“Great Summer Vacation”
Review of Wilderness Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Wilderness Resort
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our first family vacation, and it was a blast. We spent 4 nights and never had one moment where there wasn't something to do. The staff is great, really attentive even with all of the guests they have to look after. The room was quiet, I was worried about this because of how full the resort was, but it was a non-issue. All of the water parks in the resort were clean, fun and had more than enough variety of slides and activities that kept us all busy and happy. I definitely recommend getting the family fun pass, totally worth it, and we appreciated that you could redo one of the activities for free if you really liked it. Great arcades, great food, 3D mini golf is a must do! We were really surprised that there is a trail riding place right around the corner, literally. We will definitely be back next summer!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank becky m
There are newer reviews for Wilderness Resort

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed with our 2 kids (11 & 9) for three days. Between all of the water parks there is plenty to keep everyone busy. The arcade and rope course are also fun activities. We ate at the Thirsty Buffalo for lunch one day and spent over $50 for sandwiches and fries! You don't feel like leaving the resort for food, it's gonna cost you. Overall it's a fun, clean, and friendly place to get away. Lifeguards do a great job as well, we felt very comfortable letting our kids do what they wanted while we sat at a table. Will return.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Dirty public locker rooms and bathrooms, broken shower faucet in my hotel room shower, broken bumper boat, cash only arcade, bad food that is expensive throughout, and waterparks that are way too spread out.

I don't mind exercise but not when I'm dragging two children around with me. God forbid we're floating around the lazy river and someone gets an itch to go on the bumper boats at one of the other waterparks a half mile across the resort. I'd rather go back to the Kalahari where everything in basically in one place.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Christopher K
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family & I enjoyed ourself at this resort. We stayed in the cabin which made it seems like our own home so we had that feel of privacy.Waking up in the morning and being able to view a deer outside my bedroom window was awesome. The water wasn't cold at the waterpark which I seem to like even better. We had a ball playing laser tags and the bumper boats. My vacation time is when I get to really enjoy my family. We enjoyed it and definitely will return to the Wilderness resort.

6  Thank Diamond617
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We just came back from a trip to the Dells. We wanted to show a friend of the family from Spain some good "ole fashion" mid-west fun. We really enjoyed being able to go to all of the different parks on the complex. If one was a little busy we would move on to another. Since the park is only for registered guests there was never a huge line for any of the slides. The staff was great, the layout of the property is convenient and the staff was great. I would highly recommend a visit!

Room Tip: We liked the Wild West Side where was stayed.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in a cabin by the 18 hole golf course that they have on this wilderness territory. It was gorgeous. We were able to visit all the watermarks, paint pottery, play miniature golf, drive go karts, play at the arcade, and do laser tag. It all was fun and have nothing to complain about. We will be back to this resort again when we visit the Dells.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My family goes to the Dells every year, and while I haven't stayed in a room at the Wilderness, we have stayed in the cabins and condos. Since we travel in a pretty large group, the cabins and condos definitely give us some privacy that we are looking for.

We can be as loud as we want without worrying about upsetting other guests, and there's plenty of room for the kids and our stuff. You really can't walk to the water parks, but the shuttle service is really nice, and we haven't had to wait more than 5 minutes for the shuttle to arrive.

There's so much to do at the Wilderness, and it gives something for all of us to do. Whether the kids on the trip want to laser tag or the adults want to relax with a drink, the hotel is very nice! I can't remember if we were able to get wifi at the condos, and I know we weren't able to get it at the cabin, so that was kind of annoying.

Other than that, my family has enjoyed our stay at the Wilderness each year, and we look forward to coming back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family