“Clean and fun”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #6 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We usually go to either the Wilderness Resort or Kalahari when in Wisconsin Dells. This year we went to Kalahari again. As usual it was very clean and I like the fact that they have white sheets so you KNOW they are clean. The room was great - only complaint was the pull out sofa bed was garbage. I doubt anyone could sleep on it including kids. You could only feel springs when you touched it. The only other thing I wasn't thrilled about was that the reservation people didn't tell me that you had to have closed toed shoes when you go on rides in the theme park. My kids only brought sandals with them so that meant they would have to borrow crocs in order to go on some of the rides. They weren't too happy about that so skipped doing some of the things in the theme park. I really think the reservation people should specify that fact when you are making the reservation and they are selling you a package that includes the theme park.

Room Tip: I would stay on the top floor if you want complete quiet. You can hear some people in the hallway at...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathy H
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hello Kathy. We thank you for choosing Kalahari on your visits to Wisconsin Dells. I am so happy that you were all able to experience both the waterpark and the Indoor Theme Park. I apologize about the miss-communication involving close-toed shoes. We appreciate your feedback and I am sending the note to our reservations department. Again, we appreciate your review ans we hope to see you back again on your next trip to Wisconsin Dells.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,942)

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My daughter is playing in the justagame basketball tourney and we made reservations for Friday night August 8. The brackets came out and the team plays the late game on Saturday do we decided to stay Saturday night instead. After talking to the reservation department we were told staying on Saturday instead of Friday would cost an extra $70. Lots of parents were very upset. It's not like we are not showing up and they can't sell the room. This is a real joke. I would not spend another night at that resort and I wound encourage others to look for cheaper resorts. The people I talked to had no consideration and really didn't care how a customer felt. We don't make the big bucks and I find it hard for a company that makes millions of dollars can't help out.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank weigmanm
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

First we would like to wish your daughter & her team best of luck in the JustaGame basketball tourney this weekend! I do apologize for your frustration, however we do have minimum stay requirements for most summer weekends. I would love the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email me your contact info toSocialConnect@KalahariResorts.com and I will be happy to connect you with our team awaiting your reply. Thank you again for your time. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I arrived at the Kalahari at around 6pm on a Sunday evening. There was a short lineup (2-3 people) for check in, which should have only taken a few minutes to get through. We were in line waiting for at least 25-30 mins before we got to speak with someone. After 13 hours of driving we just wanted to get checked in quickly and the delay was a bit frustrating.
We had the whirlpool room, which was beautiful and the balcony had a very nice view of the outdoor water park. There was also a fireplace in our room. The cost was a bit steep but overall we were satisfied.
We tried the Ivory Coast restaurant - the food was amazing! I highly recommend it. We also went to the Double Cut Grill. This restaurant was very expensive and overall not worth the price.
The waterparks at the resort were both great! my husband and I especially loved the Master Blaster (roller coaster) slide in the indoor park.
Overall we had a great time at the Kalahari and would recommend it to families or couples :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josiegraham
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for making the 13 hour drive to visit our Resort! I apologize your room wasn't ready as you arrived. The Whirlpool Room is a fun way to relax while taking it easy in your own guestroom. I am happy to hear you were able to try some of the dining that we offer on site. Ivory Coast and Double Cut have such different but relaxing atmospheres. Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for two nights with poor weather. It was early June and in the 60's. However, we paid minimally to upgrade to a suite. It was great. Walk out entry to the outdoor pool, quick walk to the indoor pool area and arcades. Wonderful visit.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank apetro890

Thanks for reviewing your experience from your recent visit with us in June. I am so glad that you were able to experience a suite at our Resort! It's such a bonus that you were close to both of the waterparks as well! Again, I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful visit. Thanks again and we'll see you back again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a family trip for two families. We had adjoining rooms which made it even more fun. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds with a pull-out sofa. The rooms are large and roomy which we appreciate. The resort is very clean. The waterparks (indoor and outdoor) are awesome too. It was nice to be able to go bowling in the evening. The kids loved the video games/arcade/indoor amusement center. Stayed for 4 nights with waterpark and indoor amusement prices included in rate....very nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bbaker1486559

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on Kalahari Resort. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and that both the Indoor & Outdoor Waterparks were very awesome and enjoyable. The bowling that we offer at the Indoor Theme Park is a great way to spend the evening. Take care and we hope to see you all back again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We arrived on a Thursday afternoon, early check-in was not available. That was the only downside to this trip. Our room (Royal African Queen Suite) was spacious and clean. The balcony view overlooked the outdoor waterpark. The staff was attentive to our needs (handicapped accessible), and fulfilled our requests. The food was overpriced, as expected, but satisfactory not special. Overall its a great place as far as waterpark resorts go. We certainly recommend you check it out.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Raimundo H
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hi Raimundo. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Resort and that the African Queen Suite was big and accessible for you all. I hope you were able to try a few of the activities in the Waterpark during your stay. Thank you for the compliments on our staff. We are continually training around the clock to make sure each member is well trained. Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This was a family trip. We stayed in an entertainment villa. Staff at the resort were professional and courteous. The facility is clean and well maintained. We also had a bungalow in the water park. Depending on the size of your group, would recommend reserving one.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for such a great review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Entertainment Villas are a great way to visit the Resort with a larger family or group. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time at the Waterpark! Bungalows are a great way to keep track of everyone and establish a "home base" at the Waterpark. We appreciate your recommendations and look forward to seeing you back again soon! Take care!