“i was worried”
Review of Mt. Olympus Resort

Mt. Olympus Resort
Ranked #65 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I read all of the horror stories about Mt. Olympus Village and was very worried about what we were getting ourselves into (read them after booking). We were pleasantly surprised. Our motel was clean, it was quiet, close to the park, the perks were great (outdoor park, though limited, indoor amusement, and water park). I would definitely stay again. I like that they have the laminated wood floors, much better than questionable carpeting, the bathroom was clean, the beds, though hard, had decent bedding....I have stayed in much worse so-called 3 star hotels! My kids had a good time at all of the venues and didn't complain of long lines or any of the "issues" others cite. Having noted some of the other venues of "the village" I understand why some complained, but knowing what you're getting into makes a difference, which the site should be more clear about. I did miss having on-site pool, etc. Big improvement would be to somehow guarantee that a group would all be at same venue and ideally, opening the pools at these former hotel/motels.

Room Tip: building 21 was the former copa cobanna, which we actually stayed at back in the day. Nice big room...
1  Thank j d

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Clerks do not speak English well, and will not slow down either on the telephone or in person. The room was as far from the water park as you can get - driving distance - and parking at the park is crowded. Olympus has bought up blocks of old hotels, repainted them in blue and white, and now call them Mount Olympus. There is nobody on site to respond to guests. The room was large and quiet, but sparsely furnished - no coffee maker, just a thin cotton blanket on the bed, no bedspread, no carpet or rugs, and quite chilly. Cannot find out what hours the water park is open and we haven't tried it yet; frankly not sure we will because it seems like too much of a hassle to drive there, change into swimsuits and back again, and then to walk out into the cold afterwards. I am not paying $10 for a locker to cram my winter jacket into. We stayed here at the Easter special rate, and that's about all this room is worth.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate Y
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I wasn't going to bother writing a review on our joke of a stay since I asked to speak to a manager when we were there, and the girl at the desk outright refused! But after reading the majority of similar experiences I decided to share mine. We happen to check in the very next night after the man was thrown from the roller coaster, so not only was I concerned for my children's safety at their park, I also asked if they were going to even have the theme park open while we were there. (It wasn't while when we checked in.) she very rudely told me that we didn't pay for the attractions, we paid for the room, they came free with the room. Well, let me tell you.....I wouldn't have paid two dollars for the nasty room we got, in the farthest building from the water park, dirty, smelly, not enough pillows, paper thin blanket, half the lights didn't work. You couldn't run the frig and the microwave at the same time because there weren't enough plus ins! My husband had to go get a power bar! The kids spent an hour at the pathetic water park the first (of 3) nights and never wanted to go back. When the theme park did open up, the only thing that you didn't pay extra for that were age appropriate for my sons were the bumper cars and go carts, but after a 45 minute wait for a 2 minute ride that was stopped about 10 times, they were done! Most horrible vacation experience we've ever had!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Mh10101973
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Indoor "water park" was a glorified pool that was PACKED! The "hot tub" had a line at it the entire time! The lazy river was short and FULL of rude people/kids; long lines for THREE slides- that constitutes a water park?! Foreigners don't know what a line is or what?! You have to walk through the arcade or a bar area to get to the indoor "water park" and through the "waterpark" to get to the indoor :"amusement park" and the outdoor amusement park - which it was too cold for any rides but the go-carts to be open....we waited in line for over an hour for the go-carts. The indoor "amusement park" is a complete JOKE! Kids 4 and under only and how someone was killed on a ride I cannot imagine how that could have happened? The rooms were big, but our air conditioner didn't work and it was HOT (even in April so I cannot imagine in the summer?!) The room doors slammed all night long; carpet in hallways was disgustingly dirty! The hairdryer plug-in looked like it could kill someone! Apparently ANYONE can pay to go to the water park because we were staying there and couldn't find a parking spot after leaving to eat a late lunch, but when we checked out 1/2 the lot was empty! And the size of the elevators....you couldn't fit four people comfortably!!!! NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: We had a 3-queen bed suite and the size was great but the air conditioning didn't work and it wa...
1  Thank Cheryl P
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your spacious suite. I do however apologize for the inconveniences you endured. As for the room issues, if a guest is having a problem with any appliance not working properly we send one of our maintenance members to the room to take care of the issue promptly once we are made aware of it so the guest may enjoy the rest of their stay. As for the parks, Mt. Olympus Resort is a guest exclusive water and theme park Resort. This means that we do not sell tickets to outside guests. We have numerous parking lots to accommodate our guests and at check out time the parking lots do usually empty out seeing that guests are checking out and going back home. If you would like to discuss your recent stay further with a management team member please contact them at 1-800-800-4997. Thank You.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

First off the rooms weren't what we expected, thought we were going too be onsite but ended up being blocks away. The room wasn't thoroughly cleaned, there were pubs all behind and at the base of the toilet. The customer service reps were on vacation, I guess, because they were definitely not trying to do any work. The shiesty indoor water and theme parks were a waste of time. I took my daughter for her 12th birthday and she was "too tall" for all the rides free with wristbands so we had to pay for everything else in the indoor theme park, which I felt was odd since parents could get on with their children that were "too small" for the rides. The chlorine in the water of the indoor water park was so strong I was scared to let the kids swim. If the fumes are strong enough to burn your nose and eyes just walking through then I'm sure its unsafe to swim in. Since Mt Olympus couldn't entertain us we went back to the room to make our own fun. I had a group of kids with me celebrating my daughter's birthday, my cousin stopped by our room on his way too the night club and lit a cigarette, stupid I know, but I immediately made him leave knowing the rules. A whole hour after the fact 4 Lake Delton Police and about 9 onsite workers were pounding on the door, the police said they weren't going to bother with it, but at 1230a with the adults slightly under the influence, management decided to evict us from our room after only being in the room for only about 3 hours because of a late check-in. My daughter was crying a river, you think they cared, NO, they just got us a luggage cart and told us we had 10 minutes. Not only did we not get a refund, even though I'm sure they rebooked the room for the remainder of the night by it being spring break, they charged me an additional $170 on top of the $380. I would've had a better experience getting rooms at the super 8. First impressions are forever and as far as Mt Olympus, I'M NOT IMPRESSED!!! If you can dish out a few extra hundred, its better to book at The Wilderness, Kalahari, Great Wolf, anywhere but Mt Olympus. Mt Olympus, not for the people, all about the money!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tameika B
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking a minute to review or resort. I apologize if you feel matters were handled wrongly. Here in the state of Wisconsin smoking is prohibited in public places. When we have guests making complaints of other guests smoking in their rooms and it's disrupting their stay we have to ask the guest to leave.
Wisconsin State Law states: Act 12 generally prohibits smoking in enclosed public places and places of employment.
Our guests safety and comfort-ability are our main concerns here at Mt. Olympus.

If you would like to speak about these matters further with management feel free to contact them at 1-800-800-4997. Thank You

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is the first time I stayed at Mount Olympus and I probably won't be back unless there is a really good rate on a room and we don't need to use the watermark.

We stayed at Hotel Rome room during a Tuesday-Friday period in March and I was impressed with the size of the room. We didn't have problems with noise like other people did. It was challenging to find an elevator near where they recommended we park. My mother has a bad knee and we ended up having to go back to the lobby to use the elevator and then walk quite a ways to our room. I also had to get our room keys changed multiple times. We had two people in the room and at first my mom's key worked and mine did not. I went back down to have my key fixed. When I went back, my key worked, but my mom was then locked out. Went back down again and they reactivated her key. This time we both went back and neither of the keys worked. The fourth time, they finally decided to give us new keys. Not once was there an apology and I had to wait in the check-in line each time (approximately 15-20 minutes each time).

The room was clean, but the hallway was dirty each day.

The waterpark and theme parks were small and disappointing for the ridiculous "resort" fee that we were charged. The pool was quite crowded so the lifeguards were letting kids run around the lazy river instead of staying in the tubes. The adult only hot tub policy was not enforced and there were a number of 2-7 year olds that came in with their parents/guardians. Other guests would mention that it was an adults only hot tub and different people (with different groups of children) would respond that it didn't matter because the employees wouldn't enforce the policy. This made it challenging for those that were looking forward to the adult only hot tub.

Most of the activities at the theme park cost extra money.

After our first few visits to the waterpark we decided to pay the day fees for other indoor waterparks.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank esmara
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Website it deceiving. Booked ON-SITE @ Hotel Rome & were sent the the "village". Room was like being in the basement. OLD, musty, outdated, bed was hard as a rock. 1.5 miles from waterpark, when we expected to be on-site. Customer service was AWFUL, they offered nothing to keep the customer satisfied.
We checked in at 9 pm & checked out before 10pm, it was THAT bad. From the outside (when we pulled up), the indoor waterpark looked disgusting. Windows were so dirty that we could barely see inside & the water in the pool we could see looked gross & murky. There looked to be a TON of people in the tiny pool that we could see. Everything looked SO dirty.
At check-in we were told our room was off-site, so we'd have to drive back & forth, even though I booked ON-SITE & made absolute sure of it. They offered a room "upgrade" for $285, after we'd already paid $200! NO way. We decided to take the refund instead and leave, so we drove back home another 2.5 hrs at 10pm. Only 1 of our room keys worked, the other was useless. The kids didn't even get made, because they were so grossed out by the hotel room & the looks of the indoor waterpark. SUCH a huge disappointment. The fact that they have NO interest in making things right with the customer even is sickening. The reviews on facebook are all awful too & there are no responses from the company, so clearly they don't care when customers are unhappy, because they're making money and people are still staying there.
I'd stay FAR away from here. Next time we'll be staying at Kalahari or the Wilderness.

4  Thank AlysonM4