“Overpriced and unhealthy food...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

We can't find prices for this hotel
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Overpriced and unhealthy food...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

The waterpark is great! Staff very friendly. Clean and locker rooms, towels, life jackets available. You have to pay though for lockers( but you already pay for the night! Free entrance park is nice, lockers should be too). Breakfast, dinner, not good at all! Poor quality of food. Junk fast food. My hubby, the kids and I all had tummy aches from the little food we ate. Salads are also not good quality. Rooms are clean but outdated and way overpriced! We booked 3 nights but left after 2nd night because we were fed up with the food. Would not go back. Rather go to indoor Waterpark for a day if this is what you get like at Kalahari.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ChicagolandDutchyMom
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for giving us a try. So glad to hear that you enjoyed the waterpark and our team that you encountered. I know it was simply our pleasure to have you and your family as our guest. I am discouraged to hear your thoughts about the food. Most of our guests rave about the options. I will connect with our F&B Director to see where we can improve. I do hope that you were able to find the fresh fruit options, freshly made salads, stir-fry's, and our Signature Dining Experience Double Cut. While many options are to cater to those quickly passing, we do have many for all dining preferences. We are happy to help point out where to find those options if that helps. I do remain in hopes of seeing you again, whether it be for a day pass or an overnight stay, we would love to have you as our guest. Take care and thank you for your thoughts!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
Verona, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

When time doesn't allow for a overnight visit and the park isn't at full occupancy we found that a day pass when available is a great way to go! Park wasn't over crowded. Lines for rides were not long at Waterpark or Theme park. I like how close everything is layer out in parks. Grabbed a cabana and hung out all day with the family. Ordered food from cabana server and the food was good and hot.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RondaMac2014
Forest Lake, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We went to Kalahari in Feb,2014 and stayed 4 nights.It was my husband and I and our 2 girls 9 and 6.It went really well.The place is gorgeous!So many photo opportunities!Tons of stuff to do every day! Very family friendly and accommodating!The staff was fabulous and housekeeping was great!Restaurants were beautiful and the food was very good!Fair prices,too!Tons of stuff to do at the indoor water park and they have an indoor amusement park which was really fun but the game tokens/points go really fast!The price of the games should be cheaper and the prizes are kind of puny.We had gotten a package price while we were there which saved us around $400+!We had a very nice room in the sands building.With a living room and a kitchen.Housekeeping would even do our dishes!SO COOL!We had our fridge go on the fritz but when I called the front desk they sent a maintenance guy up there ASAP and he fixed it in about 20-30 minutes or less!He was very kind,too!Also,LOVED the swim up bar, though the prices were sky high but what should a person expect at a resort anyway? I didn't like the way the lifeguards watch you at the water park.VERY ANNOYING!They make you feel like you're always doing something wrong!They are very strict about adults going on the kids slides which bothered me A LOT because I am an anxious person and I wanted to go down slides so I was VERY limited what fun I could have there!It was very disappointing for me because I would watch the rest of my family going on many different things and felt VERY left out!At Great Wolf (next door)they would let the parents use the kid slides and that was a huge blessing there!And the most disappointing part for me all together was not being able to go on the big ropes course because they couldn't fit the harness on me(across my tummy).Yes I'm a bigger woman BUT there had to be men going on there with big beer bellies and such!That was one I was REALLY looking forward to and they should have put up what the waist size limit was on their sign of rules!I even went back there to see if the other person made a mistake when putting it on me but it still didn't quite fit :( :( They also had a very nice bowling alley upstairs in the amusement park area!LOVED the couches!Fabulous!PLEASE Kalahari,PLEASE add some amusements for the" larger" crowd!And lose a little bit of the strictness in the water park so we can relax!!!!!!!!! All in all the resort was very good!

Room Tip: Rooms up higher = less noise.Get a kitchen if you're staying awhile( if it's in your budget...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rebecca R
Loved having you and your family for 4 nights! Thank you for taking a moment to share with us! The Swimup bar is one of the favorite additions. Glad you like it too! Also, the room sounds like the perfect style for your family. That's my favorite as well! I am glad that we were able to get that fridge in proper working order for you. While I'm glad to hear that our guards were on top of the rules, I am sorry to hear that this negatively impacted your stay. I will be sure to connect with our Waterpark Director to see if we can't reach some middle grounds. Thank you for sharing that! Likewise, I will connect with our Indoor Theme Park Manager to see if we have or can get other harnesses that will work for your next adventure. Hopefully we can accommodate that for you. I just know you will love it! Thank you again for sharing your thoughts. Can't wait to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We go to the Dells every winter and this was our first time back to Kalahari in a few years. We stayed at the beginning of March before spring breaks started. We've always enjoyed our stays and this time was no disappointment. We have a little mixup at check-in, including being put into a dirty room. The front desk clerk sent an apologetic box of candy from the Sweet Hut to our room later which was nice (and yummy). Our daughters, ages 6 and 11, found plenty to do in the waterpark and the lines were not log at the slides. I wanted to make note of one lifeguard named "Douglas" who you could tell really enjoyed his job. We saw him at many different areas during our stay and he was always cheerful, high-fiving the kids and adults and asking them if they were having fun. That was so refreshing versus someone who is just going through the motions, especially around children. The kids also enjoyed the indoor theme park. We liked the additions of the frozen yogurt, the mini-adventure course and the laser games. Our only disappointment was the removal of the Pottery place. That is a family tradition of ours so we missed that part of or trip. We got to try the new steakhouse on property, Double Cut, and it was spectacular! They had only been open a week when we visited but it was one of the best meals we ever had. The service was excellent and the filets melted in our mouths. Of course, have to mention the Sweet Hut...our favorite dessert stop!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
So wonderful to have you as our guest again. Thank you so much for visiting the Dells and choosing to stay with us! I am sorry to hear about the mix-up with your room. So glad that we could get that taken care for you and it didn't ruin your stay. Likewise, I am sorry to hear that you missed the Pottery Pizzazz. We miss it too! I will be sure to share those thoughts. I love hearing how the family had such a blast! We can't thank you enough for taking a moment to share. I do hope that we get to see you again soon and make it a family tradition! I know we certainly love having you. Thank you again!
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

The resort is very big, but the staff is very friendly and nice. The rooms are huge and the beds, blankets and pillows are comfortable. The best part was that even though I heard doors slamming, they were muffled and didn't keep me awake or startle me as can happen at many hotels. The chocolates at the SweetHut are way overpriced. The spa is also overpriced. There is no sauna or steam room. My daughter and I each had a pedicure, which was great, but I still thought it was a little over-priced. We really enjoyed the game room, water park and Brew Pub restaurant. Our favorite part of the waterpark was the wave pool. The lifeguards are watching closely, which is very reassuring! I would highly recommend Kalahari!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathy M
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
What a compliment?! Thank you so much for sharing! We can't thank you enough. While I will be sure to pass along your thoughts to our Spa and Sweet Hut, so thrilled to hear about the rest! I can't wait to share with our team! Thank you again for your time and we can't wait to see you in the near future. Take care!
Kodiak, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We've been to Dells numerous times and have stayed at most of the big resorts. We'd never tried the Kalahari so we went for it. We loved most of the facilities, but the indoor waterpark was...anticlimactic. The theme park however was fantastic!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank tmill1
Thank you for giving us a shot at your recent visit to the Dells! It was certainly our pleasure to have you! I hope you were able to try our Indoor/Outdoor Whirlpools and Swim-up Bar. Likewise, our indoor drop slides are always a rush! The Indoor Theme Park is a blast! So glad to hear the family enjoyed it as well! Looking forward to having you as our guest again soon! Take care and thank you for your time!
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My and and I have been coming to the Kalahari for years. No, it's not a great value and the rooms are never clean, but the kids love the parks.

I'm only writing this review because I have never experienced such poor customer service. As I was checking out I witnessed a manager dealing with a guest who had been miscarried on his bill. The manager was yelling at the guest to change the way he was talking or she would make sure no one helped him. I witnessed the whole exchange and was disgusted by the managers behavior. The guest was level headed and polite the entire time. The manager s behavior was making every one in the lobby uncomfortable.

I will take the kids to wilderness next time. They do not need to witness such immature and disrespectful behavior.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank madisonmini
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
I am sorry to hear about the experience you witnessed while visiting us. I want to certainly apologize that this left such a negative impression for you and your family. I will be sure to address this with our team. I would love to put you in touch with our management team in regards to this instance. If you can please email me at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com I can connect you. We very much appreciate your patronage to our resort and I am again so sorry to hear about your recent stay. I do hope you and the family enjoyed the recent improvements throughout the resort. Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon.