“Our home away from home”

Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Wisconsin
“Our home away from home”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The wife and I stayed at the Atlantis about a week ago, on a Thursday evening. We had stayed at the hotel in years past, on different occasions. Other stays included my wife's grandmother, her parents, along with my parents. In all honesty, life had begun to take its toll so to speak, we were both stressed with everyday pressures of living, and we both decided we needed to get away, even if our budget would only allow us a one night stay. So.. we took the plunge.

We stayed in a King Whirlpool suite. Although the room didn't have a full-kitchen, the wife and I didn't mind because we had plans to eat up at the Bar & Grill, located on 4th floor, in the Pool area. It was nice to eat on-site by the pool. We ordered a Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza, which was absolutely fantastic! I also enjoyed a mixed drink entitled "Coco-Loco" of which reminded me of a Pina Colada. The drink was very good, and with each sip, I felt transported in a dream, to a tropical environment!

Inside the mid-sized waterpark was a full size lap pool for swimming on 4th floor. A kids pool section with waterslides was additionally located in the pool area. There was also a game room, where you could win prizes. Noah's Ark (America's Largest Waterpark) and Chula Vista were both included, but we chose to stay in, and enjoy our time together on-site at the hotel.

We enjoyed the outdoor hot tub, which was located underneath the volcano waterfall outside, to the right side of the outdoor pool. The water temperature was nice and hot, and the jets were relaxing to the muscles after a long day of work.

My wife and I had been to the hotel before, but what brought us back, was mainly the attributes which help the hotel stand out in essence. First attribute is the location. Atlantis is walking distance to alot of area attractions such as: Dells Army Ducks, Big Chief Go-Karts, Mt. Olympus, to name a few. Second attribute was the Personal touch. Being remembered. Although there are always other hotels to stay at, Atlantis just seems to be a nice, family oriented atmosphere. Although it had been over a year from our last stay, we were remembered when we checked in. There was a lady at the front desk with long brown hair who checked us in. I didn't expect our names to be remembered, and no one should really expect that. However, I knew that our presence was remembered. With that said, being that the wife and I were on a tight enough budget as it was, we wanted to place our hard earned dollars and cents towards a stay that was affordable, as well as an establishment where we would be validated, and remembered :)

When you're living paycheck to paycheck, (as alot of us do in this rough economic crisis we're in) it's important to be very choosy and selective, as to where you're going to place your dollars and cents. The wife and I like the size of the hotel, and feel it's a nice inbetween size. Not too big, and not too small. Our room was very nice, and my wife enjoyed the hand painted mermaid wall-sculpture in the room. Seeing my wife happy, made me happy, so we both were happy :) We'll be sure to stop by the Atlantis again sometime when we feel the need to escape reality, and the pressures of everyday life :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
There is a saying. Happy wife...Happy life!!! Thank you for choosing us. We appreciate the kind words and glad to be of service. Safe travels our friend.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stay at the Atlantis on average of once a month when I come to Wisconsin to see my young daughters. It may not be the newest or sleekest property in the Dells, but I'm always made to feel welcome. The staff is very friendly and there is plenty to do. The rooms are being updated with large HD TVs and new furnishings. It's a solid, friendly place to stay. My only complaint has been that the main pool is kept pretty cold. I would recommend the Atlantis to anyone with younger kids who want a nice, affordable place to stay in the Dells. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the fourth floor, it gives you direct access to the main pool area.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank robsteck1
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
You are one of our favorite guests. I am so glad you took the time to write that review. Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated!!!!!!
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed at the atlantis for a while and it was amazing.The beds were very comfortable,i slept like a baby, the room was very clean.In the morning i went to the complimentary breakfast by the pool and it was delicious:waffles, cornflakes,toast,fruits,etc.Overall my stay at the atlantis was great and i will be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KayAnn F
Thank you for the kind review. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay! Glad to have had you as a guest. Your kind words will be passed around to our hard working help.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel it is much appreciated.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Room service did not attend our room and the hotel made no effort to clean the room. They gave the excuse that housekeeping is only there at a certain time. However, they had ample time to clean our room. Also, the let out couch's mattress was as thin as the sheet! I could feel the springs through it! I asked for another mattress and was told the hotel was booked to capacity and they did not have another one. EXCUSES EXCUSES for their poor service. The place needs to be updated too.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevator/ice machine. There is all night traffic.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Timothy L
I am sorry that housekeeping missed your room. Sometimes do not rent signs are left in the door. We hope to have come and stay again in the future. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Definitely not what we expected based upon pictures and hotel website. The main pro to staying there was that you got free passes to Chula Vista and Noah's Ark. Both those places were a blast for our family. As far as Atlantis goes it was very dirty. Our carpet in our room was so sticky we didn't want to take our shoes off. The bathroom fan and lock were broken. The bathroom was not clean when we arrived. The beds are very uncomfortable! The indoor pool area was not clean. There was a lot of scum and rust on the inside play area. There was mold on the ceiling above the outdoor hot tub. The slides were small enough for my 2 and 4 year old to go on independently. The help at the front desk was rude and not welcoming at all. I asked if we needed different wrist bands for Noah's Ark and the lady at the desk rudely said no twice. We got there, unloaded our kiddos and were all excited to go in when we were told we had the wrong wrist bands. I won't be staying at Atlantis again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sorry that we didnt meet your expectations. Our hotel is full of hardworking people. If there is a issue either try to make it right or move you to another room. We hope you give us a try in the future. Please contact management in the future so we can help you with any concerns. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. They are always appreciated.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My friends and I stayed for one night at the atlantis hotel and when we went to check in we were greeted by lovely front desk personnel who explained and clarified all our concerns. They directed us to our room which was easy to find.
In addition to this, we got passes to 2 water parks. When we entered the room the design on the bed was lovely the blankets were used to make a lovely bow design and the towel was used to make a shell my friends and I were blown away when we say this also the lighting in the room was exquisite we could choose how bright we wanted the light to be.
My favorite part about our room was the whirlpool, it was very relaxing. We had everything to our comfort. In addition to this i must say that the beds were very comfortable. We had dinner by the pool, which had a wide variety of mixed drinks and different food items delicious I must say. In the morning we went for our complementary breakfast, this was tasty and was just enough to get us full.
Overall the experience was wonderful , the location was just right it is between many places of interest. We all had fun and will be going back soon and very soon and I must say when we sat and compared prices with other hotels in the dells this was by far the best rates for the type of accommodation we were looking for .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kemesha
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you and safe travels in the future. You are our favorite kind of customer....A happy one.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review it is appreciated.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at the Atlantis hotel for 2 nights. It was relaxing the beds were comfortable. The room was clean and well organized. The environment was quiet. The waffle breakfast is ok. I love the waterpark. I had fun!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you. We thought you would like it. We have alot of value this summer. Love the fact you love our waterpark. Thank you for choosing us and thank you for the kind review.