“3rd time wasn't a charm.”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“3rd time wasn't a charm.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This was our third stay at the Kalahari resort. It was just as disappointing as the first. The pool areas were dirty, the prices for snacks were outrageous. The sno cones were reasonable but it took over thirty minutes to get one. The best part of our stay was the Bell man Patrick. He was knowledgeable, helpful, courteous and tried his darnedest to make our stay start out right.

2 Thank samagust01
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
While I appreciate you taking the time to review us, I am very disappointed to hear about your experience and so appreciate you sharing this with us. Please know, I have already taken your feedback and connected with our management team. We will be addressing your concerns. However, I would love to look into this further for you. Would you please email me your contact info:SocialConnect@KalahariResorts.com. I hope that I have the opportunity to connect with you soon. Take care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
Oak Lawn, Illinois
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We have stayed here about 4 times over the last few years. Overall, the waterparks are great. The rooms are fine, as long as you are on a higher floor. My only complaint with the rooms is with the showers. There is absolutely no water pressure. Its impossible to feel clean. Also, I did not like the fact that I could not order a regular sized Margarita at the pool bar. I was told it is on the Monster drink menu. They serve it in this big, reusable glass for $25??? $16 for a refill. Really? I asked the bartender why I couldn't order just a regular sized drink, and he told me because it is on the special menu, along with every other tropical drink that one may want while sitting by the pool. That is ridiculous and insulting! I couldn't have what I wanted because I wasn't willing to spend $25. Talk about feeling ripped off! Hopefully this gets changed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa B
Hi Lisa. Thank you for your loyalty and I am glad to hear that you enjoy your trips to our waterpark. I apologize about the specialty drinks situation. Yes, you are able to get one of the specialty drinks in a regular sized cup, not just a Monster glass. I sent a not over to the food and beverage department to make sure all bartenders are aware of this. I am so sorry you were informed wrong information. On your next trip to the Resort, I hope that you are able to try the specialty drink that sounds good to you. Thanks again and take care!
Janesville
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My kids are 13, 11 & 6. We all had so much fun! The hotel & water parks are huge, very clean, & the staff were very friendly. The food & restaurants are priced pretty good too.
We can't wait to come again!! :)

• Stayed July 2014
Hi Shannon. I'm so pleased to hear that the kids and you all had a wonderful time in our Waterpark and you were very pleased with our resort. We strive to go above and beyond your expectations and I am glad we were able to do that for you. Thanks again and we'll see you back soon.
McHenry, Illinois
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Accommodations are very nice- lots of options for food. Jonathan at the bar was very friendly and we loved the Brew
Pub was a great place for dinner. Definitely ask for Jennifer as your server. Beautiful desserts at the hotel. Loved taking a picture with a baby tiger. We stayed in the hut rooms, which were the least expensive rooms. They were lovely, but a far walk from the lobby and waterpark.

1 Thank Jodie60050
Hi Jodie. Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed a lot of the amenities within our Resort, from the restaurants, to the baby tigers, and especially the waterpark. It sounds like you all around enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for the review and take care.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My kids really loved this resort!! There is a lot to do but it can be expensive. Check for packages on the site or call booking directly, they have some nice ones they can offer. Do not stay off the main hall that goes to the fun park. A lot of foot traffic.

• Stayed April 2014
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear that your kids enjoy spending time at Kalahari. I hope they love some of the attractions we provide within the Waterpark. We do offer weekly Beat the Clock deals on Facebook and many other specials on our website that include extra savings and value. Be sure to always check those out. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Windsor
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had a grate vacation last summer with my kids and I got a very good price for lodge suite I paid 250$ for 2 night my kids want to go agin this summer but it was so difficult to find the same price it is so sad that you don't down the price for lodge suit I hope I can get the same price my email is abirmuslemani@hotmail.com

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Abourat
Hello. I am glad to hear that your kids and you had a great time visiting Kalahari last summer and we able to get a Lodge Suite for a great value. I apologize we are not able to give rates out individually over social media. Please follow Kalahari Resorts on Facebook and check our website often for great deals that are usually posted weekly. Thanks again and we hope to see you back again soon!
Mississippi
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Kalahari was a fun place to stay. My kids ages 16 down to 9 loved the indoor water park. The outdoor park was okay, but they preferred to stay inside. The room was adequate, but nothing spectacular. We were in a suite with 3 beds and 2 bathrooms. Our room was not available until about 5 pm even though check in time is earlier. We were given wrist bands and told we could use the water park, but I don't like having no where to put my things when I arrive. The first room did not have a functioning air conditioner so after the first night we were moved to another floor. They did respond to our request to have the ac checked very quickly. The second room was much better since it was cool. We ate outside the hotel complex due to prices so I can't comment on the food in the hotel. The stay was a bit pricey, but would probably do it again. Be prepared to walk a long way to the lobby and the water parks from your room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SWC2
We just loved having you and can't thank you enough for sharing your past experience with us! So glad to hear the kiddos loved the waterparks. I hope that you were able to take advantage of the other included amenities like Tommy Bartlett and TImbavati admission as well. With everything under one roof, it can be a longer walk depending on where your room is. I'm glad to hear this didn't discourage you too much. We are very much looking forward to seeing you again. Thank you so much for your time! Take care!