“Love this place, been coming for years and it just keeps getting better”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Love this place, been coming for years and it just keeps getting better”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The staff at the Kalahar is is by far the best, you can tell they really care about their customers. I have stayed at many other resorts in the WI Dells area and still love the Kalahari the most. I pick them over any other location in the Dells. I try to make it up there at least 1-2 times a year. I am in the military and they take really good care of the armed forces as well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NIKKISYN
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
We're just so thrilled and grateful for you not only coming to visit us time and again, but taking a moment to review us! Certainly such a wonderful compliment. I wanted to be sure that you know how thankful we are for everything and we can't wait to see you again soon! Take care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
Madison, WI
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We came here again, this time with our entire family. My husband and myself, my sister and brother-in-law, my parents and my two nieces (8 and 1 and 1/2).

This is the first time we had ever stayed in the Sands building and we were in a three bedroom entertainment villa. We checked in on a Friday at about 11:30 never expecting our room to be ready but it was! Check-in was fast and effcient. I was very worried that our room would be too small for the eight of us, and boy was I wrong. My husband and I took the main king room ( I was forced to since it was my birthday) and the rest of my family took the rooms on the side of us. It was so nice to have our own seperate, private areas to retreat to but also a common area where we could all gather. We brought food and drinks with us so having the fridge and kitchen area was perfect! The only bummer about our room was that the fireplace did not work. Not really a big deal.

The walk to the waterpark from the Sands building is very long so be prepared and make sure you have everything you need, as you will not want to run back for something.

The addition of the swim up bar and the outdoor hot tubs is really what will keep bringing us back to Kalahari over going to another resort in the Dells. I really feel like this place caters well to kids and adults alike. Everyone in the family found something they loved. I only wish the wave pool was a bit bigger and/or had bigger waves as this is my favorite part of a waterpark.

Doublecut is also a very nice addition! The theme park has also been updated with new rides and games and is a great way to spend an afternoon/evening.

Yes, this place is expensive, quality, time we spent with our family wasrth it. Definitely not something we can do often but oh so much fun! As my sister said, "If you come home broke, sore, and exhausted then you had a great vacation." Thanks Kalahari!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
I just love it! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Happy Birthday by the way! Sounds like the whole family had a blast! Thank you for sharing. I hope that you weren't too tired, sore or broke for too long! I'm so glad to hear you liked the additions. Some of my personal favorites as well. Can't wait to see you again soon! Take care and thank you for your time!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Came to this resort for a basketball tournament. I travel extensively and stay in many nice hotels. This is a nice place that is fun, but the rooms are average at best. Thin towels, no closets , Kmart furniture and a very small basic bathroom. Room was very big, perfect for families For those accustomed to traveling to fine hotels, adjust your expectations! The kids loved it however.

Stayed December 2013
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review us. We appreciate your time and visiting us. I will be sure to share your comments with our team to see if there is any areas in which we can improve on. Hope you had an enjoyable time in the waterpark! Sounds like the kids had a blast. Thank you again for your time. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Take care!
Sparta, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have been staying in the Dells for over 15 years and in my mind, there is no hotel that compares to the Kalahari. I've stayed at all of the big waterpark hotels and some smaller ones as well, and the Kalahari is better than all others. They've kept everything centralized in their hotel, unlike a lot of hotels that are spanding out for miles and you have to walk 2 miles just between their indoor waterparks. It definitely has the cleanest and most spacious rooms as well. They keep adding new things to cater to all ages, like the new swimup bar. I love this place. They also give an incredible army discount for service members, which is really nice. I've traveled for every occasion to this hotel, it's wonderful for everything.

Room Tip: If you are a past guest, check if they can provide any free upgrades. I've stayed so often, tha...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
It is such a compliment to hear that Kalahari Resort is your "Favorite Place in the World!" Thank you for your continual visits to Kalahari Resort and your excellent review on the layout and your satisfaction with Kalahari. I am so happy you are able to take advantage of our continual attractions and that you surely enjoy the Mud Hut Swim-Up Bar! Thank you again for taking the time to write an awesome review and we'll see you back again soon!
Palatine
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We recently visited over the Thanksgiving holiday for 2 nights, thought it would be fun and different and we were right. A little pricey but overall definitely worth it as a treat. Check in was smooth, room was very nice. we never left the resort other than to go black friday shopping at the outlet mall across the street. Many, many food options to choose from....we ate at Damons, the snack bar by the pool, the african themed restaurant, the coffee shop and the Thanksgiving Day buffet. All were very good. The holiday buffet food was just okay, much of the food was cold or lukewarm. but the dessert table was outstanding! The kids kept busy in the water park and the indoor amusement park and bowling. in fact, we didnt see them most of the time as they just had a ball. My personal favorite was the swim up bar in the waterpark - nothing like watching a football game on multiple screens while sipping a cocktail in hot tub! Truly enjoyed our stay and will return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Sounds like everyone had a great time! Thank you so much for taking a moment to share you thoughts with us and visiting us for your Thanksgiving! I will be sure to share all your comments, good and the bad with our team. So that when you return, hopefully everything will be perfect! Certainly our pleasure to have you. The swimup bar we just added last year and is certainly one of the favorites! Thank you again for your time. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Waldo, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Second time staying here. I have stayed at almost every large and small hotel in the dells. This by far rates as number one for customer service. The waterpark is also very good. The wave pool rates second to the wilderness if you like really big waves. The atmosphere is wonderful and lots of cool art to look at. Also great inexpensive activities for the small kids to participate in at different times during the day. Kudos goes out to Gage (receptionist) who was very patient when I left my wallet in the car and helped to make our stay special. Highly reccomend for anyone that has not visited this park.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Todd D
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Such a pleasure to have you! Thank you for taking the time to review us and sharing your thoughts. I will be sure to pass this along to Gage and his manager. Thank you for letting us know! Looking forward to seeing you again! Take care and thank you.
Dixon, Illinois
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We visit the Kalahari at least twice a year. (We have been there at least ten times) It is fun for the entire family. My children love it and so do I. We watch for deals on the website. We visited in November and booked a $99 deal in a hut room with amusement park passes included. This in itself was a great deal. When we arrived we were told that our room had been upgraded to a African queen suite at no additional charge. Thank you Kalahari!!!!! The resort is clean, staff is friendly and rooms are very nice. We usually stay two days and only leave the resort to shop at the outlet mall. I cant say enough good things about it. We love it and will continue to go as often as we can. If you are looking for a resort in the Dells the Kalahari is the place to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the highway. If you are a light sleeper the noise may bother you.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family