“Go somewhere else!,,”

Mt. Olympus Resort
Ranked #63 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Go somewhere else!,,”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I took the family here this past weekend for the 4th of July and my bad experience started with booking our room. After I booked he room and gave the employe my card info she finally let me know we would be up to a mile away from the park! He whole point of coming to a place like this is for child accessibility, so I had to fight to get my TWO rooms close to the park. Once we finally arrived to check in we were able to get checked in pretty quickly so we head over to our building, unload the truck and find that the lady who checked us in forgot to mention that out rooms wasn't ready yet. So I had to repack the truck and head back over to the busy main resort. After asking for a manager 3 times(because the manager kept sending employees out asking me why I wanted to speak to her) she finally came out. I explained why I was upset and she was finally able to get me a room that was ready, so we head back over to the building. The rooms aren't worth what hey are charging. They are poorly renovated hotels and motels with old furniture and appliances. During our first day in the park it was a hot day so we went to buy drinks from one of the many stations they have, and after standing in line for 20 min the employee tells me they don't have many of he products listed on the menu. After having to tell the employee what to focus on to resolve the issues she was having and being over charged I left with half the things I needed. Later that day we wanted to ride on one of their older coasters. We get in line at 6:50, they are supposed to close all rides at 7:00. The employees working the coaster tells me and my kids that we can't ride the coaster once we get to the loading station because they are closed. I let hem know that it was only 6:55 hat we should be able to ride. So instead of making the easy decision to let us ride because they had a half full coaster that they still had to run, she calls over her supervisor. He supervisor comes over and whispers to the employee, he then turns around and tells us we can't ride and send the half full coaster on its way. He then has the nerves to tell me to go ride something else. I had another 4-5 issues with the staff at Mt. Olympus, and I honestly don't see how they are still in business. I understand they have the majority of the space in the Dells but I expect to get what I paid for. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO MT. OLYMPUS! DON'T WASTER YOUR TIME OR MONEY!

5 Thank Kevin J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Hebrew first
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed in Hotel Rome June 30-July 5, let me separate this into 2 sections, Room and Resort.

Room:
Room was on the 2nd floor in Hotel Rome (Main Building). The room was 2 queen beds with a kids bunk off to the side. The room was lacking any drawers to put stuff in, with 6 people in the room it would have been huge benefit. It also included coffee in the room without a coffee maker? The rooms were all laminate floor for easy cleaning however it makes them quite noisy, we could hear noise from the room directly above us the whole trip. The kid section should have some sort of curtain or something to divide the room a bit better as it's hard to get the kids to sleep and have the adults stay up a bit later.

One other thing about the room to point out in a separate paragraph is that WiFi is horrible and only useable mid-day when everyone is out of their rooms. But from 6PM - 9AM it's useless, like 100% useless.

Resort:
The resort is quite nice; however the resort let too many people in as it's not exclusive to hotel guests. So it can get quite crowded; it was fine most days; however on the 1st night it started to rain so everyone tried to go to the inside waterpark and it was so crowded that it wasn't even save to be in the water. We ended up taking the kids back to the room to watch TV. I feel that in the event of a park closure due to rain the indoor park should be reserved ONLY for hotel guests.

They also, in my opinion, seem to be pretty short on life guards. With the amount of people in some of the pools I would like to see the lifeguards increase by 50%.

Overall it was "ok" but for the price I would rather stay elsewhere and maybe get a day pass to one of the parks. You could probably do better as it's only a mediocre room.

Room Tip: Only get a room in Hotel Rome, not village.
2 Thank ginonca1

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is gross, I mean the entire thing was gross and run down - we had bad experiences in the indoor theme park and the indoor water park is so small and dumpy. I have never left a hotel early but I could not stand another night in this place - beware!! When I got home, I sent a complaint letter, in response I got a message saying they would send me free water park passes - no thanks I won't be going back here EVER!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ChristinaC11075
Marquette
Reviewed 6 July 2014

While my friends and I are young (all under the age of 20) we found the park, water park and hotel all enjoyable. We stayed in the village building 18 which was clean and nothing special. The tv wasn't nice, but we didn't come to watch tv. The bedding was clean and nicely made, the bathroom was clean and the room was a good size. The theme park was fun, Hades was the best ride but the wait was very long. The water park was very crowded, but again, it's Wisconsin Dells so that's to be expected. Not sure if we got the good motel or what, but we had zero complaints about building 18. Overall enjoyed the one night we stayed and found that both parks were worth the money we paid.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Crthomas19
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We paying around $350 to stay here for one night and it was a total rip off. We thought we were staying in the main hotel and we're making fun of all the little dumpy motels along the road on the way only to find out our $350/night got us a room in one of those dumpy little morels. The walls are extremely thin and you can hear literally everything going on in the rooms around you, including other TVs being on and people stomping around and opening and closing their doors at all hours of the night. We called in a noise complaint for the people above us and after the noise continued for an hour we called again and and the noise still continued. The room is overall very cheap and in bad condition. Extremely dirty with disgusting carpet and sheets. You have to drive from the village rooms to the waterpark, which is not something we would have expected when paying $350 for a room. The indoor water park is extremely crowded with a wait line for the one hot tub. The water in the outdoor water park is ice cold and it is impossible to find chairs. We searched two different times wandering around the whole place for a single chair and could not find one.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank cjordan7
New London, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We recently ATTEMPTED to stay in one of the village rooms. The ONE picture provided on their website was not at all an accurate depiction of the actual room. Our room was completely unacceptable. The toilet was IN the entryway of our room WITHOUT a door to even separate the toilet from the refrigerator. The entryway of our room did have a door separating it from the bedroom portion of the room however the shower was in the same room as the bed. We tried to deal with the room and thought that the waterpark would be fun and that we would be able to enjoy the extended hours for hotel guests as advertised on their website however we discovered that the extended hours only applied to a few attractions and not the whole park.

The ice maker was also RIGHT outside our room door and was constantly making gurgling sounds which could be heard from inside our room. We decided to make the two hour trip home at approximately 11:30pm as this was completely unacceptable. I was able to receive a partial refund however we STILL had to pay over $60 because we had entered the waterpark (at around 6:00pm).

I've never been so disappointed in my life and will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for blatant false advertising!

6 Thank Lindsay W
Pecatonica, Illinois
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This resort owns so many adjoining properties that the water parks, slides and rides resemble the Christmas shopping rush after Thanksgiving at the entertainment areas! I will never go back, but I hate the Dells anyway, just got pressured because my wife got a good deal for a night for $300.00 + for one night? We are a family of six. I was pressured to go and acted happy to take the family.

Pros: we did have a nice clean room.
the foreign students are friendly, likable and terrific workers
Easy check in, and good prices for little things in the gift shop.
A whole lot of water slides and rides. All inclusive in the price.
Some drunk lady in the adjoining room with a witches cackle laughed till 12:30 a.m., the adjoining rooms doors don't block sound. The hotel responded very quick to my complaint. Thank them for that!

Cons: The bunk beds in the family rooms have a curved top, where it seems as my daughter did, kids smash their heads on a curved board cover when they crawl up for the first time. I say that as the board was worn from other obvious skulls hitting it. After a short cry and some ice, she learned. ( Pad them or throw them all out).

Rush... when the park opens, we never used any of the many water slides. People....thousands of them flock in at opening like commuters boarding a train at rush hour. Bumping, pushing and cutting in front of others like fish outta water for too long. An unfortunate storm came through, so everything shut down. We had to wait until morning and then rushed to the rides. We got a half dozen in until the lines got to be over an hour wait.

All water pools and slides were now packed like sardines in a small can, so we left the resort.

On the way out of town, I drove by a large water resort and noticed two people on top of slides and realized, the promotions by Mt. Olympus is so great, people skip the other big ones and here we likely would have had the run of the other place.

Anyway, I got home. My blood pressure was 167 over 88. I told the kids they can spray paint, "Dad never go to the Dells again in your life time" on the inside front wall of our garage. My blood pressure went down by evening. Good bye...Wisconsin Hells!

2 Thank biknrun