Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$111
Day's End Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$47
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$105
US$147
AscendHotels
Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$54
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
US$146
Baker's Sunset Bay Resort(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$82
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$95
Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$90
Ambers Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$64
Travelocity
2,996 results
All reviewssands buildingindoor theme parkivory coastferris wheelgreat karoodouble cutmaster blasterhut roomroyal african queen suitebrew pubbowling alleysweet hutwater parkcookie decoratingswim up barmovie theaterall ages
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband had attended a training/conference located at the Kalahari. Since we would celebrating our 16th anniversary that Friday, I decided to travel with him. We also took our 14 years old daughter and her friend. This would be our second visit to Wisconsin Dells. The first time we drove to Wisconsin Dells we remember seeing the Kalahari from the highway. We were like WOW! We went to see a movie next to the Kalahari. We always said if we came to Wisconsin Dells again we would stay there. Well, thanks to my husband's company, we were able. The Kalahari has everything you need to enjoy a vacation from indoor and outdoor waterpark, theme park, bowling lanes, fitness center with a trainer, restaurants, etc. In addition, when checking in, we were given passes to two different attractions in Wisconsin Dells. Our rooms was located in Sands. It is a long walk from the front. However, everyone needs some exercise during vacation. There is a skywalk that connects everything. Our room was 3119 which overlooked the outdoor pool. It had a balcony. The room was huge (bathroom a little small because of the huge tub).
We will definitely return again.
Our rate was based on a conference rate. I wanted to extend our stay since my husband conference wasn't over until 5pm. When I called and worried if we could get the conference rate, I was told no. However, upon checking in, Alexis granted us another night at the conference rate. Thank you.
FYI- I had just stayed at Key Lime Cove in Gurnee, IL earlier in the month. Compared to Kalahari, Key Lime Cove is a waste of money and does not compare to Kalahari. I will never stay at Key Lime Cove again. I would rather drive the extra hour to Kalahari. We are already planning our next trip.

1  Thank Fabian D
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hi Fabian! I am so so thrilled that we were able to provide you with such a wonderful experience here at Kalahari Resort and that it was a memorable one. Being a family friendly Waterpark Resort and Convention Center, it was such a bonus that your husband was able to take you all along with him to the meeting. How cool that you were able to get the conference rate for the extra day you spent with us! I'm glad you all had such a great time within our waterparks and were able to give the Indoor Theme Park a try as well. Thank you again for all of the great compliments. We are proud to now be your number one waterpark resort choice and can't wait to see you on your next trip to Wisconsin Dells.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Our family had a great time staying at tgr main resort for about 4 days. The suite was one long room divided in half that shared a bathroom. Fun time, but rooms Could use some sprucing up. Carpet was a bit worn and sinks and tub a bit dated for thr price.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jdawg2112

I'm happy to hear you all had such a wonderful time with us. I am saddened to hear about the condition of your room. I would like to find out some more information about that. Please shoot me an email at KRizzo@kalahariresorts.com so we can make sure the rooms are in great condition for future visits and future guests. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is an excellent spot to take the family for a vacation. We got in at 12:30pm and had to wait until 4:00pm for our room to be available. I was a little negative about that but I brought the family to the indoor theme park which was part of the package deal that I ordered. My kids had a lot of fun in the theme park. Once the room was ready, we threw on the swimsuits and headed to the indoor water park. I wish there was a little more information in the room on what to expect with the locker room and how to get a locker, but that was resolved after the first visit. Their indoor waterpark had plenty of slides to ride and the wave pool was fun for the kids. I didn't like that a couple of the restaurants were closed in the indoor park during their 'off' days (Tuesday-Thursday), but we managed through that. Each day consisted of pretty much the same thing. Waterpark the entire day, food in between and then the indoor theme park in the evening. The African Queen Suite is perfect for 4 people. The kids got their own room and when they went to sleep, the adults had plenty of space and privacy to relax whether in the whirlpool, just lounging in the living room or enjoying the wonderful weather we had on the patio. Their are 2 bathrooms in that suite as well. I do wish that the hotel stocked the rooms with more towels. We seemed to always run low by the end of the evening. The restaurants right nearby the property were decent. Great value with the pizza buffet at the Pizza Ranch. Buffalo Phil's was also a good restaurant to eat at. Ivory Coast in the property had good food but was low staffed for their 'off' day on Tuesday. The food at the theme park was good. The food at the restaurant (can't remember name) outside of the entrance to the indoor water park was good. The hotel's restaurants had good food, but a little pricey. Obviously we got better deals off the property. All in all, we had a great time. I am the type that would like to try something new the next vacation, but I would have a hard time picking another spot to stay at the dells. I highly recommend a family vacation to Kalahari if you are planning a trip to Wisconsin Dells, WI.

Room Tip: Plan to have kids stay in an extra room. Spend the extra money on the suite. You're on vacation too. Enjoy the peace after they knock out.
2  Thank Erich R

Hi Erich. Thank you for such a detailed review. I appreciate all of the comments on the Waterparks and the Indoor Theme Park. The African Queen Suite is a great room to fit 4 people very comfortably. Especially if two people would like the luxury of their own room. It sounds like you had a pretty solid routine between hours in the waterpark during the day and then the Indoor Theme Park at night. I am sorry about a few of the select dining options not fitting the hours that you wanted to eat. I hope with all of the restaurants located within the resort, you were able to find something to your liking. It's so nice that you fully enjoyed your getaway at the resort and from what I'm reading, you were even able to venture out around town. Thanks again for the great review. Take care!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is the best waterpark I have been to so far in the Dells......the waterparks and food was excellent, food a little overpriced but overall was GREAT!!! I would have said Excellent but they DO NOT give you enough towels in the room for a family of 5......

1  Thank Gini D

Hello Gini. Thank you for all of the great compliments about our waterpark, resort, and the food options. I am happy you all had such a wonderful time during your visit with us. I am sorry to hear about the shortage of towels in your room. Just a quick call down to housekeeping and we'd be happy to send as many towels as you need you to the room. Thanks again for the review and we'll see you back soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We took our family on our first trip to the Dells and decided to give Kalahari a try. All of us had a great time and really enjoyed both waterparks! The only thing that was a bit disappointing was the location of our room. When I called to make the reservation I requested a room over looking the outdoor water park and was told that is what I would get. The room we got was over looking a roof next to the indoor theme park. The good part was we didn't spend much time in our room with so much to do at the resort. Our 5 year old granddaughter had the time of her life and it was very age appropriate for her to enjoy all the slides at both waterparks. The adults had a great time too!

4  Thank GwenSSS

Hey Gwen. I apologize about the situation involving the view from your room. Usually, if we tell a guest that they will receive the room they request, we are able to accommodate it. I am not sure what happened there.
I am thrilled you and all of your kids enjoyed the waterpark and were able to find a wide variety of activities to suit everyone's playtime. It's so wonderful that your 5 year old granddaughter had the time of her life. I bet the smile on her face was pretty big. Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and we hope to see you back again with the family very soon!