“We love Birchcliff Resort.”
Review of Birchcliff Resort

and 1 more site!
Birchcliff Resort
Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My family and I love this place. We have been coming here for many years. It is a great place, so much to do. It is consistently been the place to go. Every year they have done more work to the place, its fun to see what they have done since we had been there. Nightly campfires, pool, game room, free water park tickets, walking trail to the beach, and overall since of relaxation. I was a little apprehensive this years knowing that Joesph and Dailene wouldn't be there, but Janice was awesome. Very friendly. We will continue to come to Birchliff every year in August.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
JanoBanano, Manager at Birchcliff Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

It's wonderful to have a whole family / group agree on where to stay.
I am thrilled that you return each year !!
My brother and his family made this place feel like home to all that have stayed with us, myself included.
I thank you for the personal note.

There are newer reviews for Birchcliff Resort

Reviewed 21 July 2012

We recently had a family reunion vacation at the Birchcliff and it was perfect. The cabins were within walking distance of eachother so we could easily visit with our family members. There was tons of things to do in town or on the river during the day. We spent the evenings cooking out at the resort, swimming and hanging by the campfire. The owners are very nice and helpful and very accomadating to our needs. We were even able to have card tournaments in their rec room that is on site. There is also a 3/4 hiking trail to a private beach on the river. Just perfect in many ways!!

Room Tip: I liked cabin 39 because it had 1 1/2 baths which was more convenient for 5 people.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cherid37
JanoBanano, Manager at Birchcliff Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Family reunions are us !!!!!!
We do appreciate that your family chose to spend there special time with us, that is quite a compliment. Thank - You , your comments are appreciated.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I do not normally write reviews, but for Brichcliff I had to. Birchcliff is a really great place! I go up there with my fiance Nicole and her parents we try and go to the Dells once or twice a year and we have tried other places, but Birchcliff is the best place we have stayed. Its not a corporate own cabin resort like some others.

Its family owned, Dailene and her husband are very nice and very helpful. I know they were updating cabins and I believe added some more. They have pet friendly cabins, which is really nice as we usually go up with 2 Labs and a Labradoodle. Its hard to find nice places that allow pets.

Its a great quite place you can hike down to the river banks they have bonfires, a pool and there are right outside downtown Dells. As for any negative reviews all I can say is you will never please everyone, no matter what you do. That said though I would not pass up a stay here. You will find yourself coming back every year after year.

We have stayed in both the private duplex cabins and the old-time cabins and every stay was a great time. I wish they had more pet friendly cabins, that's the only reason we weren't able to stay there this last time. We will try and make another trip up there this year though.

Thanks,
Ian

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My husband and I came on our honeymoon. It was a perfect; quiet, clean, private cabin that even included a kitchenette with all the necessary plates, spoons, pans, etc. We had a jacuzzi in our room, and it was great. The nice tucked-away cabin even included things to do in their rec center, plus a beautiful nature walk and free chula vista passes. A great place to stay, We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeannette W
JanoBanano, Manager at Birchcliff Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank - You for choosing to spend your honeymoon at Birchcliff resort.
There is no greater compliment.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Tha area is like heaven , so nice .
Tha cabins are ok , needed to be upgraded ASAP .
Management on the other hand , is terrible .
We rented cabin No 2 ,the first impression was ok up until my kids took of there shoes to be comfortable ... Immediately there feet turned black , the floor is DIRTY .
I start to wipe the whole cabin , in a vacation and cleaning a place I paid almost 900$ for .
To top it all I found a dead cocrotch under tha kitchen sink .
The manager came to ( steam clean it ) and when I angrily expressed my disappointment , she was rude , never heard a sorry at all .
Believe me , the dells is like Vigas for water parks , any place would be much better than the birch cliff .
Never again .
And lady manager , my name is Dima Ali . Just to refresh your memory .

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Diali74
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My wife and kids spent 3 days here. The service was outstanding. It was quiet. The walk to the river was wonderful. The staff was great and helpful. My girls loved their two new kittens. This was the perfect place to see the Dells area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank - You so much for the compliments !! Oh yes, the walk to the river, getting back to nature is a wonderful thing. Baby deer were spotted along the path yesterday. The kittens have sure enjoyed the attention, but growing way too fast. Good to hear of your experience.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

We found them looking for dog friendly sites in Wisconsin Dells. We rented for a week in August with my dogs and kids. We had a great time. Very clean and felt like a community. Everyone was so freindly. The people we did meet were regulars that keep coming back.
Our biggest thing is dog friendly resorts because we do take them with us.

The cabin was dated but it's exactly what we expected, the pool was clean and great in hot weather! The community bonfire at night is great way to meet people. We went one night after 10pm, were real quiet but then people just started coming out, it went from our party of 4 to like 10 people total just talking and cooking smores. There is a really nice walk thru the woods to the nice beach on the river with cliff that people were jumping off. There is so much to do here, trail hikes thru the woods, and just down the street is Witch's Gully. Can't wait to try it this June!

It's really nice to have Chula Vista water park passes. Everything is so expensive elsewhere. I love the dells but this resort gives you the feel of being in the North Woods and just a couple miles north of downtown hussle and bussle. We brought our bikes to ride thru the woods, which we will do more of that next time.

We already did everything downtown, next time is more for being with our dogs and outdoors. Great way to keep cost down to bbq outside. Air conditioners work great also.

The owners, Dailene and her husband really do make you feel like your family or really close friends. We will be returning every year. This will be our second time coming in June 2012.

I would highly recommend this resort for dog owners and family reunions. The newer cabins look great and more updated. But we are dog owners and they go with us everywhere on vacations.

You have to try this resort and you'll never want to stay in the loud, cramped and expensive hotels again.

Room Tip: look at all the cabins on their website. really nice resort just north of downtown right on the riv...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family