“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Owatonna, Minnesota
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We just got back today from our two night stay at the hotel and we really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were spacious and the grounds and pool area were really nice. We liked the fact that there were grills outside so we could cook our food and save some money by not going out to eat. We also really liked that the hotel included tickets to Noah's Ark and Chula Vista for the entire length of our stay (including check out day). Also, besides the pool there was plenty to do outside on the hotel grounds. They had a bean bag game set up, ping pong, volleyball, and ladder ball.

The cons (which were very minor) were that the wifi was unstable and the bathroom door (room 140) was hard to shut and lock. Neither con was that big of a deal for us.

We would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank Salmandy
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your review about staying with us recently. I am happy to hear that you really enjoyed your self here. Glad that you were able to partake in the games that we offer to our guest. We do have the 6 grills on property for people to use and believe me they are a hot commodity. I believe the day you were here we were having work done to our wifi service so I apologize for the interruption to service but we added more wireless points due to the fact of all the wireless devices people have now from 4 years ago when we did the instal. If I would of known about the bathroom door issue I could of fixed it during your stay. I appreciate little quirks like that because I don't sleep in every one of these rooms and when housekeeping goes into clean the rooms they don't close and lock the doors while cleaning. Thank you so I can now go and address it. We look forward to a return visit from you in the near future.
Sincerely, Tanya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Bismarck, North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I chose this hotel for a few reasons... because it said Free waterpark passes to Chula Vista and Noah's Ark. Free wifi, and it had a hot tub and pool. When I checked in they gave us a wifi password. We could not connect or detect it. When we asked at the desk they were aware of the problem and said it does not reach all rooms. She said that in the evenings many people gather outside the lobby to connect. She also said that they are going to upgrade the system. Had I known we would not have wifi In our room I would have picked another place. My husband needed to do work while on vacation and this problem made it impossible to work from our room, and he needed to be on work calls so sitting outside the lobby was a bad place to be. If you want wifi stay somewhere else. The room was large, and pretty clean. At 3 am a group of 4 men chose to sit outside our room at a table drinking and being loud. The office closed at 10 so there was nobody to report too. They men were not speaking English, and made it impossible for me to sleep. The best part of the stay is the waterpark passes.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Misti B
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your review about your stay with us. We take every review and its content into consideration. We were notified earlier that day or night before about the wifi service issue. I contacted our service provider and had a scheduled appointment for the next business day for them to come out and take care of the problem. As soon as issues are brought to my attention I do address them. If being a weekend I am also at the mercy of the companies business hours. Since then the service has been addressed and we are adding more wireless points due to the fact that an average family of 4 has at least 6 different wireless devices that each require an IP address.
As to the noise complaint issue I an available 24/7, as noted in every guest room is a welcome to Ambers Hideaway newsletter place on the table just as you enter the door. In that letter it clearly explains the after office hour policy to just dial 0 from the room phone. Once I am called I immediately take care of the issue. I am sorry that you did not call me to give me the chance to quiet the people down so you could have a peaceful rest of nights sleep.
We will keep offering the Free water park passes to our guest as long as the water parks offer it to us. May you come and try us again if you are in the Dells in the future. Have a wonderful rest of your summer.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Front desk customer service was good. However the lady they called the manager or the owner was terrible. No customer service skills what so ever. I would rather spend money at a more professional and family friendly business. Such as Great Wolt Lodge....

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Erencem Z
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
I am sorry to hear that you felt that my customer service skills were far from perfect. As I am always wearing many different hats during the day and always walking around property I do make a special effort to always greet guest and ask how they are doing. We at the front desk always make an effort to greet every guest with a smile or acknowledge you if we are booking a phone reservation or doing a check in with other guests. It sounds as if there were no other issues with your stay and hope you were able to enjoy the passes and all the fun activities we do have to offer on property. Have your self a safe and enjoyable rest of the season. Sincerely, Tanya
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I could not have more great things to say about Amber's Hideaway. It was exactly what my group (4 adults, kid-free for the weekend) was looking for. It is close enough to the hustle bustle of entertainment and shopping to walk there or take a 2 minute drive and far enough away that it's quiet, green and relaxing. Our room on the 2nd floor was large, clean and updated. I was suprised at the size of the mini-fridge, usually hotel mini's are tiny and barely fit a few drinks but this one was very generous.

The grounds are impeccable - Tanya does a great job of constant maintaining, cleaning and beautifying the grounds. Lots of trees, more (if not the only) green grass than any motel we saw in the Dells, gorgeous flowers, plenty of seating and spots to relax. The balconies stretch along the entire motel with larger gathering areas here and there to congregate, eat, drink, play games. One of the greatest things was the abundance of seating! There were so many options and places to just hang out and relax. There are several games on the grounds (volleyball, ping-pong), a beautiful swing set and an amazing pool...options all around.

The pool area is fantastic with more chaise lounges than you could dream of. The water was a perfect temperature and it was quiet and calm even on a very busy Dells Sunday. If you want some R&R with the convenince of downtown a stone's throw away - look no further. Even though we came with adults only this time, we will be back with our kids next year. Amber's has something for everyone and I would definitely recommend it to anyone (couples, families, friends). We are looking forward to the next trip!

Room Tip: 2nd floor has great views and great balcony areas
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you Rachel for taking the time to write us a review about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you were so satisfied and that the little things caught your attention. We are always working hard to keep the property looking beautiful for our guests. When my husband and I purchased this property and did a remodel we though what would we like if we went on vacation and we always have tried our hardest to achieve this. I look forward to your return visit with us in the near future. Have yourself a wonderful rest of the summer.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Wonderful place to stay. Absolutely loved the room, very spacious & very clean. My new favorite place to stay in the Dells. Pool is nice. Grounds are so pretty with all the flowers and the gazebo. And the owner and staff were very nice and friendly. We were actually staying at another motel our first two nights but that place was far from pleasant. We were lucky there was a room available here for our last night. Finally had a great nights sleep!! Can't wait to come back! Hopefully there will be a vacancy because everyone will want to stay hear once they hear about how nice it is!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay with us. We love to hear that we are your new favorite place to stay when visiting the Dells :-) I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your self and was able to take in the beauty of the grounds. We look forward to seeing you on your return visit with us in the near future so you can have another great nights sleep.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We usually stay in a water park hotel but opted for something different so we could take the kids to Noah's Ark. It worked out really well. We arrived with bikes, and they were kind enough to allow us to leave the bikes in their own garage so we didn't have to worry about them. The Noah's Ark passes are good your entire stay, from the time of arrival through the day of departure. The value of that is the equivalent of an extra night at the hotel. The rooms are very spacious, which makes a huge difference when traveling with kids. There was plenty of room for all of the bags and gear. The balconies are awesome -- no musty towels inside! The location is very good, and it was overall a friendly, low-key and cost-effective experience. We're not fans of the "enhanced" breakfasts offered at the chain hotels (with waffle machines and overcooked eggs), so we were okay running down to Starbucks to bring breakfast back. The grocery store is also very close, so picking up some milk and cereal is an option. Would certainly stay again if we opt for a non-water park hotel and recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed August 2014
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you very much for the comments about your stay with us. I am glad that we could accommodate you with the bikes. We always try hard to accommodate any special request we receive. I am happy that you opted to try something different. You will find that Ambers Hideaway is not that cookie cutter type of place. My staff and I work very hard at making your stay with us a memorable one. We look forward to seeing you for a return visit in the future.
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We usually stay at a hotel chain, but decided to try something different. If you're up for something different, then this is a great place. They really were accommodating as we had to bring a boat and unhook to go into the strip. They take pride in their venue which definitely shows from the plants to neatness of the property. They go out of their way with grills, campfire, flowers, and seating to make it a welcoming place. The rooms are clean and VERY spacious. The property is immaculate. It is not the most modern decor, but who's in the room long enough to worry about it. We wish that the continental breakfast was a little more and a little longer in duration. The first night we had a large party next to us that played cards late into the night outside on the table outside of our room. The next morning the small children were outside with their moms to keep them from waking the people in the rooms. However, they were noisy. The next night and morning they were better. So you must appreciate the uniqueness of the motel and overlook somethings, but my 13 year old daughter surprising asked if we could go back to this motel because it was so neat. We agreed.

Rooms
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for your honest review about your stay with us recently last week. I am glad to hear that you tried something different and we took you by surprise. We work very hard as a team to make sure everything is immaculate and just the way it should be every day. Our rooms were all remodeled with new furniture in Jan 2011 and the decor I chose was more neutral and not so floral to keep it appealing for every guest. If there are every any noise complaints after 10 pm all a guest has to do is dial 0 from the room phone and I immediately will take care of the situation. I am happy to hear that your daughter enjoyed her stay and is wanting to come back. We look forward to your return visit with us.