“"Dog and People Friendly"”
Review of Birchcliff Resort

and 1 more site!
Birchcliff Resort
Ranked #25 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Moline, Illinois
“"Dog and People Friendly"”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We just got back yesterday from our long weekend at the Birchcliff resort. We stayed in one of their small cabins. It was about the size of a hotel room but it was just the right fit for my husband and I. It had a small fridge, microwave, heat and air and a very clean and nice full bathroom. We had our own grill and picnic table. We also brought are two dogs on the trip. I really hate to leave my dogs and home so I searched for a place that we could bring our dogs that wasn't dirty! This place was really nice it was rustic but "VERY CLEAN!" We only had to pay an extra $20.00 a night for two dogs. The owners of the resort were very nice and they were so helpful when it came to suggestions for where to eat or what to do. They also gave us coupons for attractions. It was very quiet and only a about a 5-10 minute drive to downtown dells shopping. We also got free waterpark tickets for Chula Vista which is about 5 minutes away. Next time we might get the bigger cabin with the kitchen! Overall we will be back to this really great place. Oh yeah they even have a goat that my husband loved to feed! If you want a great place to bring you whole family including your dogs this is the place. It was very reasonable and they people were so nice!!!

Room Tip: The small old time cabins are just fine for two people!!
2 Thank mindylu06
JanoBanano, Manager at Birchcliff Resort, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Hi - Looks like you stayed in cabin #19. This cabin was reopened this year, glad you found it comfortable to stay in.
In fact, as of this year, we have opened all of our old time cabins as pet friendly. I too am a huge animal lover, and would never have concidered leaving my dog behind.
It's great that you had such a good experience here at Birchcliff and in the Dells.
Thank You again for choosing to stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 August 2012

My family had a reunion at Birchcliff Resort. It was such a peaceful property. The cabins were close enough to each other to visit with other families but far enough apart to have your own space. There are lots of fun activities on the property like a pool, horseshoes, tennis court, basketball, volleyball net, swings and stuff for kids. I LOVED that dogs were welcome in some of the cabins. There was a nice sense of community at this place and the owner is beyond amazing. She is so friendly and helpful. The dining hall worked out well for meals (our group was very large - about 30 people). The campfires every night were one of the highlights of the weekend. This property is so close to the many attractions of the Dells but far enough away to feel like you are really in nature and at peace. Some people went into town to do activities and others stayed at the restort the whole time. We've already booked the next reunion at Birchcliff. It got a thumbs up from everyone. There is no restaurant at the restort but there are several a very short drive away.

Room Tip: Some cabins are more modern and newer while others are quite old and more rustic. Be sure to specify...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
JanoBanano, Manager at Birchcliff Resort, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Yes - Birchcliff is a great place for family and large groups !
Thrilled to hear that you have experienced what we know and want everyone whom stays with us to feel. Being connected, feeling at home...
We are keeping busy this off season -
Can't wait to hear what you think of our efforts, and to see you again next year.
IL
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My family and I love this place. We have been coming here for many years. It is a great place, so much to do. It is consistently been the place to go. Every year they have done more work to the place, its fun to see what they have done since we had been there. Nightly campfires, pool, game room, free water park tickets, walking trail to the beach, and overall since of relaxation. I was a little apprehensive this years knowing that Joesph and Dailene wouldn't be there, but Janice was awesome. Very friendly. We will continue to come to Birchliff every year in August.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
It's wonderful to have a whole family / group agree on where to stay.
I am thrilled that you return each year !!
My brother and his family made this place feel like home to all that have stayed with us, myself included.
I thank you for the personal note.
louisville, oh
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We recently had a family reunion vacation at the Birchcliff and it was perfect. The cabins were within walking distance of eachother so we could easily visit with our family members. There was tons of things to do in town or on the river during the day. We spent the evenings cooking out at the resort, swimming and hanging by the campfire. The owners are very nice and helpful and very accomadating to our needs. We were even able to have card tournaments in their rec room that is on site. There is also a 3/4 hiking trail to a private beach on the river. Just perfect in many ways!!

Room Tip: I liked cabin 39 because it had 1 1/2 baths which was more convenient for 5 people.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cherid37
JanoBanano, Manager at Birchcliff Resort, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Family reunions are us !!!!!!
We do appreciate that your family chose to spend there special time with us, that is quite a compliment. Thank - You , your comments are appreciated.
West Allis, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I do not normally write reviews, but for Brichcliff I had to. Birchcliff is a really great place! I go up there with my fiance Nicole and her parents we try and go to the Dells once or twice a year and we have tried other places, but Birchcliff is the best place we have stayed. Its not a corporate own cabin resort like some others.

Its family owned, Dailene and her husband are very nice and very helpful. I know they were updating cabins and I believe added some more. They have pet friendly cabins, which is really nice as we usually go up with 2 Labs and a Labradoodle. Its hard to find nice places that allow pets.

Its a great quite place you can hike down to the river banks they have bonfires, a pool and there are right outside downtown Dells. As for any negative reviews all I can say is you will never please everyone, no matter what you do. That said though I would not pass up a stay here. You will find yourself coming back every year after year.

We have stayed in both the private duplex cabins and the old-time cabins and every stay was a great time. I wish they had more pet friendly cabins, that's the only reason we weren't able to stay there this last time. We will try and make another trip up there this year though.

Thanks,
Ian

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Glendive, Montana
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My husband and I came on our honeymoon. It was a perfect; quiet, clean, private cabin that even included a kitchenette with all the necessary plates, spoons, pans, etc. We had a jacuzzi in our room, and it was great. The nice tucked-away cabin even included things to do in their rec center, plus a beautiful nature walk and free chula vista passes. A great place to stay, We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeannette W
JanoBanano, Manager at Birchcliff Resort, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Thank - You for choosing to spend your honeymoon at Birchcliff resort.
There is no greater compliment.
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Tha area is like heaven , so nice .
Tha cabins are ok , needed to be upgraded ASAP .
Management on the other hand , is terrible .
We rented cabin No 2 ,the first impression was ok up until my kids took of there shoes to be comfortable ... Immediately there feet turned black , the floor is DIRTY .
I start to wipe the whole cabin , in a vacation and cleaning a place I paid almost 900$ for .
To top it all I found a dead cocrotch under tha kitchen sink .
The manager came to ( steam clean it ) and when I angrily expressed my disappointment , she was rude , never heard a sorry at all .
Believe me , the dells is like Vigas for water parks , any place would be much better than the birch cliff .
Never again .
And lady manager , my name is Dima Ali . Just to refresh your memory .

• Stayed July 2012