“Very noisy”

Bluegreen Odyssey Dells
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I always knew that timeshares were a rip off so take heed. Do your best not to stay on the 3rd floor where the walk way is to the water park. People are constantly running and being loud thru the hallways and 1 of the bedrooms is right against the wall to the walkway. Very poor sleeping, this room also has the open top of the walls so you hear any noise in the LR and kitchen too. For a 2 br unit, it seemed very small. Also not very happy that they have an outside light on a deck that shines right into the LR and you can't shut it off. Since I was sleeping on the pull out couch I did not appreciate that. I called down to see why I couldn't shut the light off and they said it was on a timer and it would shut off around 11:30pm. Never happened any of the nights we were there. That was another problem, everytime you asked the front desk a question you would get a different answer. Not very impressed with any of it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Luv2FishAlways
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Odyssey Dells, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Hello Luv2FishAlways,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Bluegreen Odyssey Dells. We regret to learn where your experience fell short. Your feedback is highly valuable and will help ensure a pleasant stay for all guests. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com so we can further discuss. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I want to start off by saying that this place does not suck. It was clean, close to the amusement/water park and quiet. However, there is no continental breakfast, and the wifi signal is very, very weak.

When I booked this 3 night stay, I was under the impression that my family would be staying in a cabin. When I explained my family to the booking agent, she recommended that we either stay in a townhome (come to find out that THIS is a cabin) or a condo. I explained that privacy was important and she advised that we get a condo, which we quickly realized upon arrival, is no more than a hotel room with a fridge, sink and two burner cook-top stove.
Things got a little more interesting when we checked into our room and noticed that the walls around the second bedroom didn't connect to the ceiling; they were about two feet shorter, as to let in natural light or something. Since my wife and I were traveling with our 2 year old, it would have been nice to be able to put her to bed and not have to worry about waking her up with conversation or TV/ambient light.
Overall, the place was nice, but the fact that there was no restaurant on the property was a pretty big disappointment. This resort is pretty large and to not offer a stable Internet connection or decent meal leaves quite a bit of room for improvement.
I had planned on working in the evenings and was completely unable to connect to the Internet the entire weekend. This was disappointing, but it did free up time to spend with my wife. It seems like it's been forever since we weren't distracted by our phones or work and we were able to relax, drink some beers (Wisconsin Dells Brewing Co-AWESOME!) and talk for hours.

Room Tip: Room 1015 is ground level and is about 20 feet from a large cliff face. At first I was a little disa...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Rick420AllDay
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Odyssey Dells, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Hello Rick420AllDay,

Thank you reviewing your stay at Bluegreen Odyssey Dells. We are pleased that you enjoyed the location and found the resort clean. Our goal is to share happiness with our guests and provide outstanding experiences and accommodations. We regret to learn we did not fully meet your expectations. We kindly ask that you contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com to share any additional details. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Basically all reviews are accurate. The best part is the resort is onsite of the water and theme park. It's best to either bring your own food and drinks or shop when you get here. Wal-Mart is a 10 min drive away. The food here is seriously over priced and not good or healthy. I figure if you are going to eat unhealthy it should at least taste good.The con is lack of wireless service. Bring a hotspot if you need to use your internet. the couch lets out to an uncomfortable bed. So bring a air mattress if you are planning to count the couch as sleeping space. Other than that, keep in mind this place is family friendly so expect to see and hear kids.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Cdutrieuille
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean and comfortable room. We were on the 4th floor and it was very quiet. Indoor water park is very nice for all ages. Especially had fun at the go-kart tracks that were just opening for the season. Four passes are included with each room. There is a large outdoor water park that is open in season. Great location with skiing and golfing nearby. A large outlet mall is nearby. Touristy shops and national chain stores are all in the area. If you run out of things to do it's because you are not looking hard enough.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve J
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Pros:
The TripAdvisor star rating is about right. The Front Desk and concierge were very friendly. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable. 4 park passes are included with the room. Considering the other hotel options in the Dells, I believe the Odyssey has to be one of the best and we would definitely stay again.

Cons: Some of the the following are very nit-picky and would not prevent us from returning.
The TV in the master bed room was level with the bed which made it uncomfortable to watch. The appliances were worn but they worked. 2nd bedroom walls do not go to the ceiling. So, it is private from vision but not sound. Most places we stay at with 2 bedrooms have at least two bathrooms. This one only had one toilet. The plates were kept in the highest cupboard. Not sure why we needed to put on the park passes on right away. Mine was on too tight. They were hot and we didn’t use them anyway.

Info: Two indoor parks were included with the room. One was an indoor swimming area. I have seen bigger and smaller. We didn’t play in the water this time. But, I have played in this water park before and have no complaints. The other indoor park would have kept my kids entertained for a few hours. It had a fun family roller coaster, go carts, and bumper cars. The laser tag, rock climbing wall, and arcade were extra. I believe the outdoor waterpark is also included with the room. But, it was out of season while we stayed.

Do your research on timeshares before going to any timeshare meeting. I do own timeshares (not Bluegreen). If I could do anything over again, I would have been to put the money from the expected maintenance and loan payments in a savings account and used it to pay for a vacation anywhere I wanted. You don’t know what you don’t know until you are “stuck” with it. Look at how many advertisements there are for people that want to get out from under timeshares. If it were easy to get rid of a timeshare, would there be so many advertisements? If you bought a house or a car, wouldn’t you shop around and consider the resale value? Why not do the same for a timeshare? Every timeshare that I am aware of has annual maintenance fees. Bluegreen also seems to have an additional annual admin type fee. If you “buy” a week and you are paying over $500* a year in maintenance fees, are you really saving anything? If you spend $10,000* on one week and 51 other people purchase a week for the same amount, is the entire unit really worth $520,000*? Granted, you are also paying for online and customer service. With that said, my personal experience is that most Bluegreen resorts are at least a 3 star quality. Although the reps used subtle sales tactics with me, Bluegreen reps have always been friendly and respectful. (*Note the numbers listed above are not actuals, they were watered down for simple calculations.)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Mary T
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

My family was gifted a time share stay from a family friend. We are on our 3rd night on the trip & I am convinced that there is a bowling alley on the 2nd floor of this place. Every night till almost 2am there is slammed coming from above, we have complained to the front desk every night & have been told there is nothing they can do about it. Was sort of shocked by their unwillingness to help, especially after the repetitive requests for us to go on a tour of the Christmas Mtn time share tour. The staff seems very willing to help you spend you $$ but could care less about the comfort of your stay.

Our room was clean so no complaints there but the beds are about as stiff as a board, same goes for the chipped pleather couches. If you want to spend your vacation with a sore back & listeneing to everything that goes on in the room above you, you've found the right place! If I could give a lower rating, I would.

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank korbelme
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Great family resort. We went in early April. The water park was nice for our son to play. Rides were all nice. Very clean condos. Great service. Also a great location for other touristic features of the area. Would love to go back someday but maybe in the summer so we can enjoy the outdoor water park.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family