My Family and I enjoyed the scenic and adventurous getaway the week of July 20th. We were fortunate to stay in a villa. Although at first glance the property seems enormous, the resort makes it easy to get around with well designated paths and mobile transport available within 15min or less just by dialing 0 and giving your location. The villa is spacious and provides the basic amenities to help with your stay, including a kitchen, dining area and there's even a washer/dryer. The only issue that I had was keeping the upstairs heat/air regulated in a way that would not effect everyone staying in the rooms downstairs. Also,. "housekeeping" is surface cleaning only. My family did go in with our own cleaning supplies and mopped, swept...and in doing so, it was a noticeable difference in the appearance of the place after we made it more comfortable for ourselves.
Do enjoy the water park(s) on the property. There is something for all ages, including the recent addition of the Margarita swim up bar near the wave pool. Although this is an adults only attraction, the children can enjoy the pool area that is within eyesight of bar. In the middle of the property, there is a sand volleyball area, a running path that is 1/2 mile long 1x around and at the top of the hill, on designated nights, a large movie screen shows family movies.
There are restaurants on the premises but please venture off, just across the street and even less than a block away you can find family friendly eateries, often with live music and other activities to keep the kids busy.
Although the stay at Wilderness is definitely not inexpensive, compared to other resorts in the area, it is worth the money. If you are going with a group of family or friends, it is worth going in together on a villa or condo to get a great experience out of your travels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come play the day away in America's largest waterpark resort! The Wilderness has 4 indoor and 4 outdoor water parks totaling nearly 500,000 square feet (that is over 12 football fields of water fun!) We also have two indoor, 3-D, black light mini golf courses; outdoor mini golf; zip lining; go-karts; laser tag; Wild Rock Championship Golf Club; and award-winning spa services at Sundara Spa. Amazing lodging options include Wilderness themed guest rooms, condos, villas and cabins. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Wilderness Resort Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wi Dells
- Wilderness Resort Wi Dells
- Resort Wilderness Wisconsin