I wasn't going to bother writing a review on our joke of a stay since I asked to speak to a manager when we were there, and the girl at the desk outright refused! But after reading the majority of similar experiences I decided to share mine. We happen to check in the very next night after the man was thrown from the roller coaster, so not only was I concerned for my children's safety at their park, I also asked if they were going to even have the theme park open while we were there. (It wasn't while when we checked in.) she very rudely told me that we didn't pay for the attractions, we paid for the room, they came free with the room. Well, let me tell you.....I wouldn't have paid two dollars for the nasty room we got, in the farthest building from the water park, dirty, smelly, not enough pillows, paper thin blanket, half the lights didn't work. You couldn't run the frig and the microwave at the same time because there weren't enough plus ins! My husband had to go get a power bar! The kids spent an hour at the pathetic water park the first (of 3) nights and never wanted to go back. When the theme park did open up, the only thing that you didn't pay extra for that were age appropriate for my sons were the bumper cars and go carts, but after a 45 minute wait for a 2 minute ride that was stopped about 10 times, they were done! Most horrible vacation experience we've ever had!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort