“Disappointed.”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were there for a large conference and I took my 2 year old - her first time at a waterpark - becasue they have a heavily advertised space for the little ones. Of course, it was closed for maintenance. We were tol over and over that "it will open soon" and it never did. I contacted management via the website days ago, but have gotten no response. Not happy. Will likely stay at Great Wolf Lodge or The Wilderness next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

While I am so glad that you were able to come for the convention, I am very sorry to hear that your little one was unable to enjoy Tiko's Watering Hole. We do our best to ensure all maintenance is preformed when the waterpark is not open. However, very rarely if something doesn't go as planned this could run into normal business hours. In this instance, the area wasn't reaching temperatures as quickly as we were hoping so the little ones were warm, hence the reoccurring delay. I apologize that this cause any negative experience in your stay. I can certainly understand the desire to want to play in this area. I do hope that your little one was able to play in Leopard's Lair too. That has some fun little one activities as well. Again, I sincerely apologize that this area wasn't available to you and your kiddo. Please know this is very much out of the norm for us. I do hope that we have the privilege to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Attended WNA Convention, utilized only convention amenities, space was adequate, large but had poorly maintained temperature controls. Freezing in one room and too warm in another room. Food was good, nothing special, break time foods ran out without timely replenishment despite very long lines still waiting to get a serving. Acoustics could have been better, however as a hard of hearing participant, it could have just been me.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for visiting us for the WNA Convention. We were certainly pleased to have you as our guest. While I am discouraged to hear that not everything delivered beyond expectations, I do appreciate all the feedback on how we may improve. I will have our banquet team identify how we can properly evaluate the temperature break-out replenishment, and acoustics more suitable for everyone. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I do hope that we have the pleasure to have you as our guest in the future once again. Take care and thank you!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a fun place for families to get away. Make sure to take alot of money, as it is rather expensive to do additional stuff there. Water park is nice for all ages. Also when you book, if you don't want to walk miles to the water park make sure you ask in your room reservation for a place that isn't across the street.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We so very much appreciate you sharing your feedback for all of our future travelers. Thank you for visiting us! So glad that you had a blast in the waterpark! We do have specific room styles in the resort and the sands, however, we are happy to find the best room for you when you make your reservation. That would be our pleasure. Can't wait to see you again soon! Take care!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My family goes to the dells twice a year. We usually stay at the wilderness but thought we would try the Kalahari instead. The water park was good and the rooms were ok. My issue was that security came to our room to say my kids were being too loud at 9:30 in the morning. The people below us were trying to sleep. My kids were not out in the hallways being disruptive they were in OUR room.I could see if it was during quiet hours but it was after 9am. Our room wasn't cheap and to be told to be quiet during normal hours is ridiculous. If they wanted to sleep in they should have chosen a hotel that wasn't kid friendly. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor if you have young kids.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SORT45

We are so grateful that you come to the Dells to visit us yearly. Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts! I am sorry to hear that while you enjoyed everything, you did encounter a negative experience that ruined your stay. I would love to look further into this and learn from this. If you have a moment, can you please connect with me directly at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com? I would love the opportunity to hear more. Thank you again for your thoughts. I remain in hopes that we can see you again in the future. Take care!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about our recent stay to the Kalahari. The concierge allowed us to upgrade to a lodge suite during my conference stay which was great with little children. Waterpark and theme park were super fun and kid friendly. Lots of things to do. I have stayed at other locations in the Dells but Kalahari is on the top of that list.

1  Thank tfritz0513
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Last year, my fiance, and I needed a get-away so we last minute booked a one night stay with using the Night Out package. It comes with king whirlpool room, 2 monster cocktails, $40 Dinner, $30 breakfast, 2 games of Bowling, Zoo passes, 2 indoor theme park passes. We had such a blast we ended up staying another night. It was my birthday a couple days ago, and when I woke up, I decided I could use a relaxing, and fun day with my fiance. So by 9 o'clock that morning we had book the Night Out package again, and were on our way to the dells. We got there, and were greeted by the amazing staff. Donna was the lady who was checking us in, and when I told her it was my birthday, we are pretty sure she upgraded our room. We got to our room, and it was in the locked suite wing. Our room had a fire place, and a huge patio plus everything else. It was beautiful. Once settled we went out for some food, upon walking back into the building we ran into Donna. She said she had been looking everywhere for us. She gave me a big hug, and wished me a happy birthday. She also handed me a bag with a hand made card in it, and a turtle brownie. I was so touched that she went out of her way to do this for me. Our little get-away was amazing, and we ended up staying another night, again! We plan on coming back for my fiances birthday in August.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loren_Raee

Donna is certainly amazing and I am so thrilled you got to meet her! Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your engagement too! We couldn't be happier to have you as our guest. Thank you so much for taking a moment to share. We can't wait to see you and your fiance in August. Clearly we love having you as our guest! By the way, I was sure to let Donna and her manager know of your review too. You have made her day and mine! Thank you!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I like the rooms in the sands the best; though furtherest from the water park, I dodn't use the water park. I like that it has it's own outdoor pool in the back - a little more seculuded. The suite is huge with a complete kitchen just like you would get at a timeshare resort. The room has its own jacuzzi; though not the greatest, it serves it's purpose. There was a very nice fire place, living room and dining room and comes with a full sized refridgerator, stove microwave and dishwasher. Get a room on the back side facing the pool as the view is much better of the surrounding landscape. It's nice to sit on the outdoor deck and have some wine before dinner. I thought the rate was very resonable for what you get. Dinner at the Double Cut was way too expensive; though, the food was very tasty. The room was very quiet and was never disturb by sound.

Room Tip: I like the Sands the best with a room on the fourth floor facing the back and the Suites are really...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business