark attacks :)

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet. I feel the second floor rooms could be noisy as t...