“ Good stay but problems with check in” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

We can't find prices for this hotel
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Weyauwega, Wisconsin
“ Good stay but problems with check in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Came for a business conference. I've been to the dells area several times and this was my first time staying here. My check in was not so good, I was booked in a room with another lady from work, and I was unable to check in unless she came, I even had the print out from the office showing my name and my reservation number and the supervisor said it wasn't good enough & was told the first person had to be there to check in. Well needless to stay I had no idea when she was coming or how to get in touch with her, so I had to make calls back to the office and hope someone was still there to help straighten this mess out! I did finally get into my room, and I don't know if this was works mistake or Kalahari's but I did have the paper and id showing who I was. I made sure my roommate was on the reservation as well and they even typed her in so this wasn't difficult for her like mine. I never did have a roommate my entire stay, as later I found out they couldn't "find" her in the system and she wasn't as lucky as me and ended up booking a room on her own credit card. :( on the positive side the beds were amazing I got a great nights rest both nights. Rooms were clean and hotel was beautiful. Conference area was huge and very well laid out! Delicious treats in the lobby! I never did make it to the water park or theme park but some of my coworkers did and said it was a blast! I would like to bring my family here if I can find a good deal, I checked with front desk and rates for a weekday were triple that of the wilderness where we frequent.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank heidijob
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
We're so thrilled that you were able to come visit us for your business conference. Let me start off by saying, I am sorry to hear about your experience with Check-in. I can certainly understand the frustration with just wanting to be in your room. I will look into your experience and see where the miscommunication occurred. I do know that we take the safety and security of our guests very, very seriously and with strict protocol to ensure this safety, perhaps was part of the experience, however, I will look into this more. Thank you for letting us know! On the flip side, aside from the check-in I am so glad to hear that everything else was enjoyable! Certainly our pleasure to have you! We would love to have you and your family back for a visit. We do list all of our specials/packages on our site or another great place to check for deals is on our Facebook page. Hopefully you will be able to snag one of those offers and come again soon. Hope to see you again soon! Take care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
lee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Our first trip here. We usually go to the Great Wolf. Pleasantly surprised by how well staffed they were. Very clean! We had taken our kids who are 8 and 9, there was a rowdy bunch of kids in front of us waiting for laser tag, the employee handled them well and offered for us to wait until they were done so we didn't have any problems. My daughter had an allergic reaction to the chlorine, had to buy Benadryl at the gift shop for 12.99. Thought that was extremely over priced. The selection of slides for all ages was terrific. Overall a great experience! I would advise to take your kids to the amusement park in the mid afternoon, the crowd later in the evening was questionable.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank sarah f
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
We're thrilled that we you gave us a shot! Thank you so much for visiting and taking a moment to review us! Certainly our pleasure to have you and your family as our guests. I do hope your daughter's reaction cleared up quickly. I will be sure to share you comments to our retail manager. I hope we have the opportunity to see you again soon. Thank you so much for your time. Take care!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We made our reservations online & stayed in a hospitality suite which was very nice & clean. We had a blast at both the water park & theme park although I wasn't thrilled that our room reservation for 2 nights didn't include the theme park along with the the water park so we ended up having 2 pay close to $100 for 4 us to do the theme park & we bought quite a few gifts from the gift shops & realized a plastic tumbler like cup we bought is cracked @ the top which allows water in to the part where no water should go, I am currently waiting for a call back from the retail manager & hoping they take care of the problem properly(such as sending us a new one so we have properly working souvenir)we will definitely be rebooking for the summer time!!!

1 Thank xoxo8818
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
We loved having you! Thank you for sharing and we are excited to see you over the summer too. While our Indoor Theme Park is not typically included, be sure to check out our packages. We do have some where it is included. Hopefully that will help this summer. You can find those all on our site. I'm sure our retail manager will take good care of you. If you have any problems getting in touch, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly to help: KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. See you again soon! Take care!
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had the best family vacation at the Kalihari Feb 5-7, 2014! First, check in was fast and friendly and the two bedroom suite we were upgraded to was AMAZING! The waterpark was incredible, a great mix of low key/relaxing slides and high adrenaline slides! My kids are both teens and they had a blast on the master blaster, flow rider and the "flusher". The slides that "drop" out from under you are seriously intense but you should definitely try it at least once! It looked like there were lots of lower key things for the younger guys too. You could see at least two attentive lifeguards wherever you looked; it felt very safe. The indoor theme park was a bit young for our kids but they loved the arcade games, nascar simulator and spy laser challenge. The sweet shop had the BEST ice cream and other sweets and all the restaurants looked good. The only thing I could suggest as an improvement would be to have bar codes on your wrist bands that charge directly back to your room; that way you wouldn't have to carry cash. This was a fantastic get away in the winter that made us remember the fun of summer...there was so much to do we never left to go out in the cold! Highly recommend!

3 Thank Tbaygirl113
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Recently stayed in royal African queen sweets and had a wonderful time.Kalahari spa was excellent. The 4 days we were there was extremely fun for my 3 grandchildren.will definitely return in future.the indoor park was so much fun we played games and rode rides for hours.we played mini golf and bowled my grandson loved the rock climbing and rope course.

1 Thank tinaleebb44
We're thrilled to hear that everyone from the grandkids to the grandparents had a blast. Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to review us. I wanted to be sure to sent a note letting you know how much we appreciate you and can't wait to see you again soon. Take care!
Jackson, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

We just recently stayed for 5 nights in a royal African queen suite and 4 of those 5 were a complete frustration! We called the front desk 5 times over the LOUD people above us and every time we got the same story, that security would be sent up. The noise never stopped! And we never received any feedback. It sounded like people were playing basketball up there it was that loud! And yes this was after their quiet hours. But it happened all day as well. When we asked to checkout early, we were told that we couldn't get our money back. I was so upset. We were tired and it was absolutely ridiculous. They wouldn't even allow us to switch rooms.
We will never return again. We will stick to Great Wolf where the customer is important and making EVERYONES stay is their priority.
For the amount of money spent you would think we could have gotten more than one good nights sleep.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank RyJa2814
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with us, but do appreciate you providing this valuable feedback. It's guests like you that allow us to constantly improve and deliver beyond expectations. I would love the opportunity to look further into your concerns and the experience you received. If you are able, please send me your direct contact info to KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. I would very much value the opportunity to connect directly and learn more about your latest visit. Thank you so much for your time. We truly appreciate it. Hope to hear from you soon.
Savage, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

What a great place for a family get-away! Love the waterpark - clean, equipment kept up and working nicely, flow rider included is perfect and the lifeguards are really good! Theme park is great - so much to do!! Love that go karts, lazer tag, rock climbing, rope climbing, rides, mini-golf are all included and you can go all day! Kids were in heaven and so were mom and dad!!! Food was great at the places we ate. Love that they will store luggage for you - other places did not do that for you in town. Friendly staff and seemed like they really respected our business. Clean and nice. We will go back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Denise W
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for bringing a smile to my face! Loved your review so much and I can't wait to share it with the whole team! Thank you for taking time out of your day to send us this feedback! We can't wait to see the whole family again! See you soon.