“A fun place”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had not been to the dells in 5+ years and enjoyed our time at the Kalahari. We stayed here as part of a baseball tournament. The kids ages 10 and 13 had a blast, we had a nice room on the Sands side. The rooms are big, bigger than a normal hotel room. They have a microwave and fridge and full size coffee maker, which is nice. The balcony is also nice. We overlooked the pool area and it was great. Peaceful in the am and the pm, not too bad throughout the day. It was far to walk to the indoor park and the big outdoor area. Quickest way, through the parking lot. The outdoor waterpark was fun but LOUD. Loud music that did not make things relaxing...... Would I go back, maybe in another 5 years.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view then walk carefully through the parking lot!
1  Thank zimmdj
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am happy to hear that your 10 and your 13 year old had a blast. The Sands Building is a peaceful escape from the main resort while still on property and just a skywalk away. I hope you were able to experience both the Indoor and Outdoor Waterparks. It sounds like baseball tournament went well and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Dells.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were going to make this an annual event but there's this: We booked a villa 6/20/14 - 6/22/14. There were 19 of us (including an infant) so we all brought food.The refrigerator was not cold. We called for service and were told it was working properly. The next day, it still was not cold. We called again and were told once again (but for different reasons) that is was working properly. We were concerned about the safety of the milk products and were able to get a cooler with ice. The freezer pops we put in on Friday were still not frozen when we checked out on Sunday. I mentioned this on the survey I got after the stay and no one bothered to follow up. For $3000, I don't think a refrigerator that operates at a safe temperature is too much to ask. A follow up from guest services would have been nice as well. That being said, the park is beautiful and well maintained.

5  Thank BBinOH

Thank you for reaching out to us. I apologize greatly about the refrigerator incident. That is unacceptable. Here at Kalahari Resort, safety is our number one priority and that includes food safety as well. Please don't hesitate to email me directly at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com if you would like to discuss the matter further. Again, I apologize for the missed communication and remain in hopes that you'll come stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at Kalahari from June 30 - July 1st this was our first trip. The resort is huge and there are a lot of stairs (especially if you do the water slides) so bring your walking shoes. We had a 3 bedroom 3 bath suite. The layout was very functional allowing for enough group time but space for privacy as well. In addition to the main kitchen each room with two queen beds had a small fridge, microwave and balcony. The queen rooms were spacious although there is only one sink. The king room was a bit smaller because it directly connected to the group living room and kitchen. The resort was clean and the beds were comfy. AC worked well. The food quality was also very good. The water park did not feel crowded and lines were short which was a big benefit. We rented indoor and outdoor cabanas to serve as home base. If you are there with a group and plan to be there all day this is a good option. They have a TV, fridge ceiling fan and more comfortable furniture. You also get wait service which is not otherwise available in the general seating area.

The indoor park is loud with water noise so be prepared. It is actually a bit hard to talk over the noise. Outside they play music a bit too loud in my opinion but still easier to talk than inside. Tons of great options for kids of all ages. There is also a large indoor amusement park that the kids enjoyed. All costs for the amusement park are separate.

We have family members that go to Kalahari 2X per year and love it. We would go back if a water park was part of our future plans.

Check in can be slow so arrive a bit early to avoid the lines. There is free cookie decorating everyday between 3:00 and 4:00 to help occupy kids during check inn.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms in the sands building overlook a big pool and woods. Great morning sun and nice to...
1  Thank Julie S
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hi Julie. Thank you for the wonderful and detailed review from your visit with us. I am so glad that you had a wonderful first visit and were able to take advantage of a lot of the extra amenities and activities that Kalahari has to offer.
In the waterpark, the indoor and outdoor cabanas are a great way to keep track of everything and feel a little extra special during your visit. I am glad to hear you all enjoyed the rooms that you were in and everybody had plenty of extra space.
Again, we appreciate the detailed review so that other guests can get an idea of what our resort is like. Thank you and we hope to see you back for a stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I did the memorial day package and my 3 year old had an amazing time. The free tickets to the Wildlife park and the indoor and outdoor water park were great. We got put in a room that had no balcony initially but I called the front desk and told them that I really wanted one and they moved us within 30 minutes to a room with a beautiful view of the outdoor water park and pools. I had a great time and would recommend this place for families with young kids - lots to do.

Room Tip: Having a room with the view of the water park is really nice but just keep in mind during the day yo...
1  Thank Margarita U

I am so glad you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I hope your 3 year old had a wonderful time while visiting our Waterparks. How wonderful that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary tickets to Timbavati Wildlife park that we are offering this summer to all registered guests. Thank you for the recommendations to your family and friends. We loo forward to seeing you back again soon. Take care.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We love water parks and this one is fantastic. With an indoor and outdoor park it offers something for all weather and every type of activity you could want. We ate at several of the restaurants and had the best service from our server at the Wisconsin brew pub, Alyssa. We highly recommend that you use look into the packages that they offer. It made the entire trip worth the money. We also liked the fact that we were able to charge almost everything to the room and pay when we checked out.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. When booking, package deals are sometimes the best way to book if you're looking for some added savings. Wisconsin Brew Pub is our newest restaurant on property. Thank you for all of the compliments and I will be sure to pass on your note about Alyssa. Being able to charge everything to the room and then take care of finances upon checkout is just one way we like to make everything about your getaway smooth and convenient. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Good morning! I just wanted to leave a nice, informative review for our recent stay at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dell's. My husband and I stayed in the Whirlpool Suite Room at Kalahari from June 28 to July 1. We used the outdoor water park, indoor water park, indoor theme park, and ate at Ivory Coast & the Great Karoo. We bought the "Night Out" package. My husband and I are both 25 years old, no children yet! We have full-time careers and needed a nice, get-away vacation after a long year of working! We are very careful with our money, using a budget, and saving for things in life! We saved for this vacation and chose Kalahari to spend our saved $$$. :)

I have visited Kalahari in Wisconsin Dell's before. My parents used to take my sister's and I to Kalahari Resorts when we were younger. I remember my dad trying to convince me to ride down the "Tanzanian Twister" or try the FlowRider. I have great memories of Kalahari as a kid! Fast forward, and now I am married. When looking for a vacation destination, Kalahari was at the top of our list for this summer! I wanted to create great memories with my husband at Kalahari, just as I have from my childhood at Kalahari.

Everything went very well with reserving our room and stay at Kalahari. The lady was very kind, informative, and had no problem answering our questions. Check-in was great, and we were very pleased with our room. It was clean, comfortable, and up to date. We unpacked and got ready for the waterpark. It was GREAT! Clean, friendly lifeguards, and pleasant. Sure, it was busy, but that's understandable with being at a waterpark in the middle of summer! Master Blaster is our favorite. I bought a Kalahari t-shirt at the store outside! The next day we went to the indoor theme park. Again, fantastic! Overall, a good experience. My husband and I definitely got our workout on the ropes course! My husband is afraid of heights, and he even enjoyed it! Way to go, Kalahari! :) The bowling alley was fun, laser was a blast, and my husband loved the virtual shooter simulation game.

We also went back to the waterpark in the afternoon. Now, I have to be honest... I felt like a kid again. When I was a kid, I was always scared of the FlowRider, so I never lasted long before wiping out. I'm not sure who the lifeguards were running this ride on Sunday during the day, but they were FANTASTIC! I'm 25 years old and I finally felt at ease with this ride. I was able to stay on the surf board for longer than 5 seconds and I was able to get up on my knees with their guidance. It was cool because I wasn't even paying for lessons. I appreciated it and even at 25 years old, I called my dad soon after to tell him that I finally did it! Haha!

Anyways, dinner was very tasty at Ivory Coast and the waiter was very kind. In addition, our breakfast at the Great Karoo was awesome! We tipped both waiters very well for our meals. I hope they know they are appreciated! Our waitress at the Great Karol was pregnant and she was still so friendly.

There is much more that I could share about our stay at Kalahari. No worry, it's all great compliments! We had a hard time packing up, checking out today, and leaving yesterday. Sad to go, but we will definitely be back eventually. My husband and I even talked about how we will bring our own children someday when that time comes. Kalahari has definitely been a blessing when a quick get-away is needed and we appreciate it! It is neat to say that my parents took me as a child, now I get to enjoy it with my husband, and in the future we will bring our own kids. Thanks for the fun, Kalahari!

Now can I get a free night stay pass to come back sooner, because I know we are going to start saving our money to come again and I want to come back soon! (Haha)

Hope this review helps.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jcfreri2012

WOW is all I can say. I really appreciate the review and I can only imagine the nostalgia you must have been going through. Year after year, being able to see the additions and renovations throughout our resort is really a great experience. I am thrilled to hear that your room, the staff, your meals, and the cleanliness of our Resort and our Waterpark was all very satisfactory for you. The Master Blaster is definitely my favorite ride at the Indoor Waterpark. How cool that you were able to get up on the Flowrider and then brag to your dad, what an amazing accomplishment.
We hope that someday you will be able to bring your kids here so that they can start to create the memories that you and your family share with Kalahari Resort. Thank you again for such a great review. Take care!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Kalahari is an awesome resort for kids and adults. My family and I have visited every summer for the past 8 years and have never been disappointed. Every year, there is something new to look forward to and they are always looking for ways to add on new attractions. From the AMC movie theater, to the theme park to both of the water parks, there is no way that you should be upset with your experience. The food in the Ivory Coast is awesome and even the pizza in the snack bar is really good. The rooms are comfortable and the music at the outdoor water park turns everyone into dancing machines.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the sound of the water and music, that won't wake you up if your patio doo...
1  Thank MrsLSB1106
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We are so thrilled that you have been visiting now for 8 years! From your perspective, I bet it has been very cool to see all of the additions and renovations, not only of the waterpark, but also from the addition of the Indoor Theme Park to the award winning floor in the main lobby. The rooms facing the outdoor waterpark can brighten any mood during the daytime. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you and your family back next year, if not before.