“LOUD!!! Went for a relaxing vacation...went home exhausted!!!”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Jackson, Michigan
“LOUD!!! Went for a relaxing vacation...went home exhausted!!!”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We just recently stayed for 5 nights in a royal African queen suite and 4 of those 5 were a complete frustration! We called the front desk 5 times over the LOUD people above us and every time we got the same story, that security would be sent up. The noise never stopped! And we never received any feedback. It sounded like people were playing basketball up there it was that loud! And yes this was after their quiet hours. But it happened all day as well. When we asked to checkout early, we were told that we couldn't get our money back. I was so upset. We were tired and it was absolutely ridiculous. They wouldn't even allow us to switch rooms.
We will never return again. We will stick to Great Wolf where the customer is important and making EVERYONES stay is their priority.
For the amount of money spent you would think we could have gotten more than one good nights sleep.

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank RyJa2814
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with us, but do appreciate you providing this valuable feedback. It's guests like you that allow us to constantly improve and deliver beyond expectations. I would love the opportunity to look further into your concerns and the experience you received. If you are able, please send me your direct contact info to KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. I would very much value the opportunity to connect directly and learn more about your latest visit. Thank you so much for your time. We truly appreciate it. Hope to hear from you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
Savage, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 February 2014

What a great place for a family get-away! Love the waterpark - clean, equipment kept up and working nicely, flow rider included is perfect and the lifeguards are really good! Theme park is great - so much to do!! Love that go karts, lazer tag, rock climbing, rope climbing, rides, mini-golf are all included and you can go all day! Kids were in heaven and so were mom and dad!!! Food was great at the places we ate. Love that they will store luggage for you - other places did not do that for you in town. Friendly staff and seemed like they really respected our business. Clean and nice. We will go back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Denise W
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for bringing a smile to my face! Loved your review so much and I can't wait to share it with the whole team! Thank you for taking time out of your day to send us this feedback! We can't wait to see the whole family again! See you soon.
East Troy Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The resort is great with everything close on the property you really don't have to leave it to find something to do. I have stayed for business and pleasure and think it is great for both. The staff is friendly and will acknowledge you as they walk by. If something needs attending to they are quick to get to it. I will stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Whether it be for business or pleasure (or perhaps a bit of both in one stay), it is simply our pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We sincerely love the comments and take them all to heart. We are looking forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at this resort and the breakfast buffet was the best!! The indoor water park was so much fun and clean. Loved the inside outside hot tub.The theme park was a favorite of the kids, especially the rock wall and the go karts. There's so much to do. We upgraded to a royal African queen room and it had the smell of gas so we called for maintenance and they unhooked our fireplace, needless to say we didn't get to use our fireplace(but we didn't spend much time in our room anyway). Overall a fantastic time and the best place to stay in the dells!

• Stayed February 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have been at almost every hotel in the Dells and I have a hard time deciding between Kalahari and Great Wolf. Both hotels are amazing. The Kalahari is massive and you can not be bored. The waterpark is a blast and my son has a great time. We have stayed at the K. four times now and the only negative thing I can say about the place was breakfast. We were one of maybe six families in the whole place at that time and we had to wait over an hour for BREAKFAST. That being said, Denny's is right around the corner. No harm, no foul. The hotel is a great place to burn off cabin fever and act like a kid. My son is four and when he and I arrive, the wife has a hard time deciding who is her hubby and who is her son. The room was very inviting and comfortable, the bed was insanely comfortable(which indicates the good dreams portion of title)
Go and enjoy your stay, pass on the critics, you will have an amazing time. If not, send me a message and I will make sure to dispute the validity of your response or expertise in the matter. ITS FUN!!!!!!!

PS. If you get suckered in to the giant prize grab thing in the arcade, you will spend $20 bucks trying to get the giant ball, but was worth every penny.

Room Tip: I have always been to spend more money on the condos or the upgraded rooms, but if you can't aff...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Aaron K
Honestly, I am simply at a loss of words! (Which if you ask my family, that's hard to do!). I loved your reviews so much! Ok, not the part about the breakfast, and we will fix that - I ensure you. But the rest, right up to the friendly debate was such a delight to read. I would love the opportunity to put a name to the face. If you are able, please email me directly at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. It would be my pleasure to meet you and your family! Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon! Take care!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Had a great time with lot of indoor activities and water park is very nice and since it was winter it was not that crowded and we enjoyed the indoor water park and theme park and it took all day to complete.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank veepulu
I just wanted to be sure that you knew how much we appreciate your time to provide this feedback. Thank you for everything and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Delafield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I was here for a convention recently. What a beautiful place! The rooms were wonderful and the staff was very nice a helpful,. And the waterpark was absolutely amazing. I am absolutley looking for a reason to come back

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business