Did my research and knew we could check in as early as 10am and hit the parks, even though room wouldn't be ready until 4pm. Was very cool to get all checked in and keys, then a text around 330pm saying the room # so we didn't have to "go back" for anything. Wrist bands allowed charging of everything from food/drinks at even small concession stands thru souvenirs and extra cost activities (i.e. Catapult, Laser Tag, etc.) so didn't need to carry cash to the parks. Price of room is a very good indicator of crowds you should expect. I didn't feel crowds were overly outrageous, we made sure to arrive when parks opened and leave during peak hours, then return later in the evening. Room had 2 queen beds and a bunk bed. I thought room was fine, certainly not brand new, but nice. I really liked the laminate floor, no carpet. It made the room feel more clean. We stayed in building #10. Parking was jam packed at night, so be ready to walk. Honestly for as close as building 10 is, and as far away as you have to park if you are not a Hotel Rome guest, you were better off to walk to the water parks. Indoor waterpark is sufficient, pretty small compared to other big resorts in the Dells. Outdoor waterpark was AWESOME! Outdoor theme park is fun for kids, go-carts and older coasters are all pretty jarring. Few rides for little kids (around age 5) were cute, and in good condition. Indoor theme park was nice, I would say great rides for ages 8-10 years old, such as teacups, bumper cars, mini drop ride. Opa Roller Coaster was nice smooth coaster, compared to outdoor roller coasters. Overall I really was impressed with the staff, 1 example was at the check in counter, my toddler started to throw a temper tantrum and her nose was running horribly when I picked her up, a young man who wasn't the agent helping me, noticed and brought me a box of tissue. I thanked him and wiped her nose and turned to look for a garbage and he had his hand out to offer to take the used tissue! I just smiled, chuckled and said "no that's ok, but thank you". Another example, me and 1 of my children bought tickets to go on the Catapult, the man who sold the tickets was very friendly, last name Clark, and offered the DVD of our ride for an extra fee, I wasn't sure, he laughed and promised it would be worth it (he was right) He also jokingly reminded me that there was audio on the recording, so be aware of what I said! We then got into the cage and were being strapped into place by the 2 young men working and they started a little conversation in front of us about a piece of cable they thought may have come off the ride, I was rolling, and my kid was freaking just a little bit, which in my opinion, made the experience more memorable, then 2 guys just securing you in your ride! A sweet young lady running the train, scooped my toddler up when she made it off the ride faster then I did, and smiled and chatted to her a bit. Young women in the parking booths, where they checked your parking passes were always smiling and welcoming. The life guards at Poseidon's Rage, were serious and focused on there job. I did not see 1 employee on a cell phone, and very few looking bored or disinterested. All in all I was just impressed at what a well oiled machine the resort seemed to be for as huge as it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort