“Simplicity is key”

Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #26 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Very basic, straight foreword hotel. I enjoyed the cleanliness of the beds. They felt & smelled fresh, sometimes it's hard to get decent bedding at a hotel. Holiday Inn is very clean, spacious, & had friendly staff. Great price for 3 people. Will go again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your most recent stay! We are happy to see all the positives you took away from our property as we work very hard to ensure every guest feels this way when they stay with us. We look forward to the next time we have the opportunity to serve you and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel! The staff was super friendly, the rooms were very clean, the beds were awesome, the continental breakfast was probably the best I've had at any hotel before, the pool was good, everything was great! I will definitely come back to stay here!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank freaksniecey
Reviewed 18 February 2014

As a corporate 100 plus night a year traveler I hold a pretty tight tolerance for reviews...it was actually a bad hotel stay that pushed me into reviews...I typically do not end up at Holiday Inn or Express based on there price is usually higher. I have stayed here I believe 3 times and have always been satisfied with my stay. I usually use Priceline for a good price. It is a little loud at times, but I like to think its from families having a good time. I stayed on a Sunday night so it was on the quiet side, was given a clean room that filled my needs. I read a few of the latest reviews and can see that most have merit. I think if you can find a deal your experience is better

Room Tip: Upper floor end of the hall...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This appears to be a newer property and the rooms are lovely and large. However, the hotel was built with flimsy construction. As I write this, I can hear every footstep from the room above mine. You can hear doors opening and closing up & down the hallway and banging in general from all over. Very little soundproofing. So, if you don't mind sleeping with earplugs and never fully relaxing, then this may be the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Janie E
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us! We always love to read what our guest have to say and your comments will be shared with the entire staff. I'm very happy to see that you found our property to be lovely and large. We take great pride in our cleanliness and work hard everyday to ensure every guest feels the same way. I do apologize for the noise issue. Did you bring this to anyone on the staffs attention? We do have a policy in place for noise complaints so if you did I'm curious to how the staff member handled the issue. One tip that I always give to people from my past experiences staying in hotels is to always pick a room on the top floor. This way no guest is above you. We stay pretty busy throughout the year with different sports teams that come to the Wisconsin Dells to compete in tournaments but we do do our best to separate our guest from being right next to the groups. Next time you are in town I'm hoping you are willing to give us another chance to serve you as we feel it is a privilege to call you our guest. Thank you again for the feedback and I hope you find my tip helpful

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We were weary travelers who needed to get off the Hwys. during a blizzard and the young man at the front desk ( Chris I believe ) was the most helpful, professional and pleasant front desk attendant that we had encountered during our travels that past week. Our check in was efficient, friendly and hassel-free. The manner in which he handled the details of our stay put us at complete ease.

I own a resort in Canada and sincerely appreciate having great staff to represent our businesses well!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jackie D
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Management was great. Very courteous staff. I would stay here again. Only reason I gave this a 3 was due to the lifeguard. Constantly playing on his phone and wearing headphones. You're payed to do a job, do it.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hurdy T
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us! Im happy to see you found our staff to be so courteous and that everything went great as we work very hard to be one of the most customer service oriented business's in the Wisconsin Dells area! I do apologize for the lifeguard being on his phone as I can completely understand how frustrating that can be. I have printed off your review and will be sure to address this with the team members. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and hope next time you are in town you stay with us again.
Thanks,

Reviewed 24 December 2013

This hotel is very family friendly and a cheap alternative to a water park. The pools are great for all ages! Beds were comfortable with reasonable rates. I would recommend staying here if you are looking for a central location in Wisconsin Dells.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple