“Don't camp here (unless you don't need rest)”
Review of Mt. Olympus Resort

Mt. Olympus Resort
Ranked #63 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
bonz65
“Don't camp here (unless you don't need rest)”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The campground (tents area) had carousers til after 2am!?! When the firecrackers blasted at 2:15am I went to find a Campground Host- THERE ISN'T ONE! Some guy walked behind our tent and urinated at 2:30am (bathroom wasn't twenty yards away) I wanted a refund but all they gave me was tickets to come back to the park. (8hr drive from home) THE PARK... concept & design = good. Roller coasters rocked! Lots of nails popping out of handrails and warped wood that is being neglected. A local told me it's under new ownership last few years and sliding downhill since. Whole place needs paint and TLC before it's too late. Water park was fun. Staff did not speak much English (blew their whistles alot and pointed) Tsunami wave pool was a hit with my kids.

Room Tip: Read title of review (repeat until it sinks in)
2 Thank bonz65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Hebrew first
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was the worst experience. The hotel was smelly and because they have so many village buildings(more than 30 motels they have bought), the waterpark and amusement park are over-run by people. The guests were rude and a lot of line jumping which made it tough get on anything. I will NEVER stay here again. I will stay closer to the freeway.

3 Thank Cheryl W

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I just woke up from my first night here and I'm so unbelievably upset I am ready to just drive home early. The room is an apartment, hardly renovated and very broken. Toilet plugged, broken chair in the kitchen, tattered furniture. Loose fixture on the whirlpool, broken mirror over the whirlpool, broken thermostat, 1980's tube televisions, loose trimboards, and I can't complain without driving back to the resort because the phones do not work!

Aaaaarrrrggggghhhh! Get me the HECK outta here!

The ride times are much longer than reported on the signs, the ride attendants are not consiststant with the rules (many children under 42" riding the Cyclops, a 48" minimum rollercoaster!), beligerant, profane woman allowed to ride the karts just because she wouldn't get off. Held up the ride an extra 15 minutes and when the ride was up it only got worse.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ggilsrud
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family and I just stayed at Mt. Olympus Resort for two nights. I am going to be completely honest in this posting. Mt. Olympus has a lot of activities for a family. Swimming, many pools, go-carts, roller coasters etc. and our room was clean, not great but clean. My issue is we were in a room that was so far away from the pools and activities. I had no idea the pool was not there on location. I have other issues... One of our rooms had a door for ajoining rooms that was missing a door, so basically the other room could get into ours. We switched rooms needless to say. We had a wonderful view of the lake outside our room however there was trash all over the ground outside our window. I would never stay here again and would not recommend.

Room Tip: I would not recommend
1 Thank Michele P
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our room smelled so bad it was disgusting. Light fixtures from the 50's. Carpet to match. I know some of the Village rooms have been renovated but to sell something l like this for that kinda money is a joke. Place seems like the Wal mart of waterparks. Lines were brutal. 1 1/2 hour wait to ride a water slide. Lazy river was packed to the gills and no where near a relaxing experience. Was was my first and absolute first and last stay at this place. Barely speaking English service throughout the resort and had a hard time understanding anything the front desk was saying. Bar area was greasy and dirty. Felt like the place was very grungy and greasy. Room and waterpark. Go to Chula Vista or Kalahari.

Room Tip: Best tip is don't stay here.
2 Thank Bob's I
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Low budget at best. Overpriced rooms for access to out dated and over populated water park. Wait in line to get in the hot tub, really? Requested late check out or a place to stash bags until our son's sporting event was done at 12pm. Mt Olympus staff had no solution. Go somewhere else.

2 Thank Chantel S
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have never been to the Dells and got a great room rate of $119 or so a night for a room at Mt Olympus. As soon as we arrived at the water park my 8 year old had a medical emergancy. We ran to the hotel rome building for help. The workers in front of the door told me to go to the front desk when I said I needed help. It took FOREVER for someone at the front desk to help us. I had to interupt them. I asked for first aid and they said they didn't have it there. I asked for ice and they said they didn't have any. OK really? Its a hotel and a restaurant/bar right there and no ice?! I finally said FINE! Where is the nearest hospital we'll go to the emergancy room! They didn't know that either! FINALLY they tell me to go to the indoor water park for help because first aid is there. Oh..but my car will get towed since we are in 30 minute parking. *sigh* So, the front desk person gave me a parking pass but said I had to move my car..more delay in getting medical help! I'm sorry..but if you have 1500 rooms and tons of kids, the employees should have emergancy procedures in place when you need help. Needless to say we never got to use the water park. We left the next morning. My 8 year old was devestated and so upset she said she never wants to go back. It was very tramatic for her as she was so excited to go to the park. It was very overwhelming how their resort works. We were at a village a ways away. It was confusing where we had to park to be able to use the parks. The area we stayed in looked like a run down motel that they bought from the outside. The inside was decorated really cool with a water wheel bunk bed. My daughter LOVED this! The air conditioner did not work properly. You could turn it on and nothing adjusted. No buttons worked. In looking at it closer there was mold in the air conditioner..so we had mold spores blowing around the room when it was on and blowing. The bathroom was in the original state and the bathtub plug did not work so I had to take it out to take a shower. I think the resort has a lot of potential, but they really need to work on a few things. The room looks amazing then you see the other stuff that is wrong it brings down the good of that. It made me a bit sad as we were so looking forward to this night there since we have never been. I tried to tell someone of our experience so they could make improvements and know what was wrong, but no one could help me with that either. I guess they weren't interested on improvements.

3 Thank MNTravelGirl007