“Terrible Stay”

Ranked #64 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Southwest Wi
“Terrible Stay”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The room was ok. The hard wood floors made it loud in the room. The door had gaps and we could see of the room. The walls were thin and the hotel was overall loud. The free "wifi" was a joke and could not be used do to slow connections. Park was to be desired as our 5 year old had little she could do there and very few rides were open. The indoor theme park was hardly that. There was only a few rides and in a very small and stuffy building. You can tell that the hotel is over expanding and just trying to make money by packing people into the parks. The items to buy within the park are very overpriced. $3 for a bottle of soda and $2.50 for a bottle of water. I would not stay here again no matter what the deal was. I also didn't like that there was no free breakfast with the hotel.

3 Thank dillers02

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I'm glade I check yall review before I made it there. Yall said the village its like a motel, so I upgrade my room to the resorts. Y'all stated if at the Rome stay on the 3rd floor, because kids be running up and down the hall on the 2nd floor, so I did. But no never said if your are a African American you will experience the worst customer service in the world.

1st at the promotion booth when you 1st walks in an Caucasian male name Philip S. had the worst customer service. I tried to ask him a question and he turn his back away from me and started a personal conversation with another employee. I called him by his 1st name where I seen it on his name tag, no response. I then called him Mr and sir multiple times. When I finally gave and walk away he turn around and stated " am sorry I didn't know you was there". I'm glade I didn't bring my kids along to see that.

2nd everyone gave my wife and I dirty looks where ever where we go. I speak no reply.

3rd when the front desk inform me about club Wett they stated the dress code was no hooded, no baggie pants, no boots, and no tennis shoes. So my wife and I dress like it was Sunday best. but when up on arrival I seen that it wasn't no dress code so me and my wife was over dress.

This would be a good place if you was Caucasian but if yOur African American be prepared to be looked at, inorg, and lied to while your there.

8 Thank bigdaddyrob86

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Glad I read the reviews and was prepared. I wouldn't have stayed here if it were my choice. We stayed at Hotel Rome. The furniture was worn out and torn. There were no hand towels in the bathroom just washcloths. Very noisy. We could hear everything in the rooms next to us, in the hallway and the floor below us. Our part of the building also had a very bad smell to it. The indoor water park was overcrowded for the amount of people, especially with all of the new building they have purchased. The also need an onsite restaurant. Not worth the money at all!!!

4 Thank Lynn221972
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. Our management team would like to connect further with you about your recent stay. Please contact them at 1-800-800-4997 and ask for the manager on duty. Thank you
Waupaca, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed in the Mt. Olympus Village (it looks like Mt Olympus is buying up small hotel/motels and are now marketing them as Mt Olympus Village). Our building was across from Top Secret (waste of money) and it is unattended, so you should be okay with that if you are going to stay there. Someone came to clean the room (we just got some supplies from them and had them pass our room as we were staying 2 nights). I was happy to have laminate floors (hotel carpet creeps me out). We had a queen and a bunk bed, and I couldn't help but think that if the room was arranged differently it would be have been more useble and spacious. There was a fair amount of noise from the hall and through the walls. The bathroom was tiny. The shower was so small that my shoulders touched the wall and the curtain. Internet was terrible, like one step up from not having internet. You couldnt even update facebook with it, sometimes you could pull up Mt Olympus' website in order to find hours for the park. No way will you be able to stream any kind of video.
The resort was lacking. The indoor waterpark has 2 body slides, 2 tube slide, a pool (nothing extra like basketball hoops or lilypads), 2 hottubs, and a lazy river. The indoor "theme park" is bumper cars (too many cars in the given space), go carts, playground, kids tea cups and kids spring ride. For additional fees there is also an arcade, laser tag and climbing wall.
At the time that we were there they were starting to open outdoor theme rides, which were fun and it would have been nice if more of them were open. I imagine that during the summer when the outdoor theme park is open and the outdoor waterpark is open it would probably have a better rating. But as it stands with "winter" things open... not so great, other places are better.

Room Tip: Don't choose the Mt Olympus Village unless you are okay with being down the road and in an unatt...
4 Thank tammy w
Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. I'm happy to hear that you took advantage of some of the outdoor theme park rides that we opened as a bonus for our guests. I do however apologize for any inconveniences you endured during your stay.
All of our Mt. Olympus Villages have housekeeping and maintenance personal located in each building to assist our guests with any requests or issues in a prompt manner. If at anytime a guest needs to contact the front desk for assistance they would simply use the phone provided in the room and dial "0" like you would in any other Hotel/Resort. We would love for you to come back and try our parks during the summer months so you can take full advantage of all our outdoor water and theme parks. Thank you again!
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Honestly if it wasn't for our daughter we would of left in the middle of the night. Both nights two different rooms we struggled to sleep with the loud noises of inconciderate families. Thin walls, above and next to us, constant slamming doors. We wish we would of read the reviews, do yourself a favor and stay at the great wolf.

3 Thank Mach1man
Thank you for taking a minute to share your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the issues you endured. Our management staff would like to make things right with you. Please contact them at 1-800-800-4997 and ask for the manager on duty. Thank you again!
Spencer, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The resort was overpriced for the indoor water park amenities available. Indoor water park was too small and over crowded. Only one small standard pool, no wave pool, and short lazy river. Our room did not even include headboards. For a few extra dollars I'll be going to one of the other big water parks.

3 Thank John S
Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent stay with us. Here at Mt. Olympus we have a 55,000 square ft indoor water park which includes: 2 body slides, 2 tube slides, an endless river, 2 hot tubs, a large swimming pool and a children's play area with pirate ship,slides, tunnels, water spouts and geysers. We also have an indoor theme park which is included with your stay that has bumper cars, go karts, kiddie rides, ball pit area and a large token ran, prize redemption arcade. If you would like to speak to a management team member further about your recent stay please contact them at 1-800-800-4997. Thank you again.
DeKalb, Illinois
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I am so disappointed in our group's hotel choice while playing in a tournament in the Dells. It is loud in the hallways and our walls are paper thin. Our room has wood laminate floors and feels so uninviting!Very primitive accommodations for the stiff cost. I tried asking for an updated room with a manager and was told i had one. I won't recommend this location to others. Very disappointed but can't change hotel since our group is here.

3 Thank Michelle G