“Awsome Place With New Theme Park!!!”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Greendale
“Awsome Place With New Theme Park!!!”
Reviewed 11 March 2009

This place is a fun place for families or if your with friends. The lobby has a uniqe theme of the safari wilderness, as they have stores, photo stations, bar, etc. Our stay was for Christmas Break. Even know the Theme park was open when we where there, I here great reviews for it though. Go-carts, rock wall, ropes coarse, bowling, etc. To break to the point, it a great place to go if your a water park lover.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank mudhen10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
Milwaukee
Reviewed 9 March 2009

While booking the room, my sister called 3 different times and received 3 different rates for the same night. Upon arrival, check in was slow but eventually we made it to our room. The waterpark was fun but 2 of the adult slide were shut down. For dinner we decided to order room service from Damons. The burgers were undercooked and the fries were soggy, not to mention they gave me the wrong entree. The beds were horribly uncomfortable and I actually kept rolling into by niece because the center was concave. We stayed in room 3200 and all night people were running above us. While checking out my sister brought all this to the front desk's attention and they offered us free amusement park passes....this includes rock climbing, ropes course, mini golf, go karts and the ferris wheel! For $350 a night for 4 adults and 1 child, the whole experience was a waste!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Jodilynnm
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed 3 March 2009

From Ann Arbor, MI for 3 straight winters, we have headed to Dells, WI for a 3 nights stay at the fabulous Kalahari Resort. My daughter, two grandkids, a family friend and I stayed in the Village Suite which is a condo. It did not disappoint. Three very large, gorgeous bedrooms, with dining bar, kitchen, and comfy room for watching our big screen TV. Of course each room had its own flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, bathroom, patio, and safe as well. It was a nice little hike to the main building. However, there was so much to see on our way that we hardly noticed the distance. There are places to sit and leisurely dine, faster food if you prefer, shop, have a portrait made, hair braided, play arcade games, or sit quietly by the fireplace and ponder what to do next. The indoor Theme Park is probably much larger than you're thinking. It's really QUITE big. With a ferris wheel, climbing wall, rope course, go karts, golf, laser tag, bowling alley, games, etc., it's really easy to see why. My grandkids were there for three or four hours! They would have stayed longer, but I was tired! Now for the Water Park. It's HUGE! It's like no other indoor water park you've seen. Fun water activities everywhere you look! You can even surf! That is, if you have the nerve! Maybe you prefer lazying down the river on an inner tube. Or if you're like me, you might just prefer sitting back on a lounge chair watching others do those fantastic things in water. Now you probably can understand why my grandkids are already planning our next mid-winter break to the Kalahari Resort in the Dells. By the way, I almost forgot to tell you something. There's a Damon's Restaurant there also, and a movie theatre. And guess what? All of this fun is under ONE ROOF!!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank funlver
Milwaukee
Reviewed 3 March 2009

My boyfriend and I recently stayed overnight the resort. We were in the sands room 1109, which was a nice, expensive room. When waking up Saturday the 21st, I went to take a shower and there was no hot water at all. I called the desk around 8:30 requesting someone to come and fix this. An hour later nothing has happened, still cold water. I called the front desk again and requested to speak with a manager. I got disconnected. Called back again and the front desk said the manager will call back. More time goes by and now it is almost 10:00 when the manager calls back. All that she said she could do for us is give us 2 extra hours to check out since we both have not showered yet and check out is in ONE hour. I kept going back and forth with her and she said that giving us this time was all that she could do for us. This is the LEAST I expected her to do, there was no way I could get ready and be gone by 11:00. We had plans later that day and couldn’t even enjoy the water park because we were stuck in our room ALL MORNING dealing with having no hot water. I am VERY disappointed with this trip because I couldn’t even enjoy half of it because I was stuck in the room. The customer service skills lacked greatly in this example, every person I talked to was very short with me, and nobody was taking the time to help us out when it was your hotel that failed us.

Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank haras07
Homer Glen, Illinois
Reviewed 3 March 2009

This was our first trip to the Dells so we have nothing to compare it to. We shared a Two-Room Combination Suite with another family, so there was 8 of us and plenty of space, and by sharing the suite it's a very good deal. The suite had very nice furnishings, the beds were comfortable, and the kitchen had just about everything we needed. Since it was a full kitchen, wWe brought our food to save some money. We had waffles and bacon and saugage, every pot you would need for cooking a full meal was there plus plenty of dishware and a dishwasher! They provided you with paper towels, dishsoap and dishwasher soap for one wash. We loved the waterpark, everything was great there, there is something for everyone and several hottubs spread out. We had no trouble getting seating. The refillable souvenir cups at $10 for soda was a great deal. Was not too impressed with the new Indoor Amusement Park - it's just a glorified game arcade. Needs more actual rides than games, half which didn't work because you couldn't purchase tokens. The kids were dissappointed with the prize selection - you didn't get much for your ticket redemption. At least you were able to enter the amusement park with out a fee, and decide to pay the $20 if you wanted to take advantage of the limited rides and attractions. After an hour in the arcade, we decided not to stick around. The other reviews that mentioned the long walk to the rooms - the suites are located in "The Sands" building which is accross the parking lot and it's a long pedestrian walk-way through the convention center to the main resort building. At least it's indoors....it is quite a trek. The place is HUGE! But it has everything you need....we had no reason to leave the resort. Will definetly return, hopefully in the summer to try the outdoor waterpark.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 February 2009

My friends and I had planned a one night stay on a Thursday. We rented the village suite. We had a group of 12 people. We have stayed her before and know check is long and slow. So we were ready for this. had one couple in front of us . Took us 17 minuts to get checked in after them. Which is fast for them! Our room was ready , wonderful surprise since we had arrived about 2 hours early! We unpakced proceed to water park, which was a very long walk from Sands buidling to water park and much longer to new indoor theme amusement park are.! Hallways were very very cold in areas! had to walk thru conferance areas where people had been attending ! Not idela areas to walk with yelling kids excited to swim and only in bathing suits!
Over all water park was ok. Lots of construction and painting going on. Life guards were present not friendly but were there. Kids had had enough after about 3 hours so we went back to our villa. We started dinner and started showere. Lack of Towels! Called housekeeping! 5;30 pm . No towels yet at 6;45 so I called again, this time asking for towles , blankets and pillows and sheets, since one bed had dried blood stains on them! ICK! Housekeeping showed at 7:30 without the sheets! said he would be back, not his job! 1:30 am I walked to front desk! No manger on duty! Front desk offered me gloves to remove the sheets! By this time everyone was sleeping except yours truely which I had now gone to the floor! No way was I going to strip a bed and chage it with 11 others sleeping! Pretty bad to spenf 700@ night to sleep on a cold hard floor! They promised manger would call at 8 am. Never happened. Once again I went to front desk at 9. Started sory over againnnnnnnnnn! They called manger on duty. She was the first and only one to say she was sorry. and also said they had LIED to me that there was mangers on duty all night! hmmmm ? Since we were checking out they wasnt much she could do for us but wiished us a safe ride home! We left the resort alot early then we had hoped. But we did check out other hotels for a yearly summer stay and found The wildnerness resort very much to our taste. So we have booked our 12 family memebers for one week there this year instead of Kalahri. With there poor customer service and todays dollar worth so little I can take my buisness else where.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank wimom61
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed 27 February 2009

So my family and I, which consists of myself, my two children ages 9 and 6, and my mother have been going to the kalahari Resorts in Wisconsin Dells for the last three years and this year was amazingly even better than the previous.. ( I did not think that would be possible)!

The last two years my family and I stayed in the royal African Suites and we always did the family package which consisted of the upgrade to the suite, kids eat free for breakfast and dinner, 50 - 100 tokens and Free pizza with four pops, and tickets to the movie theatre. We are always so happy to get it and the cost was usually 129 a night.... so when I was looking online this year to do our annual trip I was lookig for the same deal and plus more because this time we invited a friend of the family and we really needed three rooms instead of two. I could not find that deal and I was not happy at all! So I looked into doing the village suite which is three bedrooms and it was looking to cost us about 2000 for three nights, a little steep for us. I played around with the reservation system online trying different packages while looking for the village suite. I finally came across the Kalahari Family Adventure which is set up a Hut room annd a suite upgrade for an additional fee and Pizza and pop for free as well as an inroom movie so when I resereved it turned out to be about 400 a night, we were ok with it, still high but spllitting three ways I could deal with it. So I payed the deposit of 437$ about 2 weeks in advance. So we were excited but I was still peeved that I could not find the same special as before.

Well needless to say I happened to call about three days later just to check on our reservation and got the biggest suprise ever... our price went from 400 a night to 200 a night.. I thought it was a joke and we were skeptical when we arrived on Feb 23 but yes we went from 400$ to 200$!!! Plus on top of that we recieved free pizza and pop for each nigh and we could either have 6 tickets to the movie theatre OR 3 in room movies!! and the in room movies you can do movies that are in the theatre NOW like SlumDog Millionare... that is actually charged at 12$ for free!!

The Village Suite was beautiful... large spacious and spread out... close and comfy for us as three famalies to join when we needed but when privacy or seclusion was needed it was easily done by closing the doors... lol... We could not even hear each other in the next room... such as my kids yelling or the tv on... that kind of thing. THe Village suites are in the Sands portion and if you are not up for a little exercise... check with reservation on which part you are staying in... It did not bother us in the bit we met friendly people, chance to see the sceneray, and it gave us oour daily exercise for the day.

The staff was GREAT.. everyone was extreamley friendly and courteous.
The Waterpark is always a lot of fun.. of course the lif guards look bbored.. they are college kids.. It is your responsibility as a parent to watch your child... not a lifeguards.. they are there to assist in life saving measures, not babysitters... The days we went it was not too busy.. the lines were short... we went during the week.

The Theme Park is magnificant!! Unbeatable, its huge, and you might as well get an all day wrist band so you can take it all in! The staff there was great as well... My kids and I tried the Ropes course, I am usually the fearless one, not afraind of heighrs or anything, but I got up there and was terrified and my kids were ahead of me, my youngest, my daughter was doing great and all of a sudden I froze and could not go any further... so the staff member up there I cant remember her name but she asked me if I was ok... and I said yes but please Im worried about my daughter who is six.. she was doing ok, but look you get t o a point on there where you have nothing to hold unto... so she went and helped my daughter and I have to say she was AWESOME!! I was able to calm myself knowing that my daughter was in good hands and got off the ropes course... My daughter did get scared in parts, but I am so proud of her she did it!! My son of course breezed through, but even he said it was scary at parts. The other highlite was the rock wall... that was alot of fun as well as Laser tag!!

The food is mediocore and expensive but hello what do you expect?! It filled us up and we enjoyed the setup of it all.

anyway the staff was great, the rooms wonderful, the themepark awesome, waterpark excellent, movies wonderful! I do a lot of research before I go anywhere esp the Kalahari so if you ever have any questions feel free to ask me!!

I hope this helps others and I hope other famalies have as great a time as my family and I did!

5 Thank UnbreakableCJ