“family vacation”
Review of Wilderness Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Wilderness Resort
Ranked #9 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was a great resort. Clean and friendly staff. We stayed in Glacier Lodge. There are water parks indoor and outdoor at each part of the resort. You can walk from one part of the resort to the other without going outside if you want. It is quite a walk depending on where you want to go but you don't have to go outside if you don't want to. We really liked this resort because it was a place we could take our families. We had a 5 month old through 15 year old kids and then the adults. There was plenty to do for all at each water park. We visited several of them too. The two teenage kids tried the activities. Go carts, lazer tag-better than Kalahari. The rope course was really cool. It did not look like much but was really cool when we tried it. The laser course was something new we had never tried. The mini golf coursed are similar in side. If you do one the other one is very similar. The outside one is completely different. Zip line staff was very patient and helpfull especially for first timers.

1  Thank JSRRT
Write a ReviewReviews (3,037)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed over to two nights in the two bedroom villas. We fit 4 adults and 3 little one in the space. It had a full kitchen and enough room for all of our stuff, with 3 little ones you bring a lot of stuff and pack and plays are not small. The beds were nice and everything was clean. Only a few issues we found the cups and silverware were good but the pots and pans were beat up a little bit and need to be replaced.
I know people don’t take care of there own stuff sometimes but they really didn’t take care of these pots and pans at all. Also we found the walk to the pool really long with little kids so I would sagest, bring a small stroller to aid you in your walk to the pools, we also found that it was hard to get in to the pool areas with only one upper door and was not wide enough for traffic from two directions as well as a stair way that could not fit traffic from two directions as well. Other then that we loved our trip there with our friends and will be booking another trip really soon.

Room Tip: If being close to an indoor pool the villas are the best as it is a long walk but they have the best...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I traveled with a party of 14 from July 19-22. We stayed for the first time two years ago in a condo and had a mostly pleasant stay. Sadly, this time left little to be desired. Our family has grown in the past few years, so we were traveling with a party of 4 cars, 6 kids (3 under 3), my handicap mother and my sister-in-law who is 8.5 months pregnant. At check-in, we were given condo 207D. We were also told we only get two parking spots and the rest would need to be parked in the adjacent lot. Only the adjacent lot wasn't so adjacent. How are we supposed to decide which two get to park close to our condo? One car has my handicap mother, one car has my very pregnant sister-in-law, the other car has two babies and the last car also had two small children. It seemed a little unreasonable. Also, we looked forward to using the grill which seemed to be quite a long walk from our condo, not across from it like it was during our last stay. My mother went back to the front desk and explained our situation about parking and desire to be somewhat close to a grill and was rudely asked if we had requested a condo close to a grill. Instead of apologizing, suddenly the matter seemed to be our fault. Had we known we could request a specific condo, we would have. Anyway, we were moved to condo 203C which was better. After walking around for a mere 5 minutes, my one-year old who is just beginning to walk, had completely black legs and feet from crawling and walking, as did the rest of us. It sickens me that my baby who is constantly putting his hands in his mouth, is crawling around on such a disgusting floor. When we stayed two years ago, my other child who had also just started walking, had the same problem and I was hoping it was just a one time deal and maybe that condo wasn't as well-cleaned as others. I am sad to see that I am wrong. I did not want to go back to the front desk again because obviously, if two condos are that dirty, why bother switching all the people involved once again, to have nothing resolved? As I understand, these condos are independently owned, so I'm not quite sure there's even anything they can do, but I surely CANNOT be the only person to complain about this. If the carpets aren't cleaned, it scares me to think what else isn't cleaned. Wiping my baby down is pointless when he crawls two minutes later and is covered in filth again. Completely unacceptable to me.

The next day of our stay, new families seemed to check in all around us. There were tons of cars in our lot. I do not understand the purpose of making it seem like the parking situation is enforced, when it clearly isn't. My mother, who uses a handicap sticker, couldn't even park in the designated handicap spot because someone parked there. I watched the young family get out of their car, lock it, and go inside, no handicap sticker hanging from the mirror. Once they finally moved, cars parked all along in our lot stayed for the duration of our stay.

We had a few more small issues, such as the TV in one room not working, the outlets being too big for anything we wanted plugged in, the cooking pans were AWFUL to cook in, etc. We like coming to the Dells because it's a very family oriented place but I am afraid after this stay, we may have to take our business elsewhere. I feel for the price we paid, the standards would have been higher. We didn't pay nearly $1,000 a night for my poor baby to be crawling around with black knees.

It is a great location, there's plenty to do and see in the area but the unsatisfactory condo was a let down.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Kali G
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Me (44 years old), my husband (46 years old), our son and his friend (13) and my in-laws (in their 70s) rented a 3 bedroom condo from 7/5/14 through 7/11/14. Can I just say - WOW! This condo was huge. Was more like a townhome if you ask me. We loved it. Very roomy, CLEAN, quiet, had our own parking lot/spots, and it was right by the hotel and close to everything. I loved jogging around the little "hill" in the middle of them all (where they have Tuesday movie night) and liked how serene it was every morning on my jog around the area. The water parks were clean, everything was very nice, and the people are beyond awesome. I had forgotten some speed boat tickets at home and my sister overnighted them to me at the hotel. I notified the staff and they called me when they showed up, which I thought was really nice. I got into a very fun conversation and strategized with the laser maze guy about how to beat the lasers (I did pretty good too for being an old woman! LOL!) and the lazer tag guy was pretty cool too. He let us play again after about 3/4 of the way in to our game, the game stopped for some reason. He just reset it and said go again! We ALWAYS had towels, soap, shampoo, tp, and kleenex brought to our condo ever day, whether we needed it or not. Got to be a joke with us on about the third day as to where we will find "the bag". I even rented a cabana at Lost World and can I say, that was extremely relaxing. I loved being able to be served poolside and catch some rays and be totally waited on. It was just what I needed!

Room Tip: We had a condo, and I'd say ask for the 199-200 rooms as they are closer to the hotel.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The price was a little hefty but the overall experience made it worth it. I stayed for 2 nights with family and friends which wasn't enough time to visit all of the water parks (without rushing). Free all day water parks' passes are included with your stay. The location is very convenient to stores & restaurants. Shuttle buses are available to and from water parks. This is a great getaway for both couples with/without children.

recommended for several adults so the price is divided more than 2 ways

fyi (my party included: 7 adults, 8 children)

1  Thank atlastjazz
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Rooms and waterparks were clean. Waterparks were great. Three to choose from. Outdoor and indoor parks. Ate at Monks..to the shuttle..very easy to use. Everything is easy to find. Loved the breakfast buffet. Staff was friendly. We had a great time..we will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank kbindiana2
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at Glacier Canyon at the Wilderness Resort. We had a 3 bedroom suite (2 bath and kitchen). The rooms are clean and well updated. They wi-fi is only free for TWO devices and you can not switch devices while you are there. The MANY pools and activities are wonderful. The weather wasn't always great so the indoor parks were perfect. You really don't ever have to leave the complex. Our 2 and 4 year olds had a blast. Lots of small and big kid activities. We will be returning!

3  Thank lcstine