“Nice location, clean and friendly”

Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #25 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I recently spent the night at the Holiday Inn Express at the Dells. I was attending a conference at the Kalahari but couldn't get a room there. This worked to my advantage, I think, because the room I had at the Holiday Inn Express was very nice and it was very quiet. I can't imagine how noisy the rooms at the Kalahari would have been with all those screaming kids running around the place! I enjoyed the hot tub at the Holiday Inn in peace and quiet. This hotel is only a couple of doors down from the Kalahari and was very convienent. I also "enjoyed" a little side trip to the Ho Chunk casino which is about 10 miles or so from the hotel. I would recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Express when in the Lake Delton/Wis Dells area. The breakfast buffet was good, too.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 November 2012

The front desk staff was super polite and friendly. The place smells great as soon as you walk in the door. It has a wonderful continental breakfast with lots of choices. The rooms were very clean and the beds were also very comfortable. We didn't get a chance to check out the pool or much of anything as it was a quick stay. We would definitly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I booked this hotel for a few nights through Priceline. I was very impressed and surprised with the level of service I experienced while staying here. Employees were very friendly and willing to go above and beyond. Excellent service. Room was very spacious and above all, extremely clean. Excellent stay at this hotel. Fabulous pool area in the summer, also. Great location, close to area attractions.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I have stayed at this location a few times now and find the staff to be extremely accomodating and friendly.
Rooms are dated but clean and you are very close to many restaurants and a great cheese stor across the highway.
Keep up the great work !
Glen

Room Tip: First floor has an easier access from the parking lot
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I have stayed at a lot of Holiday inns. And this one in the Wisconsin Dells I felt very welcome and it was clean. And the front desk called are room to see if are room was ok and if they could do anything for us. The hotel has a breakfast bar and everything was very clean and the food was nice and warm and a lot to pick from from cereal to eggs and sausage. So if you need a place to stay I give this five*****and you well to.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

Called on our way to Illinois from Minnesota and got a room for a decent price. Room was clean and they had an excellent breakfast!!! The only complaint was that our room could not connect to their internet, seemed like a repeater was down. As soon as we went to the lobby our devices connected immediately. We tried on 4 devices with the same result. I told the young girl at the desk as I checked out and her responds was "nobody else complained" If we stayed another night I would have asked for a manager but I said ok and left to continue our trip. Hopefully se looked into it for other / future guests. She didn't seem as friendly as the young man who checked us in the night before. We stayed Oct 21-22.

• Stayed: October 2012
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the room, the breakfast, and had a pleasant check in experience. We are always trying to make a guest stay as pleasant and memorable as possible and I'm glad you have the positive points of your stay on your mind. I do apologize for the internet issue. I have brought this to the attention of my General Manager and we will be sure to look into it so that you or no other future guest has issues using the internet as I'm, sure that can be frustrating. I also can promise you that I will speak with the desk team about how to properly handle a situation if a guest is having an issue. Next time you are in town I'm hoping you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel because of the location which was close to shopping and restaurants.
The last time we stayed with them was 3 yrs ago and we had a very pleasant experience.
This time it was just the opposite. They checked us into a horrible smelling room and when we complained to the front desk we were told that we probably had mildew on our shower curtain.
It wasn't the shower curtain but the whole room that had a terrible odor.
They moved us to the room next door which DID have a mildewed shower curtain with hair in the bathtub and also a bunion pad on the shower shelf.
We gave up and stayed the night but won't be back!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you for the feedback. We encourage both positive and negative feedback here at the Holiday Inn Express in Wisconsin Dells as we are always trying to grow to exceed guest expectations and better the guest experience. I have printed off this review to address the issues you encountered with our head housekeeper to ensure this type of situation doesn't happen to you or any other future guest that may be staying with us. We take pride in being one of the most clean hotels here in the Wisconsin Dells area as the choices you have to stay are endless. You do have our most sincere apologies and we hope next time you are in town you will give us another opportunity to host you so you can see this isn't a reoccurring issue. If you ever want to talk about your experience please know that my office door is always open and I enjoy speaking with the customer about the positives and negatives so that we can continue to exceed your expectations.