“GREAT PLACE TO STAY!”
Review of Wilderness Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Wilderness Resort
Ranked #9 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Omaha, Nebraska
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in a cabin by the 18 hole golf course that they have on this wilderness territory. It was gorgeous. We were able to visit all the watermarks, paint pottery, play miniature golf, drive go karts, play at the arcade, and do laser tag. It all was fun and have nothing to complain about. We will be back to this resort again when we visit the Dells.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My family goes to the Dells every year, and while I haven't stayed in a room at the Wilderness, we have stayed in the cabins and condos. Since we travel in a pretty large group, the cabins and condos definitely give us some privacy that we are looking for.

We can be as loud as we want without worrying about upsetting other guests, and there's plenty of room for the kids and our stuff. You really can't walk to the water parks, but the shuttle service is really nice, and we haven't had to wait more than 5 minutes for the shuttle to arrive.

There's so much to do at the Wilderness, and it gives something for all of us to do. Whether the kids on the trip want to laser tag or the adults want to relax with a drink, the hotel is very nice! I can't remember if we were able to get wifi at the condos, and I know we weren't able to get it at the cabin, so that was kind of annoying.

Other than that, my family has enjoyed our stay at the Wilderness each year, and we look forward to coming back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had a wonderful time at the resort.It was a great experience we will definitely be back.The rooms were nice and clean.The staff was friendly.We definitely enjoyed our stay at the Wilderness Water Resort.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Happppyyyy
Illinois
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have visited every water resort in the Dells....Chula Vista, Kalahari, etc. and none comes even close to the Wilderness. Most importantly, they're not sell outs - meaning they don't sell day passes or let people from other hotels use the water parks. That's huge because it keeps the numbers lower and there's less chance of undesirables hanging about. Everything here is well maintained and when the weather is warm and the outdoor is open, plenty of space for everyone to enjoy. Food is ok, prices are a bit steep but normal for the Dells. The Wilderness is a regular stop for us.

Room Tip: Choose a room NOT on the main level and away from elevators! Lots of foot traffic otherwise. Top flo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen M
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was our first visit, and we will definitely go back. We stayed four days and only left the resort a few times to visit other Dells attractions. With all of the pools and the wild fun pass, there was definitely enough for us to do! I think that they do an excellent job maintaining the property. There are thousands of people through there all of the time, and we only noticed a couple of things on one water play area that weren't working (a couple of water sprayers). The lifeguards were very attentive and I felt safe letting my kids swim. What a fun place!

Room Tip: Stay away from the 2nd floor - there is the most foot traffic there.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tspatte
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My kids and I had a wonderful time! Over 6 watermarks in the hotel to choose from. Never a dull moment. So much to do and friendly staff reasonably priced rooms. So much more to see. I'm hoping to make it a a family tradition each threat to come for a week in the summer.

• Stayed July 2014
Lake Forest, California, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Awesome! All parks were open, we got the lay of the land and were able to do EVERYTHING we wanted to. We stayed 3 nights and it was plenty of time for us to do all of the parks and the Extreme Fun Pass. The personnel was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. We brought food for breakfasts and lunches, we used the small fridge and it worked perfectly - we saved $$ doing this (and ate healthier.)

The Fitness center was open early enough for me to get in a great workout before my family was up and ready for breakfast. I got out and ran around the area 2x and took a nice long walk, the grounds were pretty to look at as well as well maintained. I even saw deer! Very pretty area.

I loved that we didn't have to move the van at all. We parked and did everything in the park, we only needed the shuttle once to go to Monk's for dinner one night, and we realized we could have just walked there.

For those of you that do NOT like to walk and get in extra exercise, I suggest you really figure out where you are going, they have maps you can grab at the front desk that show you where everything is, as well as a program that tells you the hours of operation for each. It made sense to me, the park that opened earlier closed earlier, and same goes for opening and closing later. There are 3 sections that have all of the water parks and events. We found it easy to walk to all of them inside and out. I LOVE that if you are there in the winter you can stay inside the entire time, as long as you read the signs and follow the arrows directing you to where you want to go. Again the staff is super friendly and will help you get to where you want to go too. Especially the staff at the front desks. If you do not like to walk you can always take a shuttle, they will take you from one section to another, just plan on taking longer than to just walk yourself. We are walkers - can you tell? We saw LOTS of people take the shuttles from one section to another, just get a good idea on what color shuttle takes you where. (We only used the shuttle once, so I can't help you here.)

Overall this was one of the best times of our lives. We have been to a Great Wolf Lodge and LOVED it, but we were in WA and it was in the winter. We wanted something different for this trip. I'll certainly do the Wilderness if we go back to the Dell's. And if we are in one of the states that has a GWL, we'd try that again too.

Once again, we loved all of the opportunities without having to leave the hotel here.

I am thinking if I could add one thing, it'd be a healthy dining option. (Not a buffet, something with green veggies - and no fried doesn't count.)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family