“AMAZING GETAWAY” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

We can't find prices for this hotel
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“AMAZING GETAWAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great family getaway! we took our two boys 15 and 9 yr old and our 3 yr old daughter. we love the waterparks! awsome arcade for kids, rooms are nice and clean, friendly environment, the 4th of July Fireworks were a BLAST Literally! love the food at the Ivory Coast restaurant, but NOT at the Great karoo where the food is awful and too greasy, that upset our stomatchs. But an AMAZING experience overall. we all LOVE IT!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for spending your 4th of July with us! I am so happy to hear that your two boys and daughter just LOVED our waterparks! I'm also happy to hear that they enjoyed playing around in the arcade. I am sorry to hear that the food at the Great Karoo didn't completely agree with you. Besides that, all in all, it sounds like you had an amazing experience. Thanks again for sharing!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Took our 9 yr old son and 8 yr old daughter for three nights. We were only going to stay 2 nights but our kids were having soooo much fun we booked a third night. Between the indoor & outdoor water parks & indoor theme park and arcades we kept busy. Everything was so CLEAN. The staff were all friendly. It wasn't very busy while we were there so that was a huge plus. June 30 - July 2.
We didn't take our 4 & 2 yr old girls but they would have loved it too. My wife thinks it's actually too big for our little ones so we might take them back to GWolf Ldge, it's smaller and less "thrilling" lol. Surprisingly their prices are not bad. We bought the water park and theme park passes and it is worth it. I think my son played 50 games of lazier tag and my daughter climbed the rock wall two dozen times. DO THE ROPE COURSE (Jordan was an awesome attendant - he coached my daughter to the top of the rock walls), ride the indoor Farris wheel, and the UPSIDE DOWN SPINNY RIDE as my kids called it. Nascar simulator too! Have fun!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank 4kidsadvisor
I am so thrilled to hear that your 9 year old son and 8 year old daughter had a fabulous time with us. I hope they enjoyed their time riding slides and rides at both the Indoor & Outdoor Waterparks. I'm glad you were able to stroll down the hall to the Indoor Theme Park as well. The Ropes Course and Climbing Wall are definitely my 2 favorite things to do within the Theme Park. Great choices! We appreciate the comments on how clean we keep our resort. We are continually cleaning around the clock to make sure each guest has the best experience with us. Take care and we'll see you back soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel, water parks (both inside and outside), and theme parks were absolutely amazing! I highly recommend this resort for families who want to have FUN! Very affordable, and it's a one-stop shop...we didn't leave the resort for 3 days!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hey Missy! We appreciate the kind words. We pride ourselves in giving our guests everything they need under 1 roof. From the waterpark, to the lobby, to the numerous dining options, to the Indoor Theme Park, Condos, Hotel, Convention Center, Retail Shops and other activities, there is no need to leave the resort during your entire getaway! I am glad to hear that you all had a wonderful time. We look forward to seeing you again on your next getaway!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This is our third summer coming to the Dells & the highlight of our trip is always the time we spend at the Kalahari!! The Family Fun pack gives you the most bang for your buck with breakfast both days, pizza and drinks, $50 towards dinner, indoor theme park wristbands and bowling & shoes. Staff is friendly especially in indoor theme park. They interact great with the kids. Can't wait til next summer! Thanks Kalahari!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Wonderwoman513
We appreciate your comment of the Best Resort in the Dells. It means a lot to us that you have been coming up for 3 summers and always have an enjoyable time with us. All of our package deals, like the Family Fun Pack, are a great way to experience extra amenities of the Resort without having to empty your wallet. The Indoor Theme Park is a great way to have fun if you're looking to stay dry for part of your getaway. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you back soon!
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I took my 13 yr old son and his 2 friends to Kalahari the first week in July and it was a great time! As anyone with teenagers know, it's a little hard to please them and find things that they like to do! Well that was not a problem here! There was never a dull moment here.. They all loved both waterparks - had the right amount of 'beginner' slides (for myself! :) ) and the thrill slides that the three of them loved! The indoor theme park was the place to be when they wanted a break from the water.. TONS to do here.. bowling, go-carts and the arcade games were a hit with these three.. Also found time for the miniature golf, laser tag, obstacle course.. and more! I rented a cabana for both days but after spending only 10 minutes in it the first day, i called and cancelled the morning of the 2nd day.. well not only did I not get charged for that 2nd day but they also refunded me for the 1st day! How great is that?!Lost of places to eat with wonderful food right on the resort and things stay open pretty late if you get the munchies like the boys did.. Everyone was very friendly and personable and seemed to actually love what they do! I have already recommended Kalahari to a friend of mine who is heading up to the Dells in August and i am sure I will return as well! Thanks for a great stay!

2 Thank travel22222
Thank you for giving Kalahari Resorts a try. I am so pleased to hear that your teenagers all had a wonderful time with us and found plenty to do. How cool that you were able to try the Indoor Theme Park as well! It sounds like you really got lucky with the cabana situation. Bonus! I am glad to hear that everybody was friendly and you all had a great time. Thanks again and we'll see you back soon.
lenexa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The resort has a lot of activities that the kids enjoyed. I did have one major issue with the room that was handled very poorly by Kalahari management. We found bacteria growing on the ceiling of our bathroom. I approached the front desk and asked for a manager. I got a supervisor instead who I showed the photo to. I told her I was concered that it was mold and wanted them to look at the room. The supervisor (Stephanie) sent over house keeping who promptly cleaned the ceiling (not sure how?). The supervisor called me back to let me know that they cleaned the ceiling of the bathroom and they found it to be a mildew instead of a mold. I asked how they determined that it wasnt mold and she said they perform tests to determine (Lie #1). She went on to offer me a round of putt putt golf or a pizza? Offended by her offer, disgusted by the room, and concerned for our health. I asked for the results of the test and she said she would call and get back to me. No call back, so I went back to the front desk and asked for a manager agian. This time I was approached by Manager #1 (Amy). I explained my concerns with the Manager, who proptly told me they dont share the tests results with the guests (Lie #2). She went on further to tell me that she doubted it was mold. I asked her how she knows without looking at anything. She said she trusts her staff. I continued to question her and give her my concerns and she threatened to call security on me. In steps in next Manager (Kyle) who I assume is Manager #1's boss. Appologizes for Amy's treatment and acutally looks into the issue throughly. Kyle found out that they do not have any means on site to test for mold (which confirms I was lied to by Stephanie and Amy). Said they were able to remove it with a broom and bleach? Not sure making the particles airborne is good. He finally asked if I wanted to change rooms and stated that they would be doing a detailed investigation of the room upon my checkout. No other compensation was offered. I guess I should have taken the pizza in exchange for my family to be exposed to mold for the week. What a joke!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank kc4nebr
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
We are so very thrilled your family had an enjoyable time taking advantage of all the additional amenities. Thank you so much for sharing! I did speak with Kyle and I am very glad to hear that we were able to get this cleaned up for you and get you taken care of. I do apologize that this occurred at all. Thank you again for letting us know. Our housekeeping team is very aware of your concerns and we are adjusting to ensure we tackle the dust from the vents every time. Again, we are so thankful that you have brought this to our attention. As Kyle mentioned, he has connected with Amy and Stephanie. I hope that we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon to show you the experience you not only would expect but deserve. Take care and hope to see you soon.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed at Kalahari in Wisconsin 4th of July weekend. We've made a family tradition of visiting Kalahari a few times of year with our children. I feel like the quality hotel is not what it used to be. There were cobwebs in our room and our nightstands (and everything on it) were covered in dust. There were washcloths left on the floor of the shower for two days. The washcloths and the cups were never replenished, we had to call for more nightly. The toiletries provided in the room used to be wonderful, now they are low quality and have a terrible odor. On the positive side, the kids loved the waterparks. And our service at the cabanas was wonderful! The beds are really comfy and we love the set up of a two bedroom suite for our family. We also really enjoyed the Double Cut restaurant. We spend thousands of dollars a year at Kalahari, but after this visit we feel like it isn't worth it any more and are looking for new options for our next holiday. (As a side note, I did email the resort and fill out their online comment card over a week ago and got no response at all.)

Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NewKidInTown
We love and truly appreciate having you as our guest time and again. Thank you for taking the time to connect with us. I am sorry that you have not received a comment back yet from us. I would love to look into this for you as this does not seem to be our standard. Please connect with me directly at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com and I will ensure you are all taken care of. I apologize you had to reach out to multiple people. Very much looking to connect directly. Thank you for your time and hope to see you again soon!