“Great cabin for a family vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Island Pointe Resort
Milwaukee, WI
“Great cabin for a family vacation”
Reviewed 9 July 2011

So I was looking for a cabin to accommodate myself, my husband, my mother in law and three kids ages 4 years old, 2.5 years old and a 2.5 month old. I also wanted something close to the lake, so I could watch the kids play from my cabin. I also wanted a place that is quiet so I can rest up, and found the Island Pointe resort on the internet.

I rented cabin no 9 and have to say I love it. My first impression of the cabin itself was that it was a very small 2 bedroom cabin. But everything else made up for it. I loved the pine trees around the cabin, giving it lots of shade and wonderful smell of a pine woods. There was a little bridge to our cabin, and the kids immediately called it a troll bridge. The cabin was located close to the lake, and I enjoyed my cup of coffee in the morning and watching the kids walking to the beach themselves and playing in the sand.

Overall - we had a wonderful vacation and are sad to leave tomorrow.. We'll definately be back. The price for the cabin is a little high, but we rested very well, and in my mind it was worth every penny. For those who spend money on that cabin - don't expect luxury because you won't find it. It's a simple cabin with wonderful surroundings. And it's nice that the pine trees kept most of the mosquitos away too!!!!

The only reason why I gave it 4 instead of 5 star rating is the fact that the cabin was small. My mother in law slept in one room with one of my kids. My husband slept in the other room with my other kid, and I slept on the pull out couch in the living room so I could attend to my 2.5 month old baby at night.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Goshia

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed 12 June 2011

In May, we had our family reunion at Island Pointe Resort. We rented 2 three bedroom Villas to accommodate 14 people, and it was perfect. We all had a great time and "chilled out" under the beautiful pines of this wonderful resort. On Friday, we went for a short walk to a local rustic restaurant for a Friday Night Fish Fry. Great atmosphere and good food. The rest of the time we grilled at the resort and took advantage of the nicely stocked kitchens of the Villas. The rooms were clean and full of really cool "up north" decorations. This place is very quiet but minutes to the Dells Attractions and Water Parks. Twice our family traveled to the Casino, only 14 minutes away. We played cards, bags, enjoyed the lake sunsets, eat well, toasted to ourselves, and created a lot of great memories. We all highly recommend this resort. We loved this place - and we will be back next year.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family