“Plenty of room for our party of 10”
Review of Wilderness Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Wilderness Resort
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We rented one of the Wilderness condos for our vacation in the Dells this year. It was spacious, clean, well-maintained, and offered us all of the amenities we needed. The kids loved having many different water parks to choose from, and there were shuttles/golf carts everywhere offering us rides around the resort. This was great because we could use the kitchen, and not have to eat out for every meal. I would highly recommend this resort for families with children.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We have been staying at the Wilderness about once a year for the last 8 years. While the amenities are ever expanding & lots of fun, we have seen the quality of service begin to drop. Perhaps it simply becomes too difficult to manage such a large complex well. Stayed in 2 of the 3 bedroom condos with other extended family. Overall, nice, roomy accommodations. Parking at our condos was limited to 4 spaces but we had 6 cars... Condo rooms do not get maid service. They pick up garbage & towels left by driveway & leave a bag of clean towels. We had to call 3 times to receive the correct number of fresh towels. Also, they do not provide salt & pepper, scrubbers to wash pans or fresh sink & hand towels. I think they could provide some of these basics, maid service & better shuttle service for the price paid to stay nightly. We rented a cabana one of the days & highly recommend it. However, don't expect overly attentive service. Also, if you stay in late August, expect the outdoor parks food & beverage to "run out" of items. We were told three different times that they don't restock this close to the end of the season. We were welcome to walk into the indoor parks for what we wanted - seriously?! Why don't they keep the outdoor bars & restaurants well supplied & just move that product to the indoor parks at the end of the season? Customers do not come first as the summer season wears down. Lesson - stay earlier in the summer.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Our family of 4 was very comfortable in the room. We had 2 queen beds as well as a couch and a sitting area with a table. The room had a microwave and a refrigerator as well, which was nice to use as well. It was very convenient (location) - our room was on the 1st floor and just a few doors down from the lobby in one direction and a few doors down from the parking area so it was very handy. The water parks were great -- so nice to be able to use them before the room was ready on check-in day as well as the entire day of check-out. We didn't even get to go to all the water parks as there simply wasn't enough time during the stay. So enough for us to come back and visit another time!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We were able to get a 1 1/2 day trip in just before school started. There is so much to do, just on the property alone, that we couldn't decide on what to do. Everything was wonderful. We had a small maintenance problem when we arrived and it was taken care of quickly. Our only serious problem was the Hurricane waterslide. The tube tipped over because it was my Husband and 2 small girls. I think the weight distribution should've been considered or the angle of the slide at the end should be reconfigured. Very dangerous.

1  Thank Jacquie M
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Great family resort. It has everything you need from water parks to activities. We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom condos and it was large enough to comfortably fit 5 and likely a few more. The activities are abundant and we were not able to do everything. We were there for five days. The food in the hotel is terrible so I recommend bringing in your own groceries or going off-site to dine. There is a lot of walking to get to various aspects of the resort, there are shuttle buses but we chose to walk most of the time. We would definitely return and would like to try it during the winter ski season.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Our visit to Wilderness was awesome.There were multiple things to do for our kids ages 6 through 16.Customer service was good.Rooms were clean.Enjoyed going to a different waterpark in the Wilderness everyday.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Runemlikeponies
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My family and I stayed at the Wilderness Resort from Friday 8/15 - Monday 8/18 and all I have to say is.....We LOVED it! This was our first time staying here so I wasn't sure what to expect. I had done a lot of research before booking our trip. I read nothing but good reviews which was the main reason why I selected this hotel. The pictures on the website didn't do it justice. When we walked into our room, I think our jaws hit the floor...lol. We were just so amazed at how beautiful and clean our room was. My kids were so excited and even more so when we walked out onto our balcony. We had such a fantastic view of the outdoor waterpark. I couldn't have asked for a better room and better view. We just absolutely loved everything about it. I liked the variety of the different indoor and outdoor water parks that they had... the game rooms and go karts. They had something for everyone. My only gripe was that I had to ask about 3 times 3 different people if housekeeping could clean our room. Other than that I loved everything about our stay. They now have a swim-up margarita bar that is super cool. We brought my niece with us so she was able to keep an eye on the kids while my husband and I went to grab a drink. So awesome. I could go on and on about how amazing our trip was but I would be here forever so take my word, book a room there and just enjoy every minute you have because it goes by so fast.