Was very disappointed in the room cleanliness, smell, and atmosphere. My teen-age daughter and I made a spur-of-the-moment trip to visit a friend in the Dells. I had stayed at the Wilderness many years ago and was pleased with the surroundings. It was a Friday afternoon and I felt lucky to have gotten a room upon just stopping in. I wish I had gone with my intuition when they told me the price. It was a double queen room equipped for handicapped going at $300 with tax for one night. I didn't need the handicap accommodations but it was the only "LOW" priced room available.
The room was dreary, over-scented with deodorizing spray and the bathroom smelled damp and mildewy. I attributed the smell in the bathroom to the fact that it was completely tiled with two drains to accommodate wheelchairs into the shower. Unfortunately it wasn't very clean - the shower tile walls weren't the best and the floor was dirty and still wet when I came in. I walked around in my flip flops for the entire evening. My daughter and I decided we were not going to take any shower in the morning, just do a quick cleanup in the sink which thank goodness was located outside the bathroom.
After returning from dinner, my daughter wouldn't even use the toilet, she went to the public one at the pool. I decided to ask for another room.
I will thank them for finding us a room next to it (which was considered a double queen suite since it had a couch in it). But the coment from the dexk was they were glad to move me & "there would not charge me more since it was later in the evening". Since the previous room was not up to a $300.00 fee, I didn't appreciate the remark.
I know part of the cost is to have the waterparks and activities, but if they are going to charge such a high rate at least the rooms should measure up to the cost. The beds were hard and there was still an intense deodorant scent even in the next room.
since we stayed in the original lodge, maybe the newer locations are better taken care of an upscale, but for the price I would suggest looking at other locations and their pricing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come play the day away in America's largest waterpark resort! The Wilderness has 4 indoor and 4 outdoor water parks totaling nearly 500,000 square feet (that is over 12 football fields of water fun!) We also have two indoor, 3-D, black light mini golf courses; outdoor mini golf; zip lining; go-karts; laser tag; Wild Rock Championship Golf Club; and award-winning spa services at Sundara Spa. Amazing lodging options include Wilderness themed guest rooms, condos, villas and cabins. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Wilderness Resort Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wi Dells
- Wilderness Resort Wi Dells
- Resort Wilderness Wisconsin