“Good job”

“Good job”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

They were very friendly
Pictures were great
Funny staff lots of options
But they are expensive and will try to get you on the hook for more packages
Will go here again

2 Thank dantopper

Evansville, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Even on a busy day they did a good job!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We visited here on my birthday to take an old timey photo, which is one of my birthday traditions! I've visited the other 2 in town, and this one is better than Capone's and equal to Vintage Photos for customer service.
We chose the Steampunk theme which was fun, and waited a little while for some direction on what to do once we were done. They had a huge group right before us (20+ people), so there was a lot of busy employees. No problem, I can understand that.
Once they did get to us we were dressed quickly and only waited a few minutes for another group in front of us. They had plenty of accessories and props for us, and our picture turned out well and was a lot of fun.
I would recommend this place over Capone's (which earned a 2 star rating) and about the same as Vintage Photos. Prices are always a bit high for a single photo, but it's just once a year so I'm cool with forking over $25.

1 Thank shoemanshoe
Jordan, Minnesota
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great Pictures, Customer Service Lacking”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This was our family's first visit to Old Abe's. My husband & I remember these as children, but no recent visits. I think the pictures are very funny, nice, and delightfully kitschy. There is so much room for improvement. In an era of smartphone photo apps--this really should be customer service focused and/or experience based. It felt very rushed, I felt like we were an inconvenience even though we were the only people there that evening. Don't get me wrong--they were polite, but only to the necessity of the job in my opinion. The prices are a tad steep for the photo paper, which looks just fine, but is on the lower end of quality for what you'd expect at that price. I think that they may be new or training employees, because nobody seemed to know which props to use or backdrops. I basically just pointed to things, asked & felt bossy. For the price I didn't want to miss out on what was available. Very happy with the outcome! Smile guys, it's not that bad of a job :)

Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Wonderful customer service”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This place had the best prices,various themes,fast and WONDERFUL staff!! We are so coming back again soon. The kids loved picking out their outfits and props. The portraits turned out so well we bought additional to give to family for something different besides school photo's. SO coming back again!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Gena W
Fulton, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good price, good staff”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Enjoyed our trip to Old Abe's. There are AT LEAST 3 different of these picture studios in downtown Dells, and we chose this based on the online pricing. We were able to select a setting that wasn't just a back drop (while that is primarily what is used, I know). We were given a selection of outfits, even one for the baby (we chose a gangster theme). The staff was patient, and even went out of their way to clean my son's face (he had his face painted earlier). They took a large variety of photo's and they turned out much better then I had anticipated. While we did visit on probably a less busy sort of day, I was happy with our experience here.

Visited April 2014