Rewind a bit - Ten years ago, we went to Wisconsin Dells and stayed at the Polynesian and it was a bad experience. It was dirty and bad customer service. (I'll skip the details, but it was bad enough to be quite memorable for us, even 10 years later) Fast forward to the present. We needed a room for 1 night - just someplace to stay while we experienced some traditional Wisconsin Dells activities (the Ducks, etc) - not their water park. Rooms were pretty much sold out at The Dells so we ended up at Polynesian. The room, with tax, was $185 - so we expected it to be decent and we hoped it had changed in 10 years. First, it was so dirty. We had to call the front desk to say that our room had not been serviced, including an extremely dirty toilet with dark, black rings. I've never even seen a toilet this bad, even in a public bathroom in a gas station or beach. They said to come down to the front desk and they'd give us a new room. We were literally the furthest possible room from the front desk. When we got down there, the unpleasant woman at the front desk told us to go back to the room and they'd send up a cleaning crew. Two kids and all of our luggage, back to the furthest room in the building! They sent up 2 male youths. One replenished our towels, etc and informed us that our bed had indeed been services, it's just that the morning crew leaves "everything wrinkled," he explained. The other employee worked on our bathroom...and worked and worked. Twenty minutes later, on the toilet alone, it was finally clean! So...how long had it been since they cleaned it, and what other surfaces were ignored?? They did not inform us at the front desk that TV service was out-of-order in EVERY SINGLE ROOM. Wi-fi is ONLY available in the lobby - ever. What kind of modern hotel does that?? So, in a dirty room, no wi-fi, and no TV. What a vacation! (we had no intention of using the water park at this hotel) Employees were unprofessional, unorganized and disrespectful. (ESPECIALLY at the front desk, including a young woman who seemed to be the manager.) I guess since rooms get booked up at The Dells, that they think they don't have to do much - people will book there anyway. But that shouldn't decrease their work ethic or pride in their property. Incidentally, the next night, we went to the Kalahari for our first visit ever. WOW -what a difference!! It was like night and day compared to the Polynesian. We'll NEVER go back to the Polynesian - they do not deserve our business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Polynesian offers a variety of room styles to choose from - King rooms, Queen Rooms, Two Bedroom Suites, & Luxury Suites - one is sure to accommodate your family's stay in Wisconsin Dells. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The resort is undergoing improvements during 2015 and select areas will be restricted due to these improvements. We make every effort to offer alternatives but will occasionally be unable to do so. Thank you for your understanding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Polynesian Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Polynesian Resort Wisconsin Dells