We just returned from Wisconsin Dells, stayed at the Polynesian Resort from July 1-5th...had a great time and the property is awesome! In looking over the other reviews, some were negative and there was nothing really negative about it at all...staff was very pleasant and helpful...we got checked in quickly, was given our bracelets to wear for the day (everyday is a different color)...that was nice, kind of like a security thing.
The resort is quite huge and by the time we left, I still couldnt find my way around but that is just something that goes along w/ "bigger hotels"...we loved the luxury of everything it offered. There was 7 of us that went (5 were the kids)...we booked adjoining rooms-2nd floor-poolside-which was very very nice! We got to sit out on the deck and watch the kids go swimming. The best part of it was how they wake you up w/music (outdoor waterpark area) at 9am everyday and play it until 9pm (which was when the pool closed). They have areas around for children young and old, alot for everyone!
The waterpark inside was just as fun as the outdoor waterpark. The inside waterpark closed at 10pm...there is also another separate pool by the front desk which closed at 11:30pm, so needless to say, all of us swam until then. You could just spend a "day" at the Polynesian and still have fun! We did enjoy alot of the other attractions at the Dells, but the kids wanted to always come "back to the hotel" to go swimming! So if that doesnt tell you something, I dont know what will.
I have done alot of checking into the other resorts also and will definitely come back to the Polynesian Resort next year, it is close to everything (stores, gas stations, resturants,etc.) and Mt Olympus is only a mile away. The Polynesian Isle is right next door which those travelers are also welcomed into the Resort property for full use of the waterparks.
Once again, I would rate everything high for this hotel....we booked 6months in advance and got the room and price we wanted accordingly to when we went (over a holiday).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Polynesian offers a variety of room styles to choose from - King rooms, Queen Rooms, Two Bedroom Suites, & Luxury Suites - one is sure to accommodate your family's stay in Wisconsin Dells. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The resort is undergoing improvements during 2015 and select areas will be restricted due to these improvements. We make every effort to offer alternatives but will occasionally be unable to do so. Thank you for your understanding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Polynesian Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Polynesian Resort Wisconsin Dells