“Surprisingly Conducive for Business Traveller” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #33 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Rochester, New York
“Surprisingly Conducive for Business Traveller”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Truth be told, I was "walked" to the Atlantis when my original hotel overbooked my reservation, so I wasn't in the best mood when I got there, and I was in town for business so I was thinking "Oh No, a waterpark!"

OK, first of all, the young lady who checked me in was upbeat and professional, the room had everything a contemporary hotel room has (single cup coffee maker, decent wifi, check/check) and the place was surprisingly accommodating to a business person like me- the room was quiet (which I did not expect), breakfast was quick and easy, and they gave me express check out.
Since I walked in with such preconceptions, I felt compelled to offer them a good word. Clean room, solid desk crew, modern accommodations, and somehow this waterpark hotel kept kids from running outside my room. What more could I ask for?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Well how about that? Childrens waterpark worked for the business traveler too?! Love it. Thank you for your comments. Awesome testimonial. Hope to see you for your next business trip or family vacation! Safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We just got home from our 2 day stay at Atlantis! We checked into the hotel after a very long day on the road. (highway tire blowout!) The gentleman at the front desk was absolutely fabulous....we were checked in in minutes and I got to flop down into my very comfortable king sized bed. The room was clean and had plenty of room for the 4 of us. Later in the evening we headed to the pool...both of my boys (1 and 9) had a blast. My 9 year old discovered the arcade and had a great time winning lots of tickets and collecting lots of prizes. In the morning we headed up for breakfast... it was perfect for us....waffles and milk for the guys...toast and juice for mom. ( the attendant was very polite and helpful when I couldn't find straws). When we checked out the next day my son made me promise to come back to Atlantis next year....I am positive that's a promise I can keep.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the kind comments. It is appreciated. We strive to please. Take care and we hope to see you in the near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Nice 2 room suite. Very big. The room needs new Carpet. The shower needs to be updated too. Nice free Breakfast. The waffles were very good. The bad thing was there was no juice to drink only milk. Front desk needs new employees. I was Waiting to check in and they took people that came in after me And checked them in before me. It took 20 minutes To check in.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Ang915
Thank you for your comments. I will review the room and meanwhile give me a call. I appreciate the time you took and the comments. Thank you.
Chicago Heights, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I purchased 2 nights in the Neptune Suites from Groupon and was able to finally use them this past weekend. I must say that first of all, I dont leave reviews- EVER. I felt disappointed enough in this hotel and overall purchase that I feel the need to leave a review so this doesnt happen to anyone else.
Things that were good:
-Check-in was smooth and the lady was very plesant
-Rooms were clean
-Location on the main strip is great
-Good for small children

Things that were not good:
-We came back to our room at 2:30 in the afternoon from leaving at 7:45 a.m. with our door OPEN. The cleaning lady never closed our room. HORROR. We have no idea how long it was left open.
- When I tried to call the front desk, the phone didnt work. The cord was falling apart.
- Keys became uncoded
-This being said, had to make a couple LONG trips down to the front desk
-Front desk clerk got the manager quickly when I told her the room was left open BUT the manager did nothing much other than ask if I wanted a late check-out. That's IT. Why the heck would I want to stay longer than needed? The manager was pretty calm about this considering the circumstances. If I was able to, I would have left that day. Completely unacceptable.
-The free breakfast was another fiasco. The juice machine didn't work, the guy who was making the waffles smelled soooo bad like BO my husband almost gagged. Breakfast also was in the indoor pool area which was hot and steamy, Not very pleasant. We wound up going out for breakfast (spending more $ than anticipated)
-The indoor pool had slides and things for kids however the slides and steps, etc had a lot of MOLD, yes mold, on it. We wouldnt even let our 2 year old in the water. We wound up going to a nearby waterpark dropping another $100 just to get in and park and another $25 on food/drinks. (Another unanticipated expense)
- One remote for 2 TV's
-Outdated rooms. Clean, but outdated.

Overall I would not recommend this place unless you dont care about moldy pools/slides, terrible security and an uncaring hotel manager. This experience basically has proven to me that you just dont get great service from discounted packages (Groupon). I will stick to the one place in the Dells that I can count on for great service, cleanliness, and a great time. No more coupons for me. Be aware of what you're buying- there is often a reason why things are discounted.... The cost of this stay here was the same at regular price at the place I can count on....

Room Tip: Tip: I wouldnt stay here again.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Marie T
Well it started out very good and ended not so good. Please call so we can discuss. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Pontiac, il
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We went on a two night 'Sister's Vacation' without the kids. We didn't want to spend a fortune at one of the nicer water park hotels because Water parks were not our intentions for this trip. At $100 a night, this place isn't too bad. Basically what you'd expect for a lower class hotel. We stayed in a double queen room. It was tidy, but the carpet was a bit gross feeling, to the point we felt the need to wear our flip flops when walking around. I spilled some clear soda on the carpet and used a towel to dry it up. One would assume the towel would become wet with clear liquid, but instead it was dark brown. This creeped me out a bit. Fine for two adults, but I wouldn't bring my young children here to crawl around in the room. The grout in the bathroom was pretty dingy looking. On the bright side, the beds were very comfortable and the pillows were nice. The front desk girl was very friendly when we checked in. Not a bad place if you want to save a few bucks, but if you're looking for a nice room, this isn't it. The 'indoor waterpark' was pretty cheesy. I think very young kids would enjoy it. If your kids have been to the other water parks in the area this will be quite the down grade. Seemed clean though and I didn't notice an over whelming chlorine smell.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor, facing the 'Army Ducks.' It was a nice view of the main roa...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time out to write a review. You nailed it we are geared to smaller children. Our hotel staff works hard and I believe it shows in our property. Hope to see you again in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Breakfast is fair. Mostly just have waffles and canned fruit...yuck. Rooms need a good scrubbing and update. Okay location. Air conditioning works good. Towels are small and worn out.limited parking. they did allow us to cancel a night as our trip got cut short by a day.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Average is average. I would have been more excited had you been. Sorry to hear your feedback wasn't better. I do not know this though if customers let me know. I will look into it all.
Thank you and in the future remember we are only 96 rooms and have a ton of additional parking
on the side of the building. Thank you for your time and comments.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We made a spur of the moment decision to visit the Wisconsin Dells. After booking my reservation, I called the hotel to let them know we would be a late arrival. After driving for three hours we were looking forward to a quick check-in and a great night sleep. We walked into the lobby shortly after 1:00 am to find a sign saying the front desk clerk is currently assisting a guest. Okay, that's understandable. An hour later, the clerk finally arrived. Now in between this time I tried calling the local hotel number as well as the 1800 number. No answer. Having to wait an hour that late at night to check in put a damper into our get-away. All the other desk clerks were wonderful! The gal with the blonde hair was very nice!

I liked that our room had a balcony. The breakfast was okay. It would have been nice to have some scrambled eggs or fresh fruit, but for free, you couldn't beat the waffles. The hotel gave us passes to Chula Vista which was nice!! We didn't swim in the indoor waterpark at the hotel, but did use the outdoor pool, which was nice.

I would give the Atlantis another try in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor as you can hear the people walking in rooms upstairs. Also, arrive before 11p...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank violinmaster
Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate the feedback on security and will address that issue. The kind blonde lady I am guessing is Tina. She has been here for years. We appreciate her attention to detail. Also love her great attitude! Thank you for taking time to review us. It is always appreciated.