“Fine for business”

Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #38 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The 8pm desk staff was great, wifi was solid and the housekeeping was very good. I didnt eat the breakfast. I never know what to expect from family oriented water park type hotels, but I asked to be placed in a quiet room and got one.

• Stayed: September 2013
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We appreciate our customers. We know there are many choices in the Dells. For the most part we have satisfied over 17000 customers this past year.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We enjoyed or weekend stay at Atlantis we had a Double Queen but only need one bed so the front desk offer a free upgrade to a King Whirlpool since it was only 2 of us. The staff was wonderful, pleasant and accommodating. The Breakfast in the morning featured a great waffle bar that was perfect to start the day as we had quite the day planned. Did not use the Waterpark but they looked very refreshing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Love the positive review. Thank you for taking the time. Call me in the future and we will see if we cannot uprgade you for your kind comments. Again love the positive vibes. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I thought I was buying a great deal but was terribly mistaken as soon as we got to the hotel. Our room was filthy dirty, carpets weren't even cleaned, bed sheets weren't even put on properly and worst of all they have BED BUGS. I would never every stay in this hotel and would never recommend it to anyone else. Just disgusting

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Samuel313
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Please call our hotel so we may discuss this matter. We do not have bed bugs. Thank you and we appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I saw a Groupon for this hotel and decided to give it another look on TripAdvisor. I have seen this hotel each year for several years and never stayed because of the poor reviews and poor upkeep. I noticed yet another list of disappointing reviews and was shocked by the response of the manger's reply to one of the guest. I placed a call and decided to offer some constructive insight and depending on that might give them a try. That was a mistake! Jayme B.(General Manager) was sarcastic and rude and did not want to here anything about why I have not stayed all these years. She definitely took a defensive approach pertaining to her uncaring reply to one of the guest. They don't need Groupon to gain recognition, I have recognized them for years, they need to clean the place up and while she is at it clean up her poor attitude. Groupon may send some customers your way Jayme, but they won't return if you don't change. They will just continue down the list adding to your ever mounting past customer complaints, complaining about the same issues. If the person on the phone don't care how they treat you, they won't care about whether or not your stay is pleasant. There are much nicer places in the dells and round about that are priced well and treat you well.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jewell R

Good day traveler. We would invite you to try us out before reaching any conclusions. We enjoy our relationships with customers and are sorry if any ill will was felt. None was intended. It is always our intention to make our guests happy. That is why I personally respond to all emails. Thank you for taking the time and we hope to see you in the future. Safe travels.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We had planned to stay at the Atlantis for a week. We had taken advantage of an online deal and felt for what appeared to be a refurbished, holiday inn type room, we would be getting a great price and still be able to enjoy other waterparks. We were fooled! When I called to book the room I specifically asked for a room with a flat screen TV. I was told they all had them. The first room we were given had an old TV. It also had hair in the fridge, a sticky/dirty table, and cigarettes on the balcony (no-smoking room) We were then given a new room. This room did have a flat screen, but it is about the size of my computer monitor. It also had cigarettes and crumbs on the balcony. The toilet seat was broke, so you got to sit on the rim of the toilet, gross! We brought food for lunches to save on money. The fridge was broke and when we came home that night all of our food was bad. When I called to tell the staff, they offered to change it at 10 pm but I asked for them to wait since we already had our kids in bed. I did have them bring up a stack of towels. Good thing I did, because I went through the entire stack in the morning to find a towel that didn't have a hair or stain. There was also leftover soap in the shower from the people before us. This is not even mentioning the general disrepair of the room; i.e. tiles that need to be grouted, bathroom fan that didn't work, door to outside of building doesn't lock with key card, etc. I woke up my family, called around to nearby hotels and we moved instantly. I didn't let my family eat the breakfast because if that's how they clean their rooms, I was nervous about the cleanliness of the food service. Luckily, we were able to get a refund. I would echo what I read about the bill on another review. It was very confusing, along with the refund. We felt we were not being charged or refunded properly. I did have to call back because they didn't refund us the entire amount as promised, the first time. I would NEVER, EVER, let my friends or family stay here. Nevertheless, we stayed at the hotel with the wolf and had an excellent trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Yukonsally

Sorry you had a bad experience. When we stumble we like to make it right. Please call and let me rectify the situation. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

It's a great place to stay in. Perfect location, near Noah's Park, Mt. Olympus, several restaurants, the Indian Outpost and a 5 minute drive to the lost Canyon. It was so easy to get and out since we were always going somewhere. It's better to say in this area than downtown Dells where traffic can be challenging. Big room, great hot tub!

The service was fast when we requested towels and toilet paper.

Breakfast isn't so great since it's mostly carbs but since it's free, I guess it's okay. I wish they would offer some hard boiled eggs so that there would be some protein. We see a lot of kids and adults who enjoy the indoor and outdoor pools.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

We like that talk. Thank you for the kind comments. You mentioned some of our favorite places in Wisconsin Dells. Glad you liked the room and we are listening to our guests and are working on more protein items. We recently added multi grain bagels with peanut butter.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

After reading the terrible reviews this place had before we left, I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to feel, or my boyfriend about staying here. We were actually pretty happy with our stay though. We had the king bedroom with the Jacuzzi and balcony and we both had nothing to complain about. We didn't go to Chula Vista or check out their pool area, but it's so close to everything on the strip we just walked to Noah's Ark and spent the day there. We went out for breakfast and dinner, so I can't complain about the breakfast either. Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the water for our shower and Jacuzzi was warm. Check in and out were simpler. We'd definitely go back there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenny N

Happy with Stay says it all. Thank you for the kind comments. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future. We sell 17000 + rooms a year for a reason if we may say so ourselves. We are blushing your comments make our hard work worthwhile.