“Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This seemed to be a great resort - both the indoor and outdoor waterparks had a great variety of attractions. Our kids especially liked the indoor surfing area where lifeguards assisted them in learning to surf. The lifeguards in this area were amazing with kids of all ages and made the learning experience fun and success-assured.

Cost was a big issue though. We couldn't afford to go to the theme park, so we stuck with the water park. The only reason we went to Kalahari was because we were attending a conference there and got a hefty discount - otherwise, this stay would have been out of our price range.

There was the added value of a complimentary summer package which included tickets for our family to go to the Timbvati Wildlife Zoo and the Tommy Bartlett Water Ski show. This gave us a great reason to check out the Dells area and also do some shopping while we were out at the Tanger Outlet Mall.

All in all, it was a great experience that our family would love to do again . . . when we can afford it!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hello! We're happy to hear you had a great experience while here at Kalahari! The indoor surfing is a popular attraction, I'm glad you're kids especially enjoyed that. I'd like to suggest some of our packages when you're looking to come visit us again, we have some that include Food & Beverage, Theme park even the outlet mall! You can also check out our Facebook page, we have specials we post their for our fans as well!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
Jackson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed in the African Safari Suite. It was everything that was promised and more. The room was spotless. The view of the outdoor water park was great! The facility is well maintained, properly staffed and kept clean. You can have a wonderful vacation and never leave the property. We expected excellence and we got it. But better than excellent was our guest service rep, DONNA. that checked us in. Of course, she was very knowledgeable on the facility making sure to hit the bullet points of the hotel, and that we had all the info we might need. What an extraordinary person! She makes you feel as if you are the most important guest that has ever checked into the hotel. She gets 5 stars! Thanks Donna---Kathy and the Brockner family!!

Omaha
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I have spent the past two days trying to book a room. The first person I talked to gave me room rates for 3 different room types. I booked one of those. 24 hours later, I called to upgrade to a suite. Three phone calls later, all with them promising to call back, I finally called a 4th time and spoke to a manager. Apparently, their rates went up by $60 per night for the room since yesterday. I hope our stay there is better than their reservation service.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had making your reservation. Our rates can fluctuate daily. I'd like to put you in touch with our management team. Will you please email your contact info to me at SocialConnect@KalahariResorts.com.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Just love this place. It is a good value for your money. It is not a money pit because you can put money on the kids cards in the arcade and when they run out, they can be done, and there is plenty else to do so they are not bored and can quickly move on. There just isn't enough time to even do it all. We stay in the 2 bedroom, 2 bath and it's perfect for me, my husband, our son and his wife, and the two grandkids. This is a gift to our son's family for Christmas each year. The last two years we used it as a winter get away for the weekend. This year the grand kids wanted to do it in summer and have both water parks available. They just loved it. It's always clean when we visit, the staff is great, just can't complain. Even thinking about planning a family reunion here. Our room was on a main hallway and it was not even noisy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Wow! Thank you for the stellar review. I am so thrilled to hear that you and your family had a great time with us. The grandkids must LOVE the waterparks! In the summertime it's really cool that they all get to enjoy both the Indoor and Outdoor waterparks. I'm also happy to hear that the rooms have always been nice and enjoyable. Take care and we hope to see ya back soon.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

From the moment we walked in someone wanted to help us. The front desk gave us a room upgrade that made our trip not just enjoyable but also relaxing. My 5 Year old and my 14 year old had room to do their own thing and we had room to relax.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hi Bonnie. It's so great to hear that you enjoyed your Best Trip Ever! What a bonus that you got an upgrade! I hope you were able to spend some time in the waterpark with your children. Thanks for the review and we'll see you back soon!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed at the Kalahari for three nights with kids ages 8 and 11. Overall we had a pretty good stay. We had a room in the main building with a small balcony overlooking the outdoor waterpark. We enjoyed the view, but that side of the hotel is very noisy because the waterpark music and the highway right beside it. Windows did block most of the noise and we didn’t have trouble sleeping at night. The location of our room was good because everything was close by. The hotel and waterparks were very clean. Service in the hotel was good, check in was fast and smooth. Both waterparks have slides for kids of all ages and my kids had a great time. I was expecting very long line ups in August and I was pleasantly surprised. We also purchased wrist bands for the amusement park which are valid for the duration of your stay. My kids enjoyed the activities, even though not everything is included. It gave them something to do when they were done with the waterparks. The only complaint I have about this hotel is that the room décor in main building is dated and the furniture not very functional. Our room only had a very small dresser under the tv and a tiny table with 2 chairs. There was very little counter space to put things on and I felt like I was constantly looking for something in our suitcases. Considering the price of this resort I think these rooms should be renovated.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us at Kalahari on your first visit to Wisconsin Dells. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the Waterparks and the service within our Hotel. We appreciate the feedback and I am sorry to hear that the room seemed a bit outdated. We continually work to improve our Resort and so we appreciate the comments. Thanks again for the review, take care, and we hope to see you back again soon.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My family and I stayed at the Kalahari resort for the first time this year. We usually stay at the Wilderness Resort each summer. The Kalahari hotel room had much more updated, modern look vs the traditional look of the Wilderness. The rooms were very clean and the beds are comfortable. In comparing the waterparks, the Wilderness definitely has a lot of variety compared to the Kalahari. The Wilderness has 3 indoor and 3 outdoor parks vs. 1 indoor and 1 outdoor park. I didn't think I was going to enjoy the smaller selection, however the Kalahari definitely lives up to its standards. They offer just enough for the thrill ride seekers and the smaller kids. The water was a bit chilly in the outdoor parks but tolerable. The theme park was a lot of fun! They have mini golf, arcade games, laser tag, and a simulated arcade shooting game and much more. The only disappointment was the go carts. The wait was about 45 minutes or longer and they don't go very fast at all. I would definitely recommend at least a two night stay so that you can experience all the fun!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Hello Alyssa.Thank you for giving Kalahari a try on this trip to Wisconsin Dells. I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room and yes, we do live up to our standards as we strive to go above and beyond expectations. I'm pleased you were able to spend some time at the Indoor Theme Park during your visit. I hope you were able to try the bowling for a few games! I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with the Go Karts. We appreciate the feedback as we continue to make our Resort greater with every visit. Again, we appreciate you staying with us at Kalahari and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Wisconsin Dells.