“Terrible security staff”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #6 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 28 November 2013

9 and 10 year old boys saw couples having sex in hot tub at noon. Told staff and security reviewed cameras, they called us and told us nothing was seen. Boys could not have lied about description. We Brought them up to tell security personally again and one security guard said it did not happen, when asked to speak to manager they said yes they did see this on tape. Hours went by before the hotel told the truth, make our boys feel worse about it because they were made to feel they were liars from the hotel, kids would not go back in pool rest of trip. Waste of money, we were comped cabana which in no way covered lost expenses that we had to spend on arcade since pool was out of question for them. [ cabana was split between 5 adults so we each got less than $30 back] traveling with 4 kids Of my own I spent a ton in arcade. A fun vacation turned into a sex talk with a 9 and 10 year old boys who have no business learning the details of what they saw. I understand that Kalahari can't control what the guests do, these people should have been kicked out and arrested. Our boys should not have been told they lied by security that did not want to fess up to the truth. We spend thousands in the summers renting the entertainment villas, next trip will be to Wilderness. My 5 and 8 year old were very upset at limited pool time and we could not explain to them why their brothers did not want to swim any longer.

7  Thank patierob
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to connect with us and I am sorry to hear about your experience. I have spoke with our Security team and our General Manager on this instance. While I do apologize you felt as though we did not appropriately react to this occurrence, please make no mistake that we did take this situation very seriously. After acquiring statements from your boys as well as much review of all of our security cameras, our results proved to be inconclusive without an accurate understanding of the complete instance. With this in mind, please note that we still attempted to find find the suspects and remove them from premises as we would obviously not condone this behavior. However, as you stated we were unable to find these individuals to remove them. Please know that I sincerely apologize for this experience you and your family had. I also appreciate you bringing your side of the scenario of how we handled this event forward so that we can reevaluate our procedures to ensure that we are appropriately addressing this. Thank you for the info. Take care!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,942)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Place was great but for an aggressive bellman who did not want to part with a luggage cart unless we let him help us with bags. I simply wanted to use a cart and did not need any feedback about impinging upon the ability to make a living. I work hard as well and did not tell him how to spend his money. Simply put, he was rude to me and my family.

2  Thank Tannerific
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

I'm glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your visit with the exception of the bellman. I would love to look further into this for you. If you have any other information pertaining to this experience, please feel free to email me directly. I would very much love the opportunity to learn more about this. Thank you for sharing! Looking forward to hearing from you soon and looking forward to seeing you again! Take care!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Rooms are clean. Staff super friendly and helpful. Improvement to the indoor waterpark are great - especially the indoor/outdoor hot tub at night. The new additions to the indoor theme park are amazing as well. My family had a great time on a cold November weekend!

Room Tip: Request the Sands
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

I'm glad you got to escape from the chilly midwest weather for a bit of fun with us! Thank you so much for taking a moment to share you thoughts and your experience. Furthermore, we love the feedback on our additions. I will be sure to share you excitement with our team. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon in the future! Take care and thank you!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We went to the Dells for a family weekend. The hotel was very nice,clean and well appointed. The beds were comfortable. Even though there was a comic convention taking place it was quiet in the hallways. The only issue we had was with a server in the Damons Restaurant. She was was not very customer service oriented. Joanie at the concierge desk was very helpful. My grandson wanted a hotdog but the rest of us wanted real food. Joanie called the restaurant asked to speak with the manager and asked if they could get him a hot dog. They got him one, and the rest of had food as well. The food was good the service was not. The waterpark was fun and my grandchildren had a blast,they couldnt wipe the smiles from their faces. We also went to the indoor theme park. The face painting for the kids was great. All in all very nice stay at a nice hotel.

1  Thank s c
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

We're thrilled that your whole family was able to visit us! While I am discouraged to hear about the service you received in Damon's I am glad that it seems like the kiddos made some memories. Very excited that we were able to be a part of that. I will be sure to share you thoughts about your Damon's visit. As Joanie demonstrated, we pride ourselves on delivering beyond expectations, so I will be sure this is addressed. Thank you for taking a moment to review us. Certainly our pleasure to have you. Thank you!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We have stayed here often over the last 10 years. We obviously have enjoyed it or we wouldn't return, but since a serious injury several years back has left me unable to enjoy the majority of the water rides, I am basically left with the Lazy River, not complaining as it can be extremely relaxing.

Last year at this same time we were here and the River was shortened to about a third of the actual length. This was very disappointing, but as it had never been closed previously we thought maybe it was maintenance issues. Here we are again, Thanksgiving week, and the same thing with the River. Needless to say I will just sit here for 3 days. I was speaking to an elderly lady who complained of the same thing. She was unable to float around with her toddler grandchild. It is way too boring to just float around in a small circle and there are no other options.

Next year we may look for something more conducive to disabled/seniors. The grandchildren will not be happy, but I cannot just sit here doing
nothing again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for continually visiting us and it is certainly our pleasure to have you! I am sorry to hear about your injury and the role that the lazy river plays in that. I can certainly understand how that would be disappointing. It is not common to have our lazy river closed. Generally speaking it is closed due to maintenance or safety concerns. We never hesitate to close a ride for this reason. I apologize that as luck may have it, you have visited twice this year when it has been shortened. I am sorry for this! I will be sure to convey this information to our waterpark manager. Furthermore, I hope that the lazy river is fixed quickly and in working order for the rest of your stay. Thank you for the feedback. I certainly hope we get to see you and your grandchildren next year! We very much love having you as our guest. Thank you again and have a wonderful rest of your trip.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was definitely one of the best trips to Wisconsin Dells I have been on. From the time we walked in we were treated with the best customer service I think I've ever had. I definitely love the new swim up bar and how big are room was. If I did have to make one complaint, it would be the fireplace in our fireplace suite did not work. It truly was a great stay!

Room Tip: the fireplace suite was a very large room but our fireplace didn't work
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Well, thank you so very much for visiting us! Such a pleasure to have you as our guest. Glad to hear that you love the Swim-up Bar. I happen to love that too! I will let maintenance know about your fire place. Thank you for letting us know so that we can take a moment to fix that. We can't wait to see you again soon. We appreciate your time! Thank you!

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended if you're looking for great family time! Great indoor activities! A lot of fun indoor activities to offer! We had a great time with bowling and indoor theme park was awesome! We'll definitely come back for more family fun!

• Stayed: November 2013

I so very much appreciate you taking the time to review our resort! We can't thank you enough for not only coming to visit us, but furthermore taking the time to share your experience. It was certainly our pleasure to have you and we can't wait to do it again! Take care and see you soon!