“Never come to this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Mt. Olympus Resort

Mt. Olympus Resort
Ranked #64 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“Never come to this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

We made a reservation from Friday to Monday Dec 31st. This is the second night we are here. The first night we heard lots of noices from upper floor (we were in 10156 Rome) and the noises were so bad like several people playing soccer upstairs or jumping up and down, sort of like the whole room and ceiling was shaking! I complained to the front desk at about 10:45 PM and the woman said she would fix it and talk to the people in upper floor. We saw no fix, we all went to bed about 2 AM in the morning with headache. Next morning I talked to the man in front desk, and he said if happened again, I should complain. Well it was happing right then at about 8:30 AM, and I told him that I did not have any patience to put up with it. He said the quiet time was 11 PM and that is why probably they did not do anything the previous night.
I am wrinting this reivew at about 7:30 PM on Saturday, the noise and shake is so bad that you can not even relax for one minute in the room. It is beyond quiet time or non-quiet time.
I would say, you better not come here if you want to sleep at night or even day. WE have stayed in many hotels across the globe, bad and good, this one is far worse.

Room 10156 , at Rome
Mount Olympus , Wisconsin Dells

Room Tip: Do not come to this hotel at all and if you come, get a room in upper floor.
4 Thank Azy D
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
We do apologize for the inconveniences during your stay with us here at Mt. Olympus. We do strive to make sure that each of our guests leaves our resort with a great family experience. Each of our departments work together to make sure that our guests are not bothered during their stay with us.
With noise complaints we do always make sure to have staff members check the area where noise is being reported multiple times, this way we are able to ensure that noise is settled down. Our quite time does start at 11PM, if there are immediate issues prior to this time we will always do what is needed. Noise is a factor in all places, but we do try our hardest to keep things quiet for a peaceful stay.
We always do recommend that if there is any type of concern while staying with us, always bring this to our attention so we may immediately fix these issues.
We do hope that you will consider Mt. Olympus Resorts for a future stay.

Mt. Olympus Resort Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Hebrew first
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

I stayed here over the summer for the first time. I can't remember if this was a running promotion or just the way they do things...but we got to stay at the hotel while getting two days worth of passes to the theme park/water park for free. My husband and I thought we were getting just a regular room, but somehow we got upgraded to suite with a whirlpool and lot of living space for no extra charge. Thanks! I wasn't going to complain about that happening! I really didn't like the layout of the theme/water park (too much backtracking to get from point A to B) and I hated riding some of the roller coasters - too jerky! I was about to lose my cookies... but the water park was very fun! Due to the fact that I didn't enjoy the theme park too much I'll probably go somewhere else next year.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
We are always happy to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us here at Mt. Olympus and that your room accommodations were better then you expected. As for the theme park; we do hope that you do give us another chance. Keep in mind we will be having our new Hades 360 roller coaster coming this summer. We would love for you to come try it out! We hope to see you back with us again.
Wyanet, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

i made reservations two months in advance for a 3 day stay starting the day after christmas. we were sent to an offsite building we were aware of this. the building was empty and cold and the room was dirty. the housekeeping staff was friendly but they were the only ones. the waterpark staff and theme park staff were not friendly. my family and i will never return to mt. olympus.

2 Thank paul b
At Mt. Olympus Resort we do have numerous building locations available. If a guest is not happy with their building location we try our absolute best to get them into a building that would be more enjoyable for them. Our buildings are always staffed with housekeeping and maintenance staff to assist guests at any time. We would like for you and your family to give Mt. Olympus another chance. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us more enjoyable please contact me at 1-800-800-4997. Thank You

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Random Lake, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

I had made a reservation for a Christmas vacation. Ended up cancelling 6 days prior due to a medical issue of my husband. Was told the terms and conditions stated a $30 cancellation fee if you cancel up to 72 hours prior. I printed the T and C out and it did not say "up to" it said, "If you cancel 72 hours prior to check in time, you will be charged a $30 processing fee". No where does it say "up to 72 hours". They told me the confirmation was emailed to me twice and I never recieved it, and then told me they immediately sent the cancellation confirmation and it went thru and it has still not been recieved. Like I said, we didnt even get to stay, and had horrible service. The CS rep hung up on me when I read her the T and C, after calling me a liar. Never will I go to or recommend this facility to anyone.

3 Thank Chris B
We do apologize for any confusion with this situation. We do try to be as clear as possible when it comes to our policies. If you would like to contact me I would be more than happy to take care of this for you and any other issues you may have. Please contact me at 1-800-800-4997 Ext 677. Thank You
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

I love this place! They offer great value for the money and have a lot of options for any type of group. We stayed in the Blue Greens and the room was awesome. It had a kitchenette and 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms which was great because we had a couple girls all trying to get ready at the same time. We are planning another trip there in a few months and I'm already looking forward to going back!!

• Stayed August 2012
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
We're glad to hear your group enjoyed themselves here at Mt. Olympus and that you were happy with your room accommodations. The staff here at Mt. Olympus hope to see you here again in the future and hope your next vacation with us is just as memorable.

Mt. Olympus Resorts management
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

We decided to stay at Mt Olympus after riding past and seeing the improvements to the outdoor waterpark. Problem was way to many people, absolutely no place to sit. We walked around for at least a 1/2 hour trying to find an open chair. Long lines, way over crowded. The resort itself, i mean it's clean, but the staff is not very friendly and when we finally got our room we found there are no dressers, just 2 queen beds and 1 small t.v. Very basic set up. I think for the $ 233.00 they charged us for 1 night you can do your research and find a much better place to stay for the money. Over all, " Just Average".

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, 8 December 2012
We do apologize for the problems during your stay. As for your concerns with the park; with any tourist destination long lines and crowdedness are expected during the summer months. If you and your family are looking for a more slower time of the summer to enjoy our park I would recommend the first week or two of June or the last week or two of August. At these times the park is still fully accessible but not as busy.
Also here at Mt. Olympus Resort we do have numerous room styles available. If a guest is not happy with their room arrangements we try our absolute best to get them a room that would be more enjoyable for them. Please also keep in mind when you stay her at Mt. Olympus Resort our park tickets are included with your stay, otherwise a family of four just coming to the park for a day and not staying with us would be paying $39.99 plus tax a person. Your rate of $233.00 for a room and 2 days of park usage is actually a savings.
If you would like to discuss your stay further with me I would be more than happy to speak with you. I do hope that you would give Mt. Olympus another chance to make your next vacation memorable for you and your family.
Mt. Olympus Resort Managment
Newton, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

Rooms were nice...The Water Park was nice...Amusement Park nice....Staff NOT SO NICE! It was like we were bothering them. They were not busy so I don't believe that would be it. At the amusement park we were the only ones in it at noon and when our grandkids walked up to get on the rides the employee had to get up from sitting and gave a look to the kids like "Really". The Go Kart operator was the worst. Our 11 year old granddaughter had spun out on the track by the exit to park the karts so after he straightend her car out he motioned her to pull into the parking area...now we had riden them several times so she was use to them throwing a switch to slow them down so when she pushed on the pedal it took off and that really set him off...My son and I told him to calm down that she is only 11 and didn't know better, no harm was done. That was the point of no return for us, we left and never to return. There are plunty of other resorts in the area that we will give our money too. My advice...I guess you get what you pay for so go if you want but be warned...not a friendly place.

Room Tip: Don't go.....
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank vickiesguy
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, 18 November 2012
Mt. Olympus thanks you and appreciates your feedback. Part of our required uniform is a smile, as important as a shirt and shoes, with an attitude to back that smile up. This makes it even more upsetting that you felt our staff did not radiate the welcoming spirit that we strive to provide all of our guest. Your comments will be discussed with the department head and appropriate action taken.

Please feel free to contact us directly to discuss possibilities in improving the memories your family has of Mt Olympus Water and Theme Park Resort.

Mt. Olympus Resorts Management