This is the first time I stayed at Mount Olympus and I probably won't be back unless there is a really good rate on a room and we don't need to use the watermark.
We stayed at Hotel Rome room during a Tuesday-Friday period in March and I was impressed with the size of the room. We didn't have problems with noise like other people did. It was challenging to find an elevator near where they recommended we park. My mother has a bad knee and we ended up having to go back to the lobby to use the elevator and then walk quite a ways to our room. I also had to get our room keys changed multiple times. We had two people in the room and at first my mom's key worked and mine did not. I went back down to have my key fixed. When I went back, my key worked, but my mom was then locked out. Went back down again and they reactivated her key. This time we both went back and neither of the keys worked. The fourth time, they finally decided to give us new keys. Not once was there an apology and I had to wait in the check-in line each time (approximately 15-20 minutes each time).
The room was clean, but the hallway was dirty each day.
The waterpark and theme parks were small and disappointing for the ridiculous "resort" fee that we were charged. The pool was quite crowded so the lifeguards were letting kids run around the lazy river instead of staying in the tubes. The adult only hot tub policy was not enforced and there were a number of 2-7 year olds that came in with their parents/guardians. Other guests would mention that it was an adults only hot tub and different people (with different groups of children) would respond that it didn't matter because the employees wouldn't enforce the policy. This made it challenging for those that were looking forward to the adult only hot tub.
Most of the activities at the theme park cost extra money.
After our first few visits to the waterpark we decided to pay the day fees for other indoor waterparks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort