We recently stayed at Mt. Olympus Village. Our hotel was across the street from the park at the old Skyline Hotel. We had two rooms for our family. When we got tot he hotel, our kids walked in to their room and immediately told us there was a strong stench in the room. We walked in and also smelled a horrible sewer smell. We did call and ask for a new room and got one for the kids.
Overall, we were very disappointed. Mt. Olympus has purchased many old hotels at the Dells and uses them to warehouse their guests. I was hoping to relax at our hotel pool while the kids were across the street at the water park, but the pool and former indoor water park were closed down. The windows into the pool area had been blackened so the guests could not see the former pool area. There also was no front desk or customer service available within the hotel.
The chair by the table was stained. The soaps, toilet paper and shampoo were of the lowest quality I have ever seen at a hotel. There was no coffee maker, but instant coffee and a microwave was available. Our TV broke and did not have any volume as we were watching it at night. I know these are small things, but it really reinforced the idea that Mt. Olympus basicly wanted to only provide guests with a bed and bathroom by shutting down the rest of the hotel amenities. I would have preferred to spend a little more to have the convenience of a pool at my hotel. My husband and I did not want to have to parkour car, walk a very long distance and then realize there was not a lounge chair at the crowded water park or pool.
I also think that the Dells has lost some character with so many ugly blue and white painted hotels in Mt. Olympus Village. I hope Mt. Olympus rethinks this and gives a middle of the road option between Hotel Rome and the Village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort