“Ambers Hideaway is an AMAZING place to stay in the Dells!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ambers Hideaway

Ambers Hideaway
Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Ambers Hideaway is an AMAZING place to stay in the Dells!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We happened upon Ambers Hideaway by accident, we were looking for the Holiday Inn Express for a quick nights stay on our way to MN. We drove by once, then twice (we are directionless!) and then the third time......everytime we had passed it looked inviting so we stopped. After checking in and looking at some brochures we extended our stay to two nights and had a little zip-lining fun and a relaxing bike ride through the country. The staff were amazing and super friendly, the owner never passed by without stopping to chat and offer advice on the area, she saw we were hauling a Harley and directed us to a beautiful country ride. The rooms were VERY CLEAN and updated. A lot of work has gone into making Ambers an experience, not just a place to sleep. We will definitely stay again when in the Dells! Brian & Tara Kelly

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Taraski2014
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank You Brian & Tara for your review about your stay with us this past week. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our facility and were able to enjoy our breath taking view of the country side in the Dells and surrounding areas. My motto is provide a place and treat people the way I would want it if I went somewhere. It was very nice to visit with you guys and get to know you. It was a pleasure having you stay and I look forward to your return visit with us in the near future.
Sincerely, Tanya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Slinger, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Where else can you stay in a clean & comfortable motel? Ambers Hideaway staff is very friendly. Rooms are clean & have a nice view of the property. We also enjoyed a campfire with the owners. Then got to go back to our comfy bed & enjoy the air conditioning. Room is a great size too. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Sherra B
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank You Sherra for your comments about your stay with us this past weekend. It is so nice to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and that our facility meet your high expectations of cleanliness. I take pride in what I have built here and only give my guest the best service just how I would expect to be treated and serviced when I get a chance to go someplace.
I am happy we got to visit by the campfire and I always enjoy seeing a return guest. Enjoy your summer and I am looking forward to your return visit.
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We found that Amber's Hideaway offers many deals with the theme parks in the Wisconsin Dells (besides how they always offer Chula Vista passes) along with inexpensive, clean rooms. The room had plenty of room; 2 queen size beds, a small table to sit around, a big HD tv, bathroom with big sink and good shower/tub and bench outside the room with ashtray. The location is great since it is between most of the big theme parks (mile between most) and it is quiet - downtown area a few blocks away with many restaurants, shops and amusement. They have a pool and hottub at Amber's Hideaway by the reception desk and the owner is very friendly and helpful. We were also very pleased with the service since we found a deal for Kalahari passes + the room for a great price and was able to order the room and arrive in the same afternoon with no hassle. The free breakfast offered in the morning hours was awesome :) Will certainly stay at Amber's Hideaway any other time we stay in the Wisconsin Dells!

Room Tip: When we visited there were many vacant rooms and had our pick, so we chose to be by the ice machine...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Shane F
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you Shane for your honest comments about your stay with us recently. We really do appreciate all reviews we receive and are so happy to hear that we could accommodate all your needs. We always try to make the process of check in as informant and hassle free as possible. We feel it all starts with the phone call and the greeting smile when you walk in the door. I am glad to hear that you took advantage to enjoy our mini continental we offer to help you get a little jump start to your day. I look very forward to your return visit with us in the near future. Have an enjoyable summer season.
detroit, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here for one night in April on our way to Minnesota. It was a good choice with a good price. My daughter forgot her ring and the hotel mailed it to our home right away. The only negative I have to say are the ashtrays! Every unit had an ashtray outside every single door. It was sad. Should just have them in the office and let people know to request one.

1 Thank cheymorningsun
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us the other night and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We often have people that forget personal belongings behind and we have no problem sending anything out to them.
I am sorry to hear that the ashtrays outside every room was a negative sight for you. We try very hard to try to keep the non smokers and smokers happy, but it never seem to be that easy. We have benches that have an area for the ashtray to sit in and with having a proper area for smokers to dispose of their butts you will see less garbage and debris on the sidewalks and driveways. We hope that people will respectful of others. Daily staff walks around and dumps the ashtrays and wipes them so they don't have an awful smell.
When traveling through again or for a vacation we hope that you choose to stay here again with us.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We Were not originally going to go to the Dells until Monday, April 7, but since we have a long drive from Michigan with kids, we decided to come a day early and unwind before enjoying our resort. I knew just the place--Amber's! It has been 2 years since we stayed, but we had such a great experience the first time, and this time did not disappoint either. Everything was great--we were able to check in earlier than 4, got our waterpark passes and played for a few hours. Our Spring Break was later than everyone here so there were few people on our particular day. Our room was fresh,super clean,spacious and extremely quiet. My only minor complaint would be the outside lights. They shine right in the large window and I think it would be great to have a blackout curtain there. We love the fact that we can rely on Amber's Hideaway as a retreat from the big resorts anytime we come here to visit! Can't wait to try out the condo for an extended stay since we love having our own kitchen.

Room Tip: Every time we have been here we have a first floor room. That works great for kids.
1 Thank LuvaNurse443
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you very much for taking time to leave feed back about your stay with us this past week. I always want every guest to have the best possible service/experience if it is their 1st time or their 10th time. We pride ourselves and work very hard on the cleanliness of our rooms and bathroom, in fact our entire property. Thank you about your comment on the blinds and we will take into consideration. I chose to go with blinds because they trap less dust for allergens and easy to clean. We do turn the large globes off at 10 pm and have just the small wall lights on for safety reasons at night. I know that your family will enjoy our condo and in summer all the activities we offer for the kids to do. Looking forward to your future visit.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I came to Ambers Hideaway for a weekend during my son's spring break. In fact, I am writing this review while I am still here. We rented the condo for 3 days, and my girlfriend and her 2 kids also rented the room next door. I picked this place because of the great reviews. I booked the rooms on the phone about a month ago. I was told that we would have a private porch with grill. I understand it's still winter, but the lady on the phone mentioned it without my inquiry. Disappointed when we got hotdogs and were told "Oh we haven't even gotten any of those out of storage." Of course after we boiled them, and the kids ate, they called to say that they would bring one out for us.
After getting from the movies, my girlfriend's key card wouldn't work, so we called the office. The manager was quick to remind me first of all that "it's after hours" without even knowing why I called. It was 10 pm. She said she would go to the office "when I get out of bed and put a robe on!"
We waited for a few minutes then got a call saying she left the key in the door of the after hours office, which we were unaware of since our rooms were the first doors you get to and we had never been referred to or told about this other office. She seemed like we were a complete bother and like we didn't just spend almost a thousand bucks to stay here. I have stayed in many hotels and even the lowest star rated places have not had any problems with lock outs or deactivated keys.
The condo was really nice, but I am glad my two older kids couldn't make it since one of the two hide a beds was broken and when we told them, they just said they would fix it when we leave.
If you don't bother staff during off hours or expect the condo that supposed to sleep six to sleep no more than four,you will be fine.
DISAPPOINTED!

Room Tip: Only one condo on the property,but it is very large and would easily accommodate 6 people if you pla...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank twininthecities70
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for your review about your stay this past weekend. We take all comments into consideration and do our best to make sure our guest have the best possible experience at Ambers Hideaway. Sorry to hear that you were disappointed. I checked back on when the reservation was entered into the computer and it was Feb 21st. We get a lot of calls about our condo and all the amenities that it has to offer. We do tell everyone that in summer we do have a private grill and a private deck for the condo. It could of been miscommunication that we at the desk were thinking the call was about summer. Here in the Dells we finally have had a few days above freezing and the snow on the deck has finally melted. Our ground is still soft and muddy and none of our patio furniture or charcoal grills have been pulled out of storage yet. I did unwrap a charcoal grill that was mounted over by our campfire pit area and swept up the debris from winter so you could use it over there for your hotdogs. As soon as the weather breaks we work very hard to get our place ready with all the tables, chairs and grills we provide for our guest. I apologize that we did not have this ready for you yet.
I received your call at 10:22 pm on Sat night and I was asked how long before I could make you a new key. I remember saying about 1 1/2 minutes, as long as it takes me to get out of bed and put my robe on and walk to the office in the basement of my house and make you a new key. I waited a few minutes and then called you back to let you know where the key is. I am sorry for the confusion but posted on the main office door (next to your condo door) is a sign stating if you need anything to call my cell number or go to house office after hours. We also have it posted on our newsletter that we place in every room where to go when the main office is closed. I am always reachable 24/7 however to help keep our rooms cost at an affordable rate for our guests I do not have a person on duty overnight. I always try my best to help out anytime of the day even in the middle of the night.
As to the pull out sofa sleeper when it was brought to my attention and you implied it was ok you used the other one I asked if you wanted me to have maintenance take a look at it or did you want me not to bother you and look at it after you checked out. From our conversation I was under the understanding after check out was fine. The sleeper sofa has been since fixed and all it was was the springs that hold the material to the frame were stretched and missing a few. I am sorry that we did not know about this prior to your arrival but it was never brought to my attention before this. We work hard to make sure any maintenance issues get addressed right away so that our guest don't have to be inconvenienced.
Myself and front desk staff want to give our guests a wonderful experience while staying with us and we always like to greet you with a smile. Have yourself a wonderful 2014 summer!
Tanya
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed here from 3/25/14 to 3/29/14 and I can say it was great, the staff was really nice and our rooms were really clean, I also enjoyed the breakfast they gave. They also gave out free Chula Vista water passes which was great, we only got to go there once since we went to other places but we did enjoy that they came with the hotel, we will be back in the summer to enjoy the Noah's Ark Waterpasses that they give

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Karenpanda
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for leaving feed back about your stay with us last week. I am pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable and our rooms were held to your expectations. Around out property a smile is very contagious. We look forward to seeing you this summer and enjoying our free Noah Ark passes and Chula passes.