“Fantastic Experience!!!”

Wisconsin Dells KOA
Lisle, Illinois, United States
“Fantastic Experience!!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We just got back from our first time at this campground at it was a wonderful time!!
From check in the staff was courtious, friendly, and prompt. We stayed in a Camping Kabin (K2H). It was everything we could have expected. The cabin itself was immaculately clean and the airconditioning was already running when we arrived. I liked our particular Kabin because it was set off at the end of the drive and was nice and quiet. Will definately request it again! The bathroom was a perfect distance away (not too close, not too far.) It was kept very clean by staff. We also that it was very convenient that the they had a public propane grill for quick cooking up on the deck of the bathroom/showers. As, stated before it was very nice how the bathrooms and showers are set up individually so you have your own room to take care of business.
Another fantastic thing about this campground was the atmosphere. I don't know if we just got lucky, but this was the most family oriented campground we have ever been to. Everyone was quiet by 10. No rowdy groups of people!!
On a side note, I could definately see how the train would be bothersome to people tenting it or those with very sensitive ears. It comes by very frequently!! It was no problem for us with the airconditioning on.
Can't wait until next year, best campground I have ever been to!

Room Tip: K2H camping cabin is great location!!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I am by no means a camper. In fact, I hate camping. But, my two boys, ages 5 and 8 love it, so I go along every year. This past week we stayed at the KOA in the Wisconsin Dells and even I liked it. The bathrooms were updated, clean, and private! That's right- private. There are individual rooms with a door and 4 walls with a toilet, sink, and hand dryer. I have never experienced this at a campground. The showers were private, too. The pool and pool area were immaculate. The grounds were spotless and the staff came to your site every day to pick up your garbage- no hunting around for dumpsters! We had a gorgeous tent site that backed up to the forest which was simply beautiful. I've heard others complain about the train. We heard it, but it never bothered us, even while sleeping in our tent. If you're looking for a great place to camp while visiting the Dells, I HIGHLY recommend the KOA.

4 Thank carmar75
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed this past weekend based on a very good rate package that was being offered for the Beach Party weekend. We, along with another family, booked about a month or so out. We reserved a 1 room Kamping Kabin for us and our 3 small children. When I arrived, they actually tried to charge us (they pulled the same things with our friends) the regular rates claiming they didn't show we booked the special rate...but very quickly gave us our special rate. They then escorted us to our site which was nice. Good thing because this cute little cabin was literally on a cliff!! The picnic table bench was inches away from about a 50 foot drop off. Great if you do not have children...but I have 3 under 5! After I almost had a heart attack I said I really cannot stay up here!! Afraid for the death of my kids, I was told I'd have to go back down to the office to see if there was another option. He didn't seem to want to radio the office (not sure why, I think he didn't want to deal with the issue) and and after making a little stink saying I'll just call them on my cell phone the guy did radio the office. The lady very quickly, said there were no more 1 room Kabins (yes that's how they spell it) and switched us into an open 2 room cabin nowhere near a cliff for no additional charge. Phew, relief and I was very grateful for the upgrade! Now I just had to breath and unload at the very simple but nice cabin. My 4 y/o thought it was a joke there wasn't a toilet...but I knew that and they were fairly close.

They had some "events" but they seemed to be a bit lacking for a "beach party" weekend. That may be because it is a small campground and there aren't a ton of kids which for the most part was fine with us since we came with friends.

They are redoing the play area which is needed but the campground was generally quiet, well kept and I didn't notice any real issues. The pool was very clean, in fact the bathrooms were very nice, new and clean too. The store prices were very reasonable for a camp store. The train tracks weren't too annoying but did rumble the cabin a bit. My 3 year old had fun watching them. All in all, I think we would stay again. I'd probably be looking for better than the rack rates but I don't go to the dells during high season either.

For value, customer service and experience I give it a very good rating.

chicago
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband and I have camped at this KOA for 27 yrs and it only gets better. We started alone in a tent, pop up and camper with 3 kids to our motor home with dogs. This KOA is close (walking distance) to attractions,clean, family and pet friendly.

Room Tip: Camping cabins are available.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank elle76
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband and I haven’t been camping a whole lot but this campsite was great! The owners were incredibly sweet and very helpful. The KOA has a lot of amenities available for their guests. Laundry open 24 hours was a plus. The bathrooms were individual bathrooms on one side of the building then the others side had individual showers. Everything was incredibly clean. Some other sites had reviewers complaining about the train. Which we did hear in our tent up the hill but it didn’t bother us. A train came by probably ever 4 hours. We are not incredibly light sleepers, so neither of us woke up once from the train. Would recommend!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank briannasipe
Mitchell, South Dakota
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This was my first time in a campground and it won't be my last after my stay at the KOA in Wisconsin Dells. We had everything we needed. It had a pool. It was very convenient to downtown and all of the sights. The bathroom and shower facilities were clean. I was worried about the noise and commotion with that many people so close but the camp sites are set up so that you are far enough apart to feel comfortable. We had a great time and will visit again if we're in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This campground exceeded my expectations. We stayed here for 3 nights, the staff was super friendly, the bathrooms and showers were the best I have seen of any campground I have ever stayed at. The grounds were beautiful and very clean. They escorted us to our site and helped us back in. When I purchased wood, they delivered it to the site for us and they even took away our trash during the day. There is the railroad tracks across the street, but it's not all that bad, they don't sound their horn as they go by. I would recommend this campground to anyone. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends