“Another Great Stay”

Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
East Troy Wisconsin
“Another Great Stay”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The resort is great with everything close on the property you really don't have to leave it to find something to do. I have stayed for business and pleasure and think it is great for both. The staff is friendly and will acknowledge you as they walk by. If something needs attending to they are quick to get to it. I will stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Whether it be for business or pleasure (or perhaps a bit of both in one stay), it is simply our pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We sincerely love the comments and take them all to heart. We are looking forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at this resort and the breakfast buffet was the best!! The indoor water park was so much fun and clean. Loved the inside outside hot tub.The theme park was a favorite of the kids, especially the rock wall and the go karts. There's so much to do. We upgraded to a royal African queen room and it had the smell of gas so we called for maintenance and they unhooked our fireplace, needless to say we didn't get to use our fireplace(but we didn't spend much time in our room anyway). Overall a fantastic time and the best place to stay in the dells!

• Stayed February 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have been at almost every hotel in the Dells and I have a hard time deciding between Kalahari and Great Wolf. Both hotels are amazing. The Kalahari is massive and you can not be bored. The waterpark is a blast and my son has a great time. We have stayed at the K. four times now and the only negative thing I can say about the place was breakfast. We were one of maybe six families in the whole place at that time and we had to wait over an hour for BREAKFAST. That being said, Denny's is right around the corner. No harm, no foul. The hotel is a great place to burn off cabin fever and act like a kid. My son is four and when he and I arrive, the wife has a hard time deciding who is her hubby and who is her son. The room was very inviting and comfortable, the bed was insanely comfortable(which indicates the good dreams portion of title)
Go and enjoy your stay, pass on the critics, you will have an amazing time. If not, send me a message and I will make sure to dispute the validity of your response or expertise in the matter. ITS FUN!!!!!!!

PS. If you get suckered in to the giant prize grab thing in the arcade, you will spend $20 bucks trying to get the giant ball, but was worth every penny.

Room Tip: I have always been to spend more money on the condos or the upgraded rooms, but if you can't aff...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Aaron K
Honestly, I am simply at a loss of words! (Which if you ask my family, that's hard to do!). I loved your reviews so much! Ok, not the part about the breakfast, and we will fix that - I ensure you. But the rest, right up to the friendly debate was such a delight to read. I would love the opportunity to put a name to the face. If you are able, please email me directly at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. It would be my pleasure to meet you and your family! Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon! Take care!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Had a great time with lot of indoor activities and water park is very nice and since it was winter it was not that crowded and we enjoyed the indoor water park and theme park and it took all day to complete.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank veepulu
I just wanted to be sure that you knew how much we appreciate your time to provide this feedback. Thank you for everything and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Delafield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I was here for a convention recently. What a beautiful place! The rooms were wonderful and the staff was very nice a helpful,. And the waterpark was absolutely amazing. I am absolutley looking for a reason to come back

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Namaste J
Michigan
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband has a convention that he attends every year here in February and we always make it a family trip so while he is in meetings and stuff the kids and I go to the water park and theme park. There is so much to do and keep you occupied that we never even leave the property.

The water park was great, very clean and the staff were always picking up towels and cleaning up. The first day we were there the kids and I were in the water park for 7 hours straight! I mostly just stayed at my table and read my book, but it seemed like every minute or so there was an employee walking by and checking on everything going on. I was very impressed.

The theme park was awesome! Lots and lots to do! I had 4 kids with me (youngest 9 and oldest 13) and it was nice to just let them go off as a group and do what they wanted to. If you do the theme park I would recommend buying the wrist band for $25. It allows you to do just about everything and it is a better deal if you plan on going there multiple times. It does not include the arcade, but our kids didn't need to be playing video games anyhow when they could be riding rides and being active.

Our room~ We booked the African Queen suite which had 1 master room with bathroom, separate bedroom with 2 queen beds, living room, and 3/4 bath. This was very nice!

The master bedroom had a huge king size bed and we still had lots of room for our luggage to be on the floor. The attached bathroom was also very nice and spacious! It had a whirlpool bathtub (didn't use) but it was a nice and clean tub.
The 2nd bedroom was nice also. It was nice to be able to have the kids go in there and watch their own TV and have their own "space".
The couch turned into a queen size bed which our youngest child slept on. Now with him being a child they can sleep on just about anything... I wouldn't have been able to sleep on it. It was very hard and you could feel the springs thru the mattress :( But with him being a child he didn't care.
The only real issues we had with our room was in the 2nd (3/4) bathroom. The light switch was broken at the top of the switch plate and you could see inside to the wiring and also the towel bar in that same bathroom was broken/bent at the middle of the bar. It was bent enough that yes you would have cut yourself if you ran your finger across it. Housekeeping had to have seen that it was broken because it was covered up by a towel! With having 4 children staying with us in the room I had to have all of the kids use the bathroom that was off the master room. I feel that this was a major liability risk that your housekeeping should have taken care of when they cleaned the room before we went in.

This was our 3rd year staying here for this conference and yes we will still be back next year :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
We so love having you visit us year after year for your husband's convention. Truly our pleasure to have your family. I would imagine your husband loves having the family nearby too while he is at the convention. I love the feedback about the waterpark and Indoor Theme Park. I will be sure to share with our team. While I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the layout of the room and the cleanliness, I am discouraged about the couple issues in the second bathroom. As a mother myself, I can certainly understand. I would like to send someone in that room today to get that all fixed up. If you are able, can please email me your contact info to KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com and I can determine the exact room. Thank you so much for providing that opportunity. We can't wait to have you and your family back again next year! Looking forward to it! Till then!
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Was here for a convention and had to sleep on the pull-out bed. Holy crap! Uncomfortable. I understand those are not meant to be the greatest beds, but it felt like I was sleeping right on the springs. I have traveled a lot over the years and never slept on a hotel pull-out that terrible.
Don't get me wrong the hotel room was great and we had a good time at the convention, but I would have liked to been able to move during the day. I was so sore and stiff from the beds, I felt like I was 90 years old.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SamK2
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for visiting us for your convention. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience while sleeping on the pull out mattress. I will be sure to pass this along to our Rooms Division Director to look into. We certainly would never want you to end and begin your day so miserable. If you return and the mattress is not up to your expectations again, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will do everything we can to ensure you are comfortably enjoying your stay! I'm glad to hear that everyone had a great time at the convention and during the day however. I hope that we have the opportunity to see you again in the future. Take care and thank you!