“Worse Experience Ever”
Review of Mt. Olympus Resort

Mt. Olympus Resort
Ranked #66 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed in one of the "village" properties which has no employees on site. I have stayed at a Motel 6 in a bad neighborhood that was a better experience than this. The room was 40 degrees, the heater wasn't even plugged in. There was a sheet and a paper thin bedspread on the bed. Floors were laminate and rooms not soundproof. Other guests extremely loud around 12-2 am and nobody to tell them to keep it down. Stay and play free you say? Huh so what is the $20 "resort" fee then? Arcade and waterpark just so-so, nothing special, had to pay extra for any arcade games. Would not go back again.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the village unless you are okay with other rude guests being loud all night. No hotel...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank fallnangel22
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our management team would like to speak with you about your concerns and resolve these issues. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-800-4997 and ask for the manager on duty or email us at info@mtolympuspark.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We had a great family get together. The rooms and attractions were close and easy to have a large group meet and have lots of fun. The water park had great staff that did a wonderful job keeping an eye on the swimmers. They were quick to react and had lots of smiles for everyone. SO much to do for our different age ranges of kids and we are going back as soon as we can.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra M

Glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your room accommodations and the water and theme parks here at Mt. Olympus. I want to thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. We can't wait to see you and your family back with us soon! Thank you again!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed here at the end of summer when everyone's back in school and they had a great sale. The place was basically empty which is just how I like it. The outer water park was closed but the indoor was open along with the indoor and the outdoor amusement park. In the indoor water park they have like 4 big water slides which were pretty cool but my 3 years old daughter loved loved loved the kiddie water slides. I mean she kept going round and round on them. She had an absolute blast. Now I will say the indoor amusement park was pretty shabby. They really had nothing in there but the outdoor amusement park has huge roller coasters along with a kiddo part that again my daughter loved. I do wish they had a full sit down restaurant rather then just a small grill with hot dogs and hamburgers. They also had a bar but I was not able to go because of my daughter. The arcade room they had really didn't have anything really that interesting. The rooms were very clean and beds comfortable. Service did always forget to leave us new coffee or cups ETC. I also felt the majority of the staff was friendly I will say though that one girl I felt was quite rude. We had gotten a sales price but when we got there they told us something about three times as much which I knew was wrong. Now a mistake is not a huge deal it was just the way this one girl was speaking to me. Her tone was uncalled for and kept saying over and over "that is before taxes" with this nasty look on her face and after we proved her wrong didn't even apologize. But all in all it was a lot of fun and I felt the sales price was a good bargain. Now there normal prices are a little pricey though and I don't think I would stay there during peak season.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nikki s

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Resort. We always enjoy hearing how much children enjoy themselves in our parks. I will make sure to pass your concerns about the housekeeping service and front desk employee to the appropriate management so these issues can be taken care of. We do hope to see you and your daughter back with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We had a great time visiting the Dells in August at Mount Olympus. We love all the different accommodations options that they have as well as the opportunity to take advantage of all the park features and functions. Not only did we play at the pool all day and play sand volleyball but at night we went to Club Wett across the street. Everything is in close proximity and you don't really have to leave to have an enjoyable time. We are planning another trip in a few weeks and wouldn't stay anywhere else but Mount Olympus!

Room Tip: Be sure to stay at Hotel Rome! It's close to everything and the rooms are great!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda7117

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Mt. Olympus experience with us. We're glad to hear that you and your party enjoyed yourselves in our parks. We are excited to see you back with us in a few weeks. Thank you again!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My stay at Mt Olympus was great the kids really enjoyed it. it is a great place to stay with
water rides and amusement park together. I had the suite it was really comfortable. My only complain was the long lines and noise control over your head at night. I had a fear of going at first with some of the bad reviews about it. Over all it was a great stay. I am glad i checked it out for myself.

Room Tip: The Rome Hotel Building 1 and 2 are good, it's connected to the water park.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank efranklin02
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

It's so great to hear that your family enjoyed the water and theme parks along with the room accommodations! Thank you for giving us a try and being our guest. We hope to see you and your family back with us again in the near future! Thank you again!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I wanted to take my kids on a little vacation and Mt. Olympus fit the bill. We were in the heart of the Wisconsin Dells, but spent the majority of our time at Mt. Olympus. Plan on taking your own towels for the waterpark, and since the rooms had mini fridges and microwaves, we packed food and drinks to save money for other attractions, like the duck boats.

Room Tip: Rooms that are not attached to the resort as very nice, cheaper in price and away from the hustle an...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our resort. I'm glad to hear that your family enjoyed your room accommodations and parks. We do hope to see you back at Mt. Olympus in the near future! Thank you again!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I've stayed at Mt. Olympus three times and each time was fantastic! I have stayed at three different locations, and each room was clean and well appointed. Club Wett is amazing as well as everything to do on property!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

I want to take a moment to thank you for being such a loyal guest! We love to hear that our guests come back time after time to enjoy our resort and parks. We can't wait to see you again next time! Thank you again!