“Awesomeness”
Review of Wilderness Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Wilderness Resort
Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I loved the wilderness to be honest their wave pool is outstanding nothing in my opinion can compare! The only thing I need to say about it is that it's huge and very hard to know where you are ( again in my opinion ) but overall it was excellent! You all will probably have fun because it's great and you will see there are bigger kid rides and smaller kid rides!

Stayed: July 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (3,056)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was our first time in the Dells and we took our two 15 year old girls. They had a pretty good time. They were always on the go and crashed at night from playing so hard. They have so many water parks that it doesn't feel very crowded. We stayed at the hotel and it was clean. We had two queen beds plus a pull out couch.

The first night we ate at the buffet and not only was it extremely overpriced ($20 per person), but the food was just awful. It was the worst any of us had ever had - we didn't even eat it because it was so gross. Unfortunately, that is $90 that I will never get back. The next night we ordered the pizza deal from the Klondike Pizza Kitchen, The pizza was good, but they overcharged me $2 for the pizza deal - compared to the advertisement that they gave us upon check-in. Finally, the third night we ate at Monk's, which you can get to by taking the shuttle. Thankfully, we had a good meal there!

I wish I could say that we didn't have any problems aside from the food issues, but we did. First, we had to deal with a very rude shuttle driver. Our first time taking the shuttle we were a little confused about how they ran and where we needed to get off, and the driver we had was very loud and impatient with us.

The other issue was upon check in, they have you fill out a form and you need to list who in your party is authorized to get a replacement key if it is lost. The only ones in my party that were allowed to get a new key was myself and my husband. However, on the very first day, my daughter misplaced her key and she was able to walk right up to the front desk and request a new key. The only thing she had to give them was the room number - and nothing else. I think this is a very dangerous safety issue that they need to address right away.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the third floor - it's a little quieter.
2  Thank Jami13
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We visited this resort all the way from Arizona. I was worried that the temperature in the waterparks would be cold for us since we are used to Arizona weather. I was wrong. All the parks had heated water including the outdoor parks. There was so much to do here with a variety of waterparks for all ages. The room was spacious, but could maybe use a little updating. This is nothing that would stop me from staying here again though. You hardly spend any time in your room anyway. Our family had so much fun here and I was exhausted by the end of each day. I had a room on the 3rd floor, so I had no problem with noise. I could see it being more noisy on the 2nd level though since that is where all the walkways to the waterparks are.

Room Tip: 3rd floor with a wooded view will get you a nice quiet room.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My mother- in- law from Illinois planned this family vacation for all of her children and grandchildren... 14 total. Coming from NJ, I had no real idea what to expect of the Dells.. other than some online reviews. We had a good time. The resort has a lot to offer, so it's what you make of it that creates your vacation. The grandchildren vary in age from 5 to 13 and there was something for everyone with lots they could do together. We kept busy all week with very few excursions off of the resort. We had rented adjoining condos which were spacious and clean. They were average, but they served their purpose. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were nice and dark for good sleeping :) The water parks and public restrooms/ locker rooms were as clean as can be expected. There was always someone mopping up the floors/ cleaning the locker rooms ect. The indoor water parks were a bit hot and stuffy, the smell of chlorine was intense. All of the employees were kind and friendly. My mother in law noted a few times that they must have special training on handling the guests. I also appreciated that the shuttle service was prompt. We never had to wait very long for a bus to take us home. While the resort had a lot to offer, I probably would not return.

1  Thank Alaina T
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Its our 4th or 5th trip to the wilderness and as always the staff is great, the rooms are clean. there is plenty to do, and the temperature of the water is just right! I love this place! There is so much to do and its so much fun.

Room Tip: choose a room close to the water park that's your favorite as there are many water parks and can...
3  Thank sueT5894ZD
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Starting with the uber-friendly check in associate and continuing with the prompt shuttle service ( which includes boat shuttles to excite our young grandkids! ) and myriad waterparks and activities, our trip to Wilderness will provide lasting memories and anticipation of future visits! Did not encounter even one staff member who wouldn't bend over backwords to help. Clean spacious condo style room fit all 10 of our group in comfort and ridiculous style! Must have been 5 big screen TV's to watch the World Cup Games and all beds were comfortable and mid-range hardness. Waterparks were not overly-crowded like Noah's Ark so it was very easy to keep track on the kids. Indoor activities kept us busy and cooled on a hot sticky day. Best value in the Dells!

Room Tip: Got to get a big condo at the Wilderness On The Lake for big groups!
2  Thank Hugh J
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We took our 2 kids (4.5 & 2 yr old) to the Dells for a 4 night family trip in June 2014. So much to do at our hotel we only left to eat out and pick up some stuff for the room. One nice thing was they don't fill up your fridge with over priced stuff, so you have a whole fridge to keep snacks and food in. We bought breakfast food and just ate in the room, which was just easy!
The kids had a great time at all the waterparks and their was enough stuff to do for the adults too have fun.
We had a suite with 2 beds and the little dividing wall was more of a joke than anything, luckily our kids were so tired that it didn't matter. But no privacy in the room at all, our bathroom door didn't even lock. We only ate dinner at the buffet one night and it was good, nothing special but it was easy which we needed that first night.
We also took the Ducks Tour, it was a nice tour make sure you use the coupons the hotel gives you.

3  Thank familyof3Michigan